• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Top Slot secured

MomoWASright

If you take me seriously then you’re an idiot
Feyenoord coach Arne Slot has confirmed he will replace Jurgen Klopp as Liverpool manager next season.

Klopp has been in charge of the Reds since October 2015 but is leaving at the end of the season after a reign that has seen him win the Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup and two EFL Cups.

After Klopp's announcement in January several managers were considered leading contenders, but in April BBC Sport learned that Slot was set to get the job after a compensation deal worth up to £9.4m was agreed with Feyenoord.

"I can confirm that I will become the trainer there next year," Slot said on Friday.

Confirming the news before the club huh? Bold move Arne, Bold fucking move.

Starting to like the cunt already.

do you think FSG will be worried already ?
Fuck FSG.

If it wasn't for them announcing the ticket increase in the middle of our title run, the supporters' fuckwit trust wouldn't have abandoned the team and we'd be sat here in 2 cup finals and 1 win away from winning the title.

Not sure how much significance to attach to Slot describing himself as "trainer" TBH, given that English isn't his first language.

Don't know enough about him yet to have any real idea of what to expect. Give him a chance, I guess. I hope they consulted Deadly Dirk BTW.

Not sure how much significance to attach to Slot describing himself as "trainer" TBH, given that English isn't his first language.

Don't know enough about him yet to have any real idea of what to expect. Give him a chance, I guess. I hope they consulted Deadly Dirk BTW.
Top post Jidge, I will set the low bar....Slot Out !!!

I'm feeling optimistic about SCHLOOOOT. Re-appointing ME and Co. Getting a manager who can build on Kloppo's foundations. All seems smart on it's face. Much smarter than appointing a great name, who is stylistically wrong, and will need a long rebuild.

We will see.

What Virgil's had to say about Slot so far strikes me as a prime example of "damning with faint praise". I don't know if it'll have any immediate effect on his wish to stay or otherwise, but I get the impression he's underwhelmed by the appointment. Hope we're not about to get our own version of Dutch footy's habitual family squabbles.

Last edited:
What Virgil's had to say about Slot so far strikes me as a prime example of "damning with faint praise". I don't know if it'll have any immediate effect on his wish to stay or otherwise, but I get the impression he's underwhelmed by the appointment. Hope we're not about to get our own version of Dutch footy's habitual family squabbles.
With regard to staying - hasn't he actually said he's got 5 years left and wants to be part of the next Liverpool?

I've not been a fan of how this guys acted since the rumours came out. He seems a bit egotistical and attention hungry to me, when really he should just keep quiet until the seasons over and the clubs have confirmed things. Confirming he's joining the club the weekend of Klopps last game is a bit like proposing at your mates wedding.

He seems like an awkward fit for our clubs culture, I'm not a fan thus far, but at least he looks like Hank from Breaking Bad I guess.

People are making way to much out of the confirmation yesteday about taking over. Its the worst kept sectet around and I doubt Klopp or the players could care less.

Just give him a chance.

Old Slotty’s going to be pussed when we change our mind and appoint David Wagner now he’s free.

We obviously been waiting on this moment before locking in our actual top target.

He’ll be announced at the end of the games tomorrow, with our theme tune “Ride of the Valkyries” blasting out!!!

@Judge Jules - see what I did there.. eh eh!!!!

Like all Liverpool managers I’ll back him til he either shows he’s not up to it or says enough things that tells me he’s not.

I really hope he doesn’t let us down but I’m not holding my breadth 🙁

I don't know anything about him really but I do know that when we choose managers we get it right a whole lot more than we get it wrong.

Old Slotty’s going to be pussed when we change our mind and appoint David Wagner now he’s free.

We obviously been waiting on this moment before locking in our actual top target.

He’ll be announced at the end of the games tomorrow, with our theme tune “Ride of the Valkyries” blasting out!!!

@Judge Jules - see what I did there.. eh eh!!!!
Is this secret top red stuff you have revealed ? I can see the talks by him at half time...."If my friend Jurgy was here he would tell you all to run more, press more, fight with all you have....but he is not here so you guys can relax out there and wait for the right moment"

Welcome to Liverpool Arne, make sure the team plays beautiful football and wins all the time; as well as being funny as fuck when interviewed. Anything less and I'll be on a forum right away saying 'I told you he was shit'.

Got it?

Back
Top Bottom