• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

This Old Lady Can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on Bren, we have spent the equivalent of one of Moratas Legs so far.
We are IN IT TO WIN IT!

If we lose Coutinho and Can this summer, I'd defy even the Happy Clapper Spastic Gang to put a positive spin on a fucking disastrous summer transfer window.
Even if keep Can and Coutinho it will be a shit summer transfer window if we don't buy a quality CB to replace Lovren.

I wouldn't be heartbroken to lose Can if we buy Keita. I we lose Coutinho it will be considerably more bitter than sweet.

It may be though that we have been resigned to losing Coutinho this summer and that our work in the transfer market has been in an attempt to make the best of a bad lot. Maybe it's just bampot paranoia, but Coutinho's body language has not been right throughout last season. His goal celebrations were always muted. With my foil-hat on, I'd advance the idea that his long term contract was given with a gentleman's agreement. Pure speculation, but we've been down this road at least a couple of times before with players who end up in Barca.

Why is this still up in the air? Give him a contract or sell him tomorrow. Not arsed personally although some point soon we're going to struggle to fill the bench.

Gazzetta is reporting that Can has rejected the latest contract offer and will be sold to ensure we don't lose him for 0.

Gazzetta is reporting that Can has rejected the latest contract offer and will be sold to ensure we don't lose him for 0.
Disheartening if true, however makes the most sense.

Now we just need to get a good fee

Enthusiasm and energy aside, I don't think Can is ever going to be great, so in the long run, I'm not particularly bothered if he goes. Having said that, it's getting pretty late in the transfer window now, so I'd want a decent replacement lined up. What's more, we are hardly blessed with strength and physicality in midfield these days, so I rather hope we replace him with someone of a similar ilk (but preferably with more ability).

I'd like to keep him for midfield and squad strength. I'm not entirely convinced by Can, though. I think he'd be gone in a year or two anyway.

I'm a can believer , I think he could be captain and our star midfield man in a year or two .

I certainly back him over the current captain

We have no choice but to sell. We should consider notifying UEFA as its blatantly obvious that Juventus have been communicating with his agent for months. We either sell him for 23mil now or lose him for free. He'll end up at Juventus regardless.

We have no choice but to sell. We should consider notifying UEFA as its blatantly obvious that Juventus have been communicating with his agent for months. We either sell him for 23mil now or lose him for free. He'll end up at Juventus regardless.
Our midfield is too paper thin to sell Can. No way can we sell him.

He would be stupid to move anyway. Can pocket a substantial sign on fee next summer, develop further in Klopp's system and guidance and Pocket a PL and/or CL trophy on the way.

If Keita was coming I wouldn't be arsed. Far too pleased with himself. Lot of work to do to become top class IMO. But as Keita clearly ain't coming, he has to stay for this season.

If Keita was coming I wouldn't be arsed. Far too pleased with himself. Lot of work to do to become top class IMO. But as Keita clearly ain't coming, he has to stay for this season.

And those 23 M lost will, added to the release clause for Keita, equal the price we will pay for Keita this year (48 M € release clause plus 25 M € for Can). Still would like to have both in the Squad though.

Can is very good with potential to be better.

Fair enough, Juve go after value in the market and at 25M or whatever he is definitely value for money, but they've demonstrated a pretty good eye for players in recent years.

We were linked to Milinkovic-Savic earlier in the window, and I'd be happy to bring him in and sell Can. He gives us a similar physicality to Can and could have an even higher ceiling (at 6' 3" he needs a high ceiling). So long as we have a quality replacement lined up I'd be willing to lose Can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom