• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Top 5 all-time posters

Jesus, the amount of fucking slobber on dicks is getting ridiculous in here

Nicely written words fella. Never really had a chance to chat to you but I always like what you post for what it's worth. :)

Cheers mate. I started writing a long list of other people I wanted to mention but gave up as I knew I'd forget loads of them. You would have made the list for sure.

Del I miss your old Koptalk avatar. I tried to find it but couldnt.

Shite. Forgot Andy. Oh well... Julian's gonna ride back up to heaven on a cloud any day now, so Andy can slide into his spot! :)

I'm going to bite the bullet and join the love in. This one is hard as I spend much less time on the site these days, so might be a bit retrospective in my choices. Having said that, I really enjoy coming here when I get the chance. Since Spaghetti Legs left, there's hardly anyone remaining who makes me cringe.

Anyway, my top 5:

Brendan: Say what you like about him, but he generated as much debate as anyone in his time here, be it through strong opinions or cutting criticism. A controversial figure he may be, but he got people involved and provided plenty of humour along the way. And if I could remember the best put-downs in SCM history, Brendan's would probably take up around half of the top 10.

Ryan: Knowing Ryan, he will no doubt expect to be included in many people's top 5. A founding member of the site and a consistent presence since it began, he's just as central a figure now as he ever was. Never mind the fact that he's consistently (and for his detractors, irritatingly) right about things, it's his willingness to take the time to explain himself that sticks out for me. Some posters offer opinions without any kind of justification (myself included these days), but Ryan rarely says anything he isn't prepared to support with sound reasoning. He constantly generates debate and that's really what you look for on a forum like this. I've been agreeing with him since the days of Koptalk.

keniget: Alongside Ryan, keniget is the poster I agree with most often on football matters. He is a football man through and through. If there is a player I haven't seen that keniget has, I'm generally quite happy to accept his assessment of them. An ever-present on the site, he's one of the first posters I look out for in the Football forum.

singlerider: I'm moving to GC with this one. SCM's most notorious lefty, I've been enjoying single's eloquent contributions to GC for years, particularly on political matters. Similar to Ryan, he never says anything he isn't prepared to elaborate upon. What's more, his sensitivity provides a refreshing change from all the testosterone around here. I've never met single (sadly), but I know him to be a genuinely nice guy, and I'd wager that as much as anyone, he's exactly the same in person as he is on here.

gene hughes: Gene has delivered the most laugh out loud moments of anyone on here bar none. And all without making a single enemy. He should have his own chat show. He's not just funny, though. He possesses rare wisdom and delivers everything with dignity and poise. Proper forum royalty.

Honourable mentions:
ILD: If this was a "Nice guy" competition, ILD would win it for me. He's gone out of his way to help me and other members of the site on numerous occasions and the grace he showed in dealing with the Paddy situation was quite staggering. If I was him I would have been baying for blood, but not Dave. He's been a fabulous contributor to the site pretty much since day one.
Vlad's Quiff: It was difficult to leave Vlad out of the list given his contributions over the years. Sadly, we don't see as much of him these days but he's a bona fide forum heavyweight and someone who has left a lasting impression on many of us here. Indeed, "quiffing" will no doubt remain a part of the forum vernacular for years to come, and rightly so.
Mamma Mia: One of the posters I think I'd get on best with if I actually met him. A proper foodie, and someone I have enormous respect for.
FFF: Technical wizard with a heart of gold, and an all-round forum legend.

I could go on, to be honest. There are plenty on here who I feel like I've grown up with. Thanks for the mentions from other people I respect, particularly given my fleeting appearances on here these days. I wish I could contribute as much as I used to, but this will always be my first port of call for all things Liverpool.

LL

Spag legs called gene out in a thread.

I enjoyed everyone else just stopping and going, "hang the fuck on here lad"

Shite. Forgot Andy. Oh well... Julian's gonna ride back up to heaven on a cloud any day now, so Andy can slide into his spot! :)

Sorry but I'm just not that way inclined. ;)

BTW I'm not planning to ride up to Heaven (assuming I manage to go in that direction) any time soon. :)

I didn't mean that you were old, old man... I just meant that you were more Godly than the rest of us. Probably combined. :)

Hope all is well, my friend.

Sorry fabs. I love you and all but your far too involved in the cock sucking fest in here. Its for your own good pal.

I
Red Astaire you only joined in 2011?? Wtf? Obviously you changed username?

Yeah I was 'Cleveland Steamer' for a year before 2011. My memory is shite Dave but I joined straight from KT (A brief flirtation with EST aside) I was 'Bongo' on KT I think. I was in Uni then and so I'm sure you'll understand that period is a memory mush! Happy to be Red Astaire now though or Lewy to my drinkies mates. ;)

Once tried never forgotten... Better than an 'Alabama Hotpocket' I assure you....

Back
Top Bottom