• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

This new striker....

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not wank, but I REALLY don't want him. Think he'd be shit for us. Not mobile or creative enough. This would be a bad signing IMO

Liverpool have been given a boost in their chase for 25-year-old Borussia Dortmund midfielder Marco Reus, after Bayern Munich dropped out of the race for his signature. Caughtoffside.com

Could he be another Soldado?

That would be my fear.

He's not particularly skilful, fast, strong, creative... basically, we would have to set our team up to supply him. As I've said umpteen times before, we need another mobile, fluid attacker to fit into our system. Higuain isn't that player.

We are definitely getting someone big. I heard from a genuine ITK today

Peter Crouch? He's big.
Ha. I don't know, ive heard it second hand from a guy that gets me tickets. His source is a ex player, and he heard from a current player, who gave very little away.

Peter Crouch? He's big.

No - its Andy Carol we are re-signing him. Fuck it if Higuain - no way, the way we play having an old fashioned fox in the box finisher is not our type anymore, we need more - Luis did more so we need to replace with someone who does more. Is there any truth to that Marco Reus rumour ? - I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE GUY PLAY, but based on the experience of the good people on this site - most have sounded like they are jizzing on their monitors/tablets/mobiles every time his name comes up - so I can only think he can be nothing but good where he plays now.

Ha. I don't know, ive heard it second hand from a guy that gets me tickets. His source is a ex player, and he heard from a current player, who gave very little away.

Ohh right, cool. Hopefully something comes of it then...3 weeks to get it sorted.

Ohh right, cool. Hopefully something comes of it then...3 weeks to get it sorted.
Hope so too.

I have no reason to doubt it though. A legendary ex player rung him to tell him this.

A current player is confident we are signing someone big

I know this sounds strange - but whoever this player is - all I can say is that - there is no one out there to replace Louis Suarez, so when these reporters say we will sign someone big - I don;t think unless its messi , or cr7 there will be anyone who will guarantee us success.

I know this sounds strange - but whoever this player is - all I can say is that - there is no one out there to replace Louis Suarez, so when these reporters say we will sign someone big - I don;t think unless its messi , or cr7 there will be anyone who will guarantee us success.
So who's hidden this guys medication? Come on fess up.

Suarez didnt guarantee us success either, if we bring somebody in who can score 25 goals a season I'll consider him to have been effectively replaced. I dont understand why people are so fatalistic about losing Suarez, we had great strikers before him and we will have great strikers in the future. He wasnt a top 5 in the world player when we bought him so the assumption that he can only be replaced by Messi or Ronaldo is ridiculous, we will move on we always do. Some transfers will work out others wont, long term I have faith in Rodgers to build the team.

Suarez didnt guarantee us success either, if we bring somebody in who can score 25 goals a season I'll consider him to have been effectively replaced. I dont understand why people are so fatalistic about losing Suarez, we had great strikers before him and we will have great strikers in the future. He wasnt a top 5 in the world player when we bought him so the assumption that he can only be replaced by Messi or Ronaldo is ridiculous, we will move on we always do. Some transfers will work out others wont, long term I have faith in Rodgers to build the team.

Arsesne Wenger would disagree with you; recall Suarez helped us clinch the other trophy, qualifying for the champions league ;)

Cross this one off then.
--------------------------

Alexandre Lacazette is aware of the clamour for his signature but says he intends to spend another season at Lyon.
The 23-year-old striker, who enjoyed a breakthrough year in 2013/14, has been heavily linked with a switch to Newcastle United, with Alan Pardew once again turning his attention to the Ligue 1 market. Liverpool have also reportedly taken an interest in a frontman who plundered 22 goals in all competitions last term.

The Premier League pair look like being left empty-handed, though, as Lacazette has no intention of entering into transfer talks. He believes his ongoing development would be best served by another year in his homeland, with it important for him to get regular game time and challenge for the Golden Boot in the French top flight before looking to move on.

Lacazette told Le Parisien: “Why do I want to stay? Because I am happy at Lyon. Lyon is a nice club, a nice city and a nice project. “There have been propositions from everywhere but after a lot of thinking, I decided it was better to stay. “We will see at the end of the season if I was right, but I think I have made the right decision.
“Now, at the start of the season, I can’t think that I will score more goals than Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but I want to try and reduce the gap. One day I hope to be a great striker like him.”

So it looks like Divock Origi is the striker. Pity we have to wait until next season for him to feature. lets hope that a season of regular football accelerates his development.

Unless its that young unproven Lazio striker we intend getting for 24M odd.

Oops, its E'to on a free.

Never has there been a more fitting user name.

Will be interesting how Finnbogason gets on a Sociedad. 39 goals in Holland last season.

Surprised he hasn't gone to a bigger club really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom