• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Title Race

We have no chance of winning the league unless either endo comes good and plays regularly, or we buy a DM in january. We currently give away too many big chances per game. No team wins the league giving away all the chances that we do.

It’s pretty rare a side after 1 “loss” in 14 games have no chance at winning the league but I somewhat agree we need to stop giving up chances. For me given we concede a lot of attacks down our right side, a RB is equally important.

Klopp has a very impressive record in in the 2nd half of seasons, he pulled us through obscurity in 20/21 and last season we were very close to finishing 4th after looking like an 8th place team. Never doubt this man.

We haven't beaten any of the top sides so far have we?
I mean except Villa and Newcastle, I guess.

Well we can’t play ourselves Modo, City and Arsenal are the only other top sides in this league. City away felt like a win.

Well we can’t play ourselves Modo, City and Arsenal are the only other top sides in this league. City away felt like a win.
Well, no. Still think the top half sides are the ones who will test us properly, considering the shape of our defence and midfield.

Last edited:
Well, no. Still think the top half sides are the one who will test us properly, considering the shape of our defence and midfield.
Then we’ve played them all bar Utd and Arsenal, I’d say we’ve come through pretty well. Unbeaten even.

We had to be near perfect in order to win the league last time.
Man C has proven time and time again in the league that they can handle the 2nd half of the season.
I'm really hoping they're at least 4 points behind us by New Year's.
You know the old investment motto? History is no predictor of the future.
This isn't the same City. They are missing Gundagun (sp) and de Bruyne isn't the same player he was despite the odd moment of brilliance. He's older than Thiago and it's starting to show in injuries and stamina.
They haven't replaced their midfield or defence to the previous level either. Their lack of depth is starting to show. Still very good but not where they were.

We have no chance of winning the league unless either endo comes good and plays regularly, or we buy a DM in january. We currently give away too many big chances per game. No team wins the league giving away all the chances that we do.
Yes. Arsenal look in a much better place. On the plus side this is Klopp's Liverpool v2 and still a work in progress. If we can hang in there whilst improving / settling in then we could be much better by the time it comes to the run in.

We haven’t played a top side at home yet - and we’ve only lost the Spurs game - which we shouldn’t have.

I think you're right, but the good thing is that we're back to having it all in our own hands. Just keep winning games. That's what I loved about the season we won it. We just did the business round after round until somewhere around March when we totally lost it against Watford I believe. By then, it was basically over.
Agree but essentially impossible to repeat that. We could maybe have a crack next year but the talk of it being in our own hands is silly. Basically it still in the hands of the top 8 teams if they kept winning as there are so many games left. Most team will drop a fair number of points. Although I feel City have probably already dropped more than I expected at this stage and that won’t continue post Xmas.

It’s pretty rare a side after 1 “loss” in 14 games have no chance at winning the league but I somewhat agree we need to stop giving up chances. For me given we concede a lot of attacks down our right side, a RB is equally important.

Klopp has a very impressive record in in the 2nd half of seasons, he pulled us through obscurity in 20/21 and last season we were very close to finishing 4th after looking like an 8th place team. Never doubt this man.
Unless something goes horribly wrong though we will most likely go deep in Europe which will fuck up our league performances.

I don't think they are. Their away form is rather inconsistent (for a title challenger). Shared those tweets more cos of their involvement of Arsenal and Man City.

It was crazy how toothless they were at Anfield. Probably our easiest PL game of the season.

The last team everyone wrote off for a title challenge was also from the Midlands (east) Leicester.

They appear to have all the tools to keep it close. They've bought well.

The last team everyone wrote off for a title challenge was also from the Midlands (east) Leicester.

They appear to have all the tools to keep it close. They've bought well.
European football will be Villas undoing but superb turn around since Stevie G.

City only picking up 3 points from their last 12 on offer must the worst return they’ve had over a 4 game stretch in years.
Granted people are losing the run of themselves a bit. They were 3 arguably 4 of the toughest games on paper back to back in the league. Still firm favourites.

I'm getting a bit of a Leicester 2016 feel about them. All the top teams not at their best, dropping points where they shouldn't, and they go quietly about their business.

We play Arsenal twice in our next six league games. 4 or 6 points there and we are in a supreme position.

Back
Top Bottom