• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Top 4 Rivals : Transfers and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benfica literally paid €10M for him 6 month ago, now they are getting €120M albeit in installments. Might go down as the greatest bit of football business ever done.
Possibly. In terms of how quickly you turn profit over then yes....there won't be too much better than that.

I think they did similar with Felix, maybe he was there a little longer...crazy how they keep doing this & with Felix they didn't pay a penny as he came through their ranks.

Chelsea are pissing money away. It'd be more hilarious in other circumstances, but this isn't how you build any long term success.

Obviously they can't repeat this next summer, but they now have a young, killer, squad for the next seven years, a seriously good academy and the money to hire good a football development and management team.

I'm the meantime we are headed towards 2 to 3 seasons without UCL. I'd say their long term prospects are slightly rosier than ours.

Obviously they can't repeat this next summer, but they now have a young, killer, squad for the next seven years, a seriously good academy and the money to hire good a football development and management team.

I'm the meantime we are headed towards 2 to 3 seasons without UCL. I'd say their long term prospects are slightly rosier than ours.

They could have done the same for much less money. Money isn't infinite, even for idiots.

Yeah, we've been linked with several good players. Sabitzer is the only one I've seen that has been a realistic loan option though.

Have to say. After seeing the clubs around us strengthen and us continue to struggle I'm starting to think we could finish outside the top 10.

Maybe not as bad as outside of top 10 but imo, the wait for the next title should be a pretty long one (as long as the current Man Utd one) if things remain the same.

Maybe not as bad as outside of top 10 but imo, the wait for the next title should be a pretty long one (as long as the current Man Utd one) if things remain the same.

I’d actually take that - a title win in 10 years or so.

I always assumed that when this current era of actually being good ended that that would be it for us.

Maybe things will be different if we get bought by people who are serious about winning.

I’d actually take that - a title win in 10 years or so.

I always assumed that when this current era of actually being good ended that that would be it for us.

Maybe things will be different if we get bought by people who are serious about winning.

I agree. Given the footballing environment, wasn't expecting any form of domination. However, I was hoping for at least another cycle of challenging for honours. :( We kinda threw away the opportunity of building upon success too easily.

The sentence in bold cannot be more true.

That's what playing well in a World Cup winning team will do for your profile / transfer fee / bank account.

To be fair, he was great when at River Plate and adapted seamlessly when he moved to Europe (kinda sad looking a back at the first post sharing about him back in Sep on the Interesting Young Players thread).

If he was from the Brazilian league and/or is an attacking player, he would have fetched them a fee closer to what Real Madrid paid for the likes of Vinicius or Rodrygo, when he moved to Benfica.

We are going to see crazier release clause figures in the future. :geek:

That's a hefty pay out if things don't work out after two years or so. But I guess he will have resell value and suiters to fix that.

Offloading the likes of Hudson-Odoi, Broja, Gallagher could probably fetch 50% of the fee though. The success of their academy is a huge plus (Maatsen, for example is impressing with Burnley).

Last edited:
Offloading the likes of Hudson-Odoi, Broja, Gallagher could probably fetch 50% of the fee though. The success of their academy is a huge plus (Maatsen, for example is impressing with Burnley).

I'd take CHO and Gallagher.
With Klopp, they'd be great imo.

CH-O could easily be a model for several of the expensively assembled squad Chelsea have now. High wage long term contract and no takers

Yup - his career has tanked.
I think Klopp can rehabilitate him though but I know I'm in a small minority.
I'm quite unsure where his best position is too :oops: - the way he was utilized to plug holes instead of being played to his strength definitely caused an impact.

Fuck me, is that really him in the Leverkusen shirt?

Looks about 10 years older to when I last saw him.....which I'm sure was less than a year ago.

Might just be the haircut and the shoddy tattoo's.

We have too many projects on the go as it stands.

Hudson-Odoi doesn't have a high enough upside for us to take him on in our current state.

CH-O could easily be a model for several of the expensively assembled squad Chelsea have now. High wage long term contract and no takers

You would think they will likely have more misses than hits with their strategy

Not sure if he cares that much TBH. Don't think he has for awhile now as long as the money continues to roll in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom