• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Top 4 Rivals : Transfers and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conte clearly follows a plan for a short-term rebuild – they've beefed up the midfield with Bentancour and Bissouma, looks like Eriksen will be the creative midfielder and now the biggest issue will be fixing the leaky defense. If he gets the players he wants, Spurs will be significantly stronger next season.

Spurs will overtake Chelsea for 3rd next season I reckon. But the short time fix Conte is after now probably wont serve Spurs well going forward when he decides to fuck off.

Chelsea will regress, Arsenal pretty much the same and who knows about Utd at this stage.

Lol I don't think he had a low release clause because Dortmund "didn't realise how good he'd become".

It was because the greedy, conniving bastards in charge of his affairs have planned out every stage of his career to squeeze out every drop of money for themselves, and a low transfer fee just leaves more in the pot for them.

Why do we think Chelsea will regress? I mean, they weren't really pulling up trees anyway

Anyone else think Ten Haag is showing his lack of nouse by only going for his old players? Reminds me of Rodgers.

Chelsea are losing Rudiger, Christensen and potentially Marcos Alonso and Azpilicueta.
Kante could move.
New ownership.
Seemed to lose a bit of their identity at the end of the season.

Havent seen anything yet to prove otherwise than that Chelsea will regress next season.

Anyone else think Ten Haag is showing his lack of nouse by only going for his old players? Reminds me of Rodgers.

It's not necessarily lack of nouse. Ten Haag is going to have to dramatically change the way they play, and a way of helping that is to bring in players who will already know how to train and play the way the manager wants everyone else to do so. Plus there's a difference between Man Utd trying to sign Frenkie De Jong/Jurrien Timber and us signing Joe Allen and Fabio Borini.

Chelsea are losing Rudiger, Christensen and potentially Marcos Alonso and Azpilicueta.
Kante could move.
New ownership.

Havent seen anything yet to prove otherwise than that Chelsea will regress next season.

Connor Gallagher is pretty ace tbf. They get him for nothing.

Haven't the new owners promised lots of cash this first summer? If they manage to sign a really good centre half they should be ok.

But yeah I doubt they'll be challenging us or City.

Kante could move.
New ownership.

Lukaku also desperately wants out and they may have to loan him, so no imminent money for a replacement, or risk the atmosphere between him and Tuchel getting even worse.

I agree. Tuchel has done a great job to date, but now some of their experienced pros want out, and their attacking options have never fitted together into any coherent plan or structure. It's going to be a huge year it adjustment on and off the pitch.

That may be re Haaland, but he'll score goals for fun at City. Hattrick incoming in the first game against Bournemouth.

their attacking options have never fitted together into any coherent plan or structure. It's going to be a huge year it adjustment on and off the pitch.

I think that is right, yes.

Reports seem to be that the new owners are trying to take a different approach to transfers, rather than the previous way of just throwing money around and if it doesn’t work out, just throw even more around.

All well and good for them, of course, but presumably they need to have people there who can do that properly.

City always score shit loads of goals. Buying the spoon faced dog shagging twat doesn’t address the issues they have at the back.

No, it doesnt. But Haaland will score goals and loads of them. He missed 16 games this season and I think he might miss the same amount next season given the intensity of the PL. Injuries can be his downfall.

Lukaku also desperately wants out and they may have to loan him, so no imminent money for a replacement, or risk the atmosphere between him and Tuchel getting even worse.

I agree. Tuchel has done a great job to date, but now some of their experienced pros want out, and their attacking options have never fitted together into any coherent plan or structure. It's going to be a huge year it adjustment on and off the pitch.

Do they need a Lukaku replacement though? Havertz looks pretty great imo just playing up top.

Chelsea have loads of good young players if you ask me. But then they are definitely a bit young overall. In 2 or 3 years they could be a frightening prospect, particularly if they buy well now.

No, it doesnt. But Haaland will score goals and loads of them. He missed 16 games this season and I think he might miss the same amount next season given the intensity of the PL. Injuries can be his downfall.
I hope Robbo clatters him fairly and caused the cunt to rupture something. The fume would be tremendous.

Lol I don't think he had a low release clause because Dortmund "didn't realise how good he'd become".

It was because the greedy, conniving bastards in charge of his affairs have planned out every stage of his career to squeeze out every drop of money for themselves, and a low transfer fee just leaves more in the pot for them.
And Dortmund wouldn't have been wise to that? It was either a great bit of work by his manager or Dortmund under-valued him. I think it was the later - look where he was coming from, he clearly exceeded all expectations.

Do they need a Lukaku replacement though? Havertz looks pretty great imo just playing up top.

Chelsea have loads of good young players if you ask me. But then they are definitely a bit young overall. In 2 or 3 years they could be a frightening prospect, particularly if they buy well now.

Not a direct one, I agree Havertz looks best suited to them in a false 9 role, but having an £80M asset out on loan is never ideal. I'm sure they'd prefer cash in the bank to fund a mini rebuild/replacements elsewhere.

Havertz doesnt look like an out and out goalscorer either. And Werner is, well, Werner.

And Dortmund wouldn't have been wise to that? It was either a great bit of work by his manager or Dortmund under-valued him. I think it was the later - look where he was coming from, he clearly exceeded all expectations.

No it was just part of the deal. We'll let you have this great young player cheap for a couple of years and in return you let him go when he's all nice and fat and ready for market so we can make a killing.

Not a direct one, I agree Havertz looks best suited to them in a false 9 role, but having an £80M asset out on loan is never ideal. I'm sure they'd prefer cash in the bank to fund a mini rebuild/replacements elsewhere.

Of course they'd defo be better off if they could just flog him and get their money back, but it's still not a disaster in an absolute sense. They seem to have enough good players and money/saleable assets that they should still be fine - as long as they buy fairly well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom