• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Deadline Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
ming dropping down the pecking order is purely due to playing with two strikers and have proper wide players. I thought meireles was terrible out wide (under roy) and there is no way in heck was he going to be used as a support striker when we have 4 strikers on the book and gerrard who would be much better at then ming ever would.

only injures would have seen ming move up the pecking but it's gutting ming has left because if there 'were' injuries then he is quality to bring in.

On a side note, I'm looking forward to seeing how Brian Ruiz get's on at Fulham. Jol will know him from his time in Holland. Interesting signing for them.

To me it feels a bit like a game where you are winning 4 0 and then concede two late goals. It takes a bit of the gloss of the win, but fuck it we won and got the three points. Raul is gone for whatever the reasons are. We will probably never know until his biography comes out. He was a good player but one we will manage without.

Despite his ability he was a very poor tackler. I said earlier, and I stick by it, he was a coward when it came to 50/50 tackles. In fact his current injury was caused by that cowardice. I dont hold anything against him for leaving to be honest. Probably because I never actually got to like him enough to miss him. Possibly the lure of more money, CL and a manager that he knew was what turned his head. Im sure he has also had enough time to realise that he wouldnt be in Kenny's first eleven.

I can't help but feel this is the obvious reason why he left for Chelsea

champions-league.jpg

[quote author=Mystic link=topic=46690.msg1392597#msg1392597 date=1314864359]
I can't help but feel this is the obvious reason why he left for Chelsea

champions-league.jpg

[/quote]

He didn't like looking at our CL trophy?

Fair enough.

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=46690.msg1392618#msg1392618 date=1314865476]
You fucking accountants just do not know where to draw the line
[/quote]

We are usually OK when we are on our own, it's just when we start roaming around in packs we can turn nasty.

It may have been Meireles' excessive tattoos that attracted the attention of the accountants and made them attack him.

If someone had listed the ins and outs this transfer window, even with the loss of Raul; I'd have snatched your hand off.

I think we have strengthened the squad, moved on fringe players, reduced the wage bill and got a decent return in transfer fees.

Congratulation to Kenny Dalglish and Damien Commolli. Excellent work, the owners must be very pleased.

Ming and Shelvey are different types of player. I don't think Shelvey will fill Ming's boots this season but I certainly have high hopes for him. I think he'll end up being a first team regular for us. I just think he has that touch of class about him.

[quote author=Delinquent link=topic=46690.msg1392647#msg1392647 date=1314866695]
Ming and Shelvey are different types of player. I don't think Shelvey will fill Ming's boots this season but I certainly have high hopes for him. I think he'll end up being a first team regular for us. I just think he has that touch of class about him.
[/quote]

Agree with this; there is something about this one.

[quote author=Portly link=topic=46690.msg1392610#msg1392610 date=1314865221]
According to Wizardry, a bunch of accountants were beastly to him. ::)
[/quote]

Heh, easy there buddy; my background was training in accountancy.

I wasn't actually attacking accountants as I'm not sure who made the decision - I'm taking aim at the "type" of individual who made the decision; one who was micro focused and couldn't see the big picture that saving 25k per week does not justify losing a player worth 55k per week.

We're going to regret losing Ming and I'd be willing to bet that Adam and Lucas will start finding less movement ahead of them almost immediately. Whether Ming was playing for us or not when he was here his movement was excellent and set an excellent example for team mates.

Until he comes out and says "This is why I left", it's all guess work. The speed at which this came about suggests to me this is more than just Money, you know Bellamy hasn't gone from 95k a week to fuck all so I'm sure if Kenny et al. felt Ming was worth the extra reported 20k/25k a week, then he would have had it.

Liverpool expressed an interest in Fabio Borini before he joined Roma from Parma on transfer deadline day.

The Italian Under-21 international only joined the Tardini outfit in the summer, but he now finds himself on loan in the Italian capital.

“Parma did well to believe in him when his contract at Chelsea ran out,” agent Marco De Marchi noted.

“Then Roma invested heavily on him which confirmed that the player has some extraordinary ability, as you can see from his performances for the Italian Under-21 side.

“The player was liked by a lot of other clubs, sides such as Liverpool and Hamburg came after him too.

[quote author=Fallon link=topic=46690.msg1393056#msg1393056 date=1314894332]
Until he comes out and says "This is why I left", it's all guess work. The speed at which this came about suggests to me this is more than just Money, you know Bellamy hasn't gone from 95k a week to fuck all so I'm sure if Kenny et al. felt Ming was worth the extra reported 20k/25k a week, then he would have had it.
[/quote]

According to one of the rags yesterday, Bellamy took a 50% pay cut to come to us. Make of that what you will.

[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=46690.msg1393416#msg1393416 date=1314968902]
[/quote]

According to one of the rags yesterday, Bellamy took a 50% pay cut to come to us. Make of that what you will.
[/quote]

I reckon most players leaving Man City, will be falling from lofty heights, salary-wise.

[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=46690.msg1393416#msg1393416 date=1314968902]
[/quote]

[/quote]

A few more starving kids in Africa?

[/quote]

[/quote]

He only had 1 year left so, with his City pay-off & our signing-on fee, I doubt he's missed out on much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom