• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been excellent barring a bit more precision around their box. Couldn't be further from the first half performance at Wembley last year.

Weird disjointed first half, we looked good in spells and really lethargic at times too. Spurs are compressing play in the centre and rushing our midfield into mistakes.

The front 3 are just not clicking like last season, Mane is over doing everything, Salah is under doing everything. At the back VVD and Gomez have dealt with everything well, VVD is an absolute rolls royce of a player.

Such a frustrating half.

The game was / is there for the taking. Both sides have been poor but there have been a fair few situations that we could've and should've made more of.

We need to go in frustrated rather than happy it's 1-0 and come back out ready to fight. Spurs will be better in the second half.

Salah is doing a very good impression of a one season wonder. He needs to step it. He has missed some easy chances

For everyone slagging off the midfield, give spurs a bit of credit.

They're no slouches & they're managing to press our entire midfield every time they get near the ball consistently.

I'm not happy with our cm, but then I haven't been since alonso & mascher left us, under klopp this could be the best cm since then, but not until they're all settled in. It's the fifth league game of the season FFS.

What do you guys think of our midfield at the moment. Keita has been solid but hasn't been able to have a game changing effect. Something to work on as the season progresses rather than anything to worry about.

It’s been poor today

It's more cos Hendo & Milner together doesn't work against a lot of sides, so play the better of the two (form wise) then replace the other one.

I doubt klopp thinks Keita is already a better player than Hendo, it just balances the midfield better, on paper at least.

Not that I disagree but as a unit our CM hasn’t looked very good at controlling the game in any game bar West Ham who are gash.

Definitely work to be done

I agree with Mystic.
But as discussed in the last match thread id drop him anyway. Hes playing shit and being greedy. He needs taking down a peg or two.
Y'all need to just sit back & let it happen.

It'll come. No side has played well this season. Not one. City battered Huddersfield yet looked like we did battering West Ham instead of a truly formidable side.

That's not a coincidence, all sides will take a while to get to going whilst still doing pre season drills thanks to the WC.

It'll all click & we'll start to scare the shit out of sides again.

For everyone slagging off the midfield, give spurs a bit of credit.

They're no slouches & they're managing to press our entire midfield every time they get near the ball consistently.

I'm not happy with our cm, but then I haven't been since alonso & mascher left us, under klopp this could be the best cm since then, but not until they're all settled in. It's the fifth league game of the season FFS.

True, and its very difficult for any team to maintain that tempo of pressing for 90 mins, Spurs will drop off at some point and space will open up for Keita and Gini

I think it would be unwise to substitute Salah because that would signify that there is a problem with him, and the press would make a big issue of it. Better to leave hi to play himself into form in my opinion.

I don't think our midfield has been poor. They have provided good cover defensively. It is just when going forward that we couldn't quite find the right passes to keep the ball consistently. We do threaten when we break, and I would think that's part of the plan.

Not that I disagree but as a unit our CM hasn’t looked very good at controlling the game in any game bar West Ham who are gash.

Definitely work to be done

We're controlling every facet of this game. I don't know what game anybody who says different is watching.

Spurs are a good side. We've been better thus far and should have scored more. I wouldn't rule out them scoring either though, so our lack of lethality is a tad worrying.

I poo pooed the hype around Salah quite a bit last year. I would prefer to look like an idiot again.

Strange half.

Started so fast, then Spurs got on top but we got the goal, had the more dangerous chances and were a yard or two away from the perfect ball on a load of occasions.

Love or hate them, Spurs are a top class side so to be 1-0 while not playing particularly well is superb.

They aren’t giving us any time and as we have seen when we did it to City, without time and space any semi limited player gets hopelessly exposed.

VVD has been the stand out again for me. I wonder if everyone just takes him for granted or don’t watch him as closely as say Gomez.
He’s been immense again. He makes it look effortless to be in the right position and be a ball magnet.

Didn’t put a foot wrong.

Bobby, Gomez, Robertson were good and Allison Handled everything he had to do well.

Gini the best of the CM. I’d be tempted to bring Hendo in for Milner and Shaq for Salah after 65 mins

Don't like how Milner is playing so far – Spurs' players always thinking one step ahead of him and make him huff and puff without much end product. We need somebody who can bring a bit more control and calm presence in the middle of the park.

I think it would be unwise to substitute Salah because that would signify that there is a problem with him, and the press would make a big issue of it. Better to leave hi to play himself into form in my opinion.
I see your point but there Congress a point when you can't worry too much about the Press especially when you feel you have to make a sensible footballing judgement.

What's missing from his game at the moment looks like fitness to me. Instead of chasing people down he looks like he knows he is off the boil physical wrist and so isn't chasing the lost causes as much as he uses to play season. That's just my option.

Spurs are a good side. We've been better thus far and should have scored more. I wouldn't rule out them scoring either though, so our lack of lethality is a tad worrying.

I poo pooed the hype around Salah quite a bit last year. I would prefer to look like an idiot again.
Quite.

Kane has looked poor so far this season yet no one thinks he's not gonna turn it on & start finding his form again.

Spurs are playing naive, but thats why they are making us look like we're playing both bad and good. They are controlling the game in the midfield, however they are only controlling it there, and only when they pass perfectly. Everytime they lose the ball, everytime we bypass that midfield press, we're straight in, hopefully Klopp points this out at half time and we wise up to it before Potch corrects it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom