• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Title Race

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Too early to discuss?

Madness to think if Villa had beaten Bournemouth which we all expected Man City would be 4th after 14 games.

They have been extremely below their best so far but we all know the kind of run post Xmas they can go on.

Arsenal have kinda just snuck up on top spot after Spurs early form stole the spotlight.

They themselves finding themselves going from first to 2 pts off 4th is bananas in itself.
It’s so extremely tight at the top.

I still struggle to see a way we stay in the hunt with injuries and depth issues galore.

How do others see it? Is it City on their own or do we dare put ourselves and/or Arsenal in the conversation?

Villa cannot maintain and Spurs have too many injuries even if they don’t have European footy to contend with. Top 4 is their target.

Not too early at all we’re over a 1/3 of the way now.

Always saw it as a 3 horse race since before the season started and that hasn’t changed, always maintained we have as good a shot as City provided we keep our injuries to a minimal….this looks like it’ll now be out to the test.

Winter window is another factor, if we can sign a player or 2 to boost the squad then we should do so.

High 80s low 90s should be enough but it’ll be very tight until the latter end of the season.

We need Nunez and Mo to both stay fit otherwise it’s curtains.

We have the best attack in the league right now (statistically), Arsenal the best defence and City the best balance between the two.

It still feels like we are in a transition period though and so I'm unsure if we can maintain the results.

The team's better than the one that lost to Madrid in the CL Final (the first time), but Klopp's still has plenty of tweaks to make

The amount of chances Salah creates, Nunez should be on double digits and Salah on double digits of assists,
Anyway, as I said to @StevieM, if we go to 4-4-2 we have more protection for the back 4 also Irish Kev will also feel more protected.

Keep winning games and we'll have a 4 point gap between us and the rest by the end of December.

Arsenal have the most solid defence by far. If their Saliba / Gabriel / Rice pairing lasts the entire season than they will be the team to beat.

Reactions: dee
I popped on to Blue Moon after the Spurs game expecting to see the usual howling at the wind PGMOL/Dippers conspiracy stuff but was rather taken aback by the general consensus that they'd brought it on themselves, that there summer transfers had been mainly duds (Nunes, Kovacic and too a certain extent Guardiol) and they missed Stones and KDB.

Sobering stuff

Until it is mathematically impossible for Oil Money 'FC' to win the league, THEY are the team to beat.
We had to be near perfect in order to win the league last time.
Man C has proven time and time again in the league that they can handle the 2nd half of the season.
I'm really hoping they're at least 4 points behind us by New Year's.

We had to be near perfect in order to win the league last time.
Man C has proven time and time again in the league that they can handle the 2nd half of the season.
I'm really hoping they're at least 4 points behind us by New Year's.
We were near perfect, but we didn't have to be. We only had to get 82 points to win it ... we got 99

We were near perfect, but we didn't have to be. We only had to get 82 points to win it ... we got 99

... and we weren't terribly good after the restart in May/June if I remember right

Not too early at all we’re over a 1/3 of the way now.

Always saw it as a 3 horse race since before the season started and that hasn’t changed, always maintained we have as good a shot as City provided we keep our injuries to a minimal….this looks like it’ll now be out to the test.

Winter window is another factor, if we can sign a player or 2 to boost the squad then we should do so.

High 80s low 90s should be enough but it’ll be very tight until the latter end of the season.

We need Nunez and Mo to both stay fit otherwise it’s curtains.
I never expected us to remotely challenge this season so our start combined with City’s faltering start to their defence compared with other seasons has given a slither of hope. Still think City will romp home after Xmas when injuries crush others. Getting knocked out of the FA Cup by Arsenal would help our league chances slightly. Arsenal im also surprised by. Thought they’d struggle to repeat their form from last season.

We have the best attack in the league right now (statistically), Arsenal the best defence and City the best balance between the two.

It still feels like we are in a transition period though and so I'm unsure if we can maintain the results.

The team's better than the one that lost to Madrid in the CL Final (the first time), but Klopp's still has plenty of tweaks to make
Really? Salah doesn’t get injured we win that final.
In any case I agree that I don’t see us keeping up the results with the injuries we have. Our luck will run out. Wouldn’t surprise me at all to lose Weds night even though it’ll cause kneejerks galore for others. I always felt next season would be our chance.

I popped on to Blue Moon after the Spurs game expecting to see the usual howling at the wind PGMOL/Dippers conspiracy stuff but was rather taken aback by the general consensus that they'd brought it on themselves, that there summer transfers had been mainly duds (Nunes, Kovacic and too a certain extent Guardiol) and they missed Stones and KDB.

Sobering stuff
Has Guardiol been a dud?

In season 19/20, match week 19:
LIV 18 games, 52 points ( only dropped 2)
LEI 19, 39
MCI 19, 38

We were 14 points ahead of Man C with one game in hand.
Hence why I say that we needed to be perfect to win the league.

In season 19/20, match week 19:
LIV 18 games, 52 points ( only dropped 2)
LEI 19, 39
MCI 19, 38

We were 14 points ahead of Man C with one game in hand.
Hence why I say that we needed to be perfect to win the league.
Bananas really.
Arsenal had 50 points last season and still lost the league with games to spare. City are amazing after the half way point.

It's not over until the trophies being lifted. I'd rather not have another last game of the season debacle

The horse has bolted. Arsenal fans be raging like we used to. If this was last season they’d be miles ahead.
I think you're right, but the good thing is that we're back to having it all in our own hands. Just keep winning games. That's what I loved about the season we won it. We just did the business round after round until somewhere around March when we totally lost it against Watford I believe. By then, it was basically over.

Back
Top Bottom