• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Tottenham Hotcunts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allen has played two good games in a row and looks like he is about to regain his form and performance level.
If he starts, he'll do a very good job. But, He'll be swapped with Sturridge imho, from the team that beat Wigan.

Rightly so, IMO. I can't see Allen shining when he's got Dembele and Parker chasing him down. Lucas, Gerrard and Henderson would be better equipped.

Allen has played two good games in a row and looks like he is about to regain his form and performance level.
If he starts, he'll do a very good job. But, He'll be swapped with Sturridge imho, from the team that beat Wigan.

Harsh on Allen I know, but that's the team that should start. Allen can come on after 60 minutes.

Harsh on Allen I know, but that's the team that should start. Allen can come on after 60 minutes.

Agreed. Gerrard will have to be very selective in driving forward though. If not, we'll be very exposed.

Bale needs man marking. If you let Lucas near him they're going to get him sent off so Gerrard should track him.

I'd definitely start downing over coutinho as I think it will provide better balance to the team. But from the way rodgers is talking coutinho is gonna start. I guess with downing coming on after 70 mins for coutinho.

Bale more plays through the middle now so I don't see why gerrard can't track him. I can see the score being 3-2 tomorrow but just don't know to who.

Downing should start, he'll protect Johnson better against Bale.

I didn't think that Bale played left wing anymore? I thought they'd given him that floating role off the striker? If that is the case, if really needs to be lucas/hendo/gerrard picking him up before he gets a chance to run at our ropey cb's.

I'd play Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho :D

Henderson on Bale like a fly on shit! He is one of the fittest in the squad and some of his performances in December - January showed signs that he could pro e to be a future midfield enforcer, harassing, niggling and full on sliding tackles

---------------------Sturridge-------------------------
---Coutinho----------Suarez----------Downing---
------ ------Gerrard---------Henderson--------
------------------------Lucas-----------------------
-----Enrique-----------------------------Johnson--
----------------Agger----------Carragher----------
------------------------Reina------------------------

that's 12 players mate! drop downing and you have a team.

Apparently this is the starting 11:

Pepe

Johnson
Carragher
Agger
Enrique

Downing
Lucas
Gerrard
Coutinho

Suarez
Sturridge

Very attacking line up, i do really worry about Bale causing havoc and Carra taking him out and getting himself sent off - hopefully not.

-------------------Reina

Johnson Carragher Agger Enrique

Downing Lucas Gerrard Coutinho

-------------Suarez Sturridge

v

-------------------Adebayor
----------------------Bale
Sigurdsson Parker Dembele Lennon

Ekotto Vertonghen Dawson Walker

----------------------LLoris

I dont think we're a million miles apart, I'll be gutted if we have one of those days when it doesnt come together.

4-3-3-1 system, very innovative.

Too bad the ref won't allow it.

Pepe

Johnson
Carragher
Agger
Enrique

Downing
Lucas
Gerrard
Coutinho

Suarez
Sturridge

Very attacking line up, i do really worry about Bale causing havoc and Carra taking him out and getting himself sent off - hopefully not.

Good. This is precisely the lineup I wanted. 4-2-3-1. We'll destroy them.

----------------------------------------Pepe-------------------------------------------
Johnson-----------Carragher-----------------Agger--------------------Enrique
--------------------------Lucas-----------------Gerrard-----------------------------
--------Downing-------------------Suarez------------------------Coutinho-------
-------------------------------------Sturridge------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------Pepe-------------------------------------------
--------------------------Lucas-----------------Gerrard-----------------------------
-------------------------------------Sturridge------------------------------------------
I hope not. Think that team will get hit on the counter pretty badly. I'm hoping one of coutinho or downing is benched and Henderson is in.

I think that's our strongest team and best formation at the moment. In the future, if we stick with this formation, I could see Henderson replacing or competing with Downing for the RM position. He didn't look so good at RM when Kenny was in charge, but he's come in leaps and bounds since then and we are playing a different style altogether now.

I could see Hendo replacing one of the wingers in this game too, if we need to add more ball-winning ability and energy on one of the wings. He might be more comfortable playing in the middle, of course, but I'd rather keep Suarez in the middle and stick Hendo to the wing than the other way around.

Having Suarez in that position hurts Spurs midfield aswell.
Parker has to follow him, and Dembele could be left a bit isolated.

Stayed off the beer tonight and stayed in because I've to get up at 8am to watch the game. I want my three points to make up for my lack of Saturday night pints.
Play Sturridge and let him along with Suarez give them hell. Bale is going to be dangerous so i'm hoping he get's done for diving early on or has an off day. Sick of him ripping it up and his heart celebration. He has to have a quiet game soon. Why not today.

Dembele is a real threat as he's excellent at carrying the ball into dangerous positions from deep. Lucas has looked flat footed since his return from injury and I can see Dembele and Bale gliding past him at times. Thankfully Enrique and Johnson are pacy as Walker, Lenon and Bale will be bombing forward time and time again. I used to really like Parker but i've grown to dislike him. Brave little Scotty Parker. Running around and making tackles, putting his head in where it hurts. Fuck him, I hope Gerrard plants him on his arse in the first five minutes. Also watch out for the Suarez and Parker feud that has been going on with a while now.

I think there will be over three goals. Verthongen for them, Suarez and Gerrard pen for us. A few dodgy handballs and a red card.

^^^^ Just making shit up now to be honest.

I think that's our strongest team and best formation at the moment. In the future, if we stick with this formation, I could see Henderson replacing or competing with Downing for the RM position. He didn't look so good at RM when Kenny was in charge, but he's come in leaps and bounds since then and we are playing a different style altogether now.

I could see Hendo replacing one of the wingers in this game too, if we need to add more ball-winning ability and energy on one of the wings. He might be more comfortable playing in the middle, of course, but I'd rather keep Suarez in the middle and stick Hendo to the wing than the other way around.
Strongest team if we were playing a team that parked the bus or who were lightweight in midfield maybe. But too lightweight two start against spurs. Definitely hendo for one of the wingers.

Strongest team if we were playing a team that parked the bus or who were lightweight in midfield maybe. But too lightweight two start against spurs. Definitely hendo for one of the wingers.

You might be right. Coutinho has never started against a team of Spurs' quality before (in England). Nobody, not even Rodgers, knows exactly what will happen. But I just think 4-2-3-1 generally gives us better balance than 4-3-3 at this point so I was glad to see this lineup, if it's correct. Like I said, I could see Hendo coming on for one of the wingers (most likely Coutinho) later in the game and playing in his position.

I do worry about giving Bale free-kick opportunities. That might very well be the difference between a win and a loss: can Lucas, Gerrard and the CBs consistently stop the runs of Spurs players, especially Bale, through the middle without giving away fouls in dangerous areas? They all need to be on top form tonight; be aggressive and smart at the same time.

If I remember correctly Bale was diving all over the place at Anfield last season.
Lets hope Oliver has a good game aswell.

I like that team.
It's about as strong as it gets.

I agree, we've been winning games well recently, and the only game we lost was due to a lack of cutting edge, why go running scared? Be bold and play your best team for winning games. If nothing else it'll make for an amazing game from the neutral perspective.

If I remember correctly Bale was diving all over the place at Anfield last season.
Lets hope Oliver has a good game aswell.

And he was rightly getting nothing for it and sulked like a baby because he couldn't take someone out muscling him. It was the way he sulked that game that really made me dislike him.

Pepe

Johnson
Carragher
Agger
Enrique

Downing
Lucas
Gerrard
Coutinho

Suarez
Sturridge

Our midfield is gonna get over run if that's the lineup :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom