• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

This is the Veiga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why restrict yourself to midfielders? That's being very selective especially when bar Thiago we haven't bought any recently!

I don't care if he stays or if he goes. He's a good lad but I think he should go on loan because if we get 3 midfielders then he's way down the list. That is all.

Why restrict to midfielders? Because our system places very unique demands on them. Forwards much less so, although they need to figure out the counter-press system. The CBs do the CB thing - not quite, but close. Being a midfielder for Klopp is really hard, which is why no has slotted in.

Why restrict to midfielders? Because our system places very unique demands on them. Forwards much less so, although they need to figure out the counter-press system. The CBs do the CB thing - not quite, but close. Being a midfielder for Klopp is really hard, which is why no has slotted in.
Haha nah. Poor reasoning but if you like the theory who am I to stop the delusion ;)

Chelsea have apparently enquired about him

"Chelsea have inquired on Spanish talent Gabri Veiga’s release clause; conditions, payment terms or chance to negotiate with Celta Vigo.

"No bid or concrete steps as of now.

"Liverpool did exactly the same earlier this week, he's one of the players LFC are following."

Chelsea seem to have a really random buying strategy; it’s like they don’t have their own scouting and just follow what other clubs are doing and trying to outbid them here and there. I wonder if competitors are trying to manipulate them into some stupid purchase while hiding their real targets.

Chelsea seem to have a really random buying strategy; it’s like they don’t have their own scouting and just follow what other clubs are doing and trying to outbid them here and there. I wonder if competitors are trying to manipulate them into some stupid purchase while hiding their real targets.

They seem to be literally trying to sign everyone.

I wonder if Boehly thinks after he’s bought an entire teams worth of players he’ll never have to buy another player ever again.

Last edited:
Not sure how true but apparently Veiga is on 3k a week at Celta.

And Celta want to double it to 6k a week to fend off interest.

Yet we want to put him on 80k a week.

Lol, sounds legit.

Not sure how true but apparently Veiga is on 3k a week at Celta.

And Celta want to double it to 6k a week to fend off interest.

Yet we want to put him on 80k a week.

Lol, sounds legit.
I remember that Portuguese player we had before Klopp, half decent, and he was complaining about being on 30k a week. Moises Caciedo was rumoured to be on £3k a week, what would he make if he moved? I am not seeing your point.

I remember that Portuguese player we had before Klopp, half decent, and he was complaining about being on 30k a week. Moises Caciedo was rumoured to be on £3k a week, what would he make if he moved? I am not seeing your point.
He was earning 10-15k a week before signing a new deal in Feb which now see's him on 60k a week.

Even after the season Veiga's had, Celta only want to give him 6k a week? Come on, this story is crap.....how gullible are some people.

* Liverpool enquire about Veiga
* Liverpool interested in Veiga
* Liverpool are currently strong favourites to sign Veiga
* Liverpool are informed on the conditions of the deal for Veiga
* A report suggests Liverpool have made an offer to this potential superstar
* Liverpool have made a substantial offer as they attempt to win race for ....

And yet nothing...
You see where I'm going with this?

Seems a little "Vague-a" if you ask me.

If we actually wanted him, he'd be in a red kit, leaning against a wall at the training centre.

And yet nothing...

If we actually wanted him, he'd be in a red kit, leaning against a wall at the training centre.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha Modo!!!!!

And yet nothing...

Probably just making all this noise because we are announcing a new partnership with Street Fighter

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha Modo!!!!!
heres-to-you-wink-and-point.gif

I know he's young, but after reading that Athletic summary, I'm not sure how he fits into the RCM position. He doesn't maintain possession well, he's got little interest in build-up play and generally needs the cover of other players for a team to be stable.

It's hard to call really because the midfield is getting completely reinvented, but historically the RCM role has been one to do the tireless running, to be selfless, to cover space, to drag players out of possession, etc. Viega sounds more like a Chamberlain type with increased strength but less acceleration and general explosiveness.

I know he's young, but after reading that Athletic summary, I'm not sure how he fits into the RCM position. He doesn't maintain possession well, he's got little interest in build-up play and generally needs the cover of other players for a team to be stable.

It's hard to call really because the midfield is getting completely reinvented, but historically the RCM role has been one to do the tireless running, to be selfless, to cover space, to drag players out of possession, etc. Viega sounds more like a Chamberlain type with increased strength but less acceleration and general explosiveness.
I don't think he's for the RCM position at all, and if he is it's a HUGE red flag for me. I think he's backup false 9/LCM.

I hear this Viega cunt cannot even pass. Ok for a Klopp as he dont want such players.
I doubt you’d make it as a top flight footballer in one of Europe’s best leagues if you “couldn’t even pass”, that’s like saying Messi or Mo can’t pass….that’s not their role in their teams just like that’s not his role in Celta’s.

It seems like there’s always one reason or another as to why fans decide against a player……”he’s too short”’, “too old”’, “too slow”, “too injury prone”, “too weak”’, “bad attitude” etc.

@binomial - just to be clear, Curtis shits all the players we are linked with, even the expwnsivr ones that are not worth it, imcludes Barrella, Rice, Caicedo, and especially Jude. Its an absolute disgrace that Klopp has hidden/restricted him so much. Any other manager would build a team around him.

@binomial - just to be clear, Curtis shits all the players we are linked with, even the expwnsivr ones that are not worth it, imcludes Barrella, Rice, Caicedo, and especially Jude. Its an absolute disgrace that Klopp has hidden/restricted him so much. Any other manager would build a team around him.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom