• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

This new striker in January

Status
Not open for further replies.
Franco Di Santo: out of contract at the end of the season, called up by Argentina (though I can't imagine he'd get in the important games ahead of Tevez, Aguero, etc.).

Anybody watch enough of Wigan to know if he's decent? I hear he's having a good season, but I haven't seen Wigan play this year.

Based on his signings so far I actually trust that Rodgers won't take a needless risk on a striker. I just hope he is given the backing he needs for this.

I also think with a centre forward we would look like:

----------------CF-------------
-Sterling---Suarez---Suso
---------Allen-----Gerrard

or

----------------CF-------------
-Sterling---Suarez---Gerrard
---------Allen-----Lucas

When Lucas is back we'll hopefully switch to one sitting mid.....

--------------CF------------------
Sterling-----------------Gerrard
-------Allen----Şahin/Suso------
-------------Lucas-----------------

Deja fucking vu.

United have 4 brilliant strikers.
City have 4 brilliant strikers

We have 1.

Squads aren't made up of 11 players.

Really? I'd disagree and say they have two each with City edging it in the reserve stakes with Dzeko and Mario.

robin the rapist - world class
tevez - excellent
aguero - very good

The others range from meh, over rated to good.

We could do with any of them mind.

I think Fellaini would be a very clever signing for our formation - a target man with skill/technique who could link up play and contribute with a decent share of goals. Obviously never going to happen.

I think Fellaini would be a very clever signing for our formation - a target man with skill/technique who could link up play and contribute with a decent share of goals. Obviously never going to happen.

Wasn't this the idea behind Carroll? That backfired in spectacular fashion

Fellaini for us as a striker ? Hmmm .
I do think we should have a look at Wilfried Bony . 12 goals already this year in the Eredivisie . This is him last year .

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKWodin3QOk

Strong as , good acceleration , decent skills , puts the ball in the net . I love the bit on there where he backheels it in and does not even look back .

Bony seems decent from the few Vitesse games I've seen. But it's unlikely he'd go to any team but Chelsea if Vitesse were to sell him to PL.

Arsenal won't give up on Walcott, as Liverpool and Chelsea wait in the wings

By ROB DRAPER
PUBLISHED: 22:09, 17 November 2012 | UPDATED: 22:09, 17 November 2012

Arsenal will make a last-ditch bid to keep Theo Walcott, who is wanted by Liverpool and Chelsea, in fresh contract talks next month.
Walcott's contract expires in seven months and negotiations have been deadlocked since Arsenal made a bid to press him to sign a new deal at the end of August.

article-0-1613C2C0000005DC-58_634x392.jpg

article-0-1614E04B000005DC-294_634x403.jpg

On target: Theo Walcott scored his ninth of the season against Tottenham
With Walcott delivering another excellent performance in the 5-2 win over Tottenham, scoring his ninth goal of the season, manager Arsene Wenger admits the need to secure the player is growing.
'I believe he is doing very well,' said Wenger. 'I haven't changed my mind on him. I always said I wanted to keep him. We try to find an agreement. We haven't found it yet. But he doesn't play like someone who wants to leave and I don't behave like someone who wants him to go.'

article-0-1613D217000005DC-457_634x286.jpg

In negotiations: Arsene Wenger wants Theo Walcott to stay
Walcott said: 'I'm just continuing to play my football and I'm letting Arsenal and my agents deal with all that side of the thing.
'I enjoy playing at this club, like I said before, and hopefully something can get sorted out.'

article-0-0BAC473900000578-863_634x374.jpg

Out of action: Theo Walcott (back) has not always played as much as he would like
The two parties agreed to hold off from a formal meeting while Walcott was not starting for Arsenal - given that the player's prime concern was whether or not he would be key to Wenger's plans.
But now Walcott has scored eight goals and started four of the last five games, talks will resume in the next few weeks.

article-0-0888303C000005DC-484_634x399.jpg

International stage: Theo Walcott celebrates after scoring for England against Croatia
Although Chelsea, Manchester City and Liverpool all made moves to sign the player last summer - with Chelsea and Liverpool likely to try again in January - Walcott and Arsenal will attempt to thrash out a deal next month.
Only if those talks fail will the player be moving on and in January he would be free to sign for a European club such as Juventus.

article-0-15E1FB5B000005DC-551_634x381.jpg

article-0-15C46B03000005DC-450_634x443.jpg

Under Premier League rules he cannot sign for Liverpool or Chelsea until the end of the season, when his contract runs out.
The player has never demanded to play centre-forward, but it is understood he was hoping to be given a chance to prove himself in a central role in Capital One Cup games.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2234574/Arsenal-wont-Theo-Walcott-Liverpool-Chelsea-wait-wings.html#ixzz2CWoLe6wr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Eh??? I've not heard of this rule before.

Under Premier League rules he cannot sign for Liverpool or Chelsea until the end of the season, when his contract runs out.

Eh??? I've not heard of this rule before.

I presume this is just the daily fail getting their story on the piss, I presume they meant he can't go on a bosman until the summer. No rule stops us from buying him in Jan, if that's what both clubs wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom