• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Transfer Deadline Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone see Scott Dann being interviewed outside Ewood Park? He looks fuckin gutted to be there.

[quote author=Dee link=topic=46690.msg1392408#msg1392408 date=1314834536]
Have to say my sentiment is close to Molbystwin's.

I thoght we'd had a storming transfer window, the best since this bollocks was introduced, right up until Raul put in a transfer request and we only got 12m.

Raul is worth more to s than £12m and I don't like the thought that Chel$ki can rest Lampard and still be effective.
Not pleased with this one.
[/quote]

Meireles isn't a centre midfielder, Lampard is so that's a bit of a difference.

And anyway, they could easily rest Lampard without Meireles. Have you seen their squad?

TBF to chelsea their midfield isn't too full. Lot of players who work better as wingers rather than midfielders.

DM: Mikel, Romeu
CM: Ramires, Lampard, Mcecheran, Essien (crippled)
Am: Mereiles

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=46690.msg1392413#msg1392413 date=1314834665]

I thoght we'd had a storming transfer window, the best since this bollocks was introduced, right up until Raul put in a transfer request and we only got 12m.

Raul is worth more to s than £12m and I don't like the thought that Chel$ki can rest Lampard and still be effective.
[/quote]

And anyway, they could easily rest Lampard without Meireles. Have you seen their squad?
[/quote]

What meireles is is a good a creative midfielder as Chelsea have needed for a while... fuck the grammar....For years theyve been powerful and quick etc etc both youthful characteristics which have clearly been on the wane for them as they aged and Essien got more and more injured...You could possibly argue that with Henderson and Adam and Downing Meireles was surplus but IMO he strengthened us and whats worse he strengthens them more...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

I am going to bed now or ill lose it...

WAY TO FUCK IT UP LFC... well fucking done.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=46690.msg1392413#msg1392413 date=1314834665]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Chelsea often play with Mikel, Ramirez and Lampard. Meireles could be played in there in front of Mikel and Ramires running off Torres with Mata and Moulada (or whoever at either side).

Modo - Cahill was available for 13M and Spurs couldn't stump up the cash.

13M. Stick that up your vagina.

I think our two biggest rivals for the fourth spot have weaker squads than they did this time last year, Arsenal our main rival considerably so, and we have made huge improvements to ours.
I think I can sleep well tonight

regards

I believe we are the most improved, and whilst that shouldn't win us the league, it bodes well for the future.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=46690.msg1392453#msg1392453 date=1314836339]
Modo - Cahill was available for 13M and Spurs couldn't stump up the cash.

13M. Stick that up your vagina.
[/quote]

Bolton asked for Defoe in return in and apparently that was the stumbling block.

I agree.

My best mate, who's an Arsenal fan is livid. No central midfielder, a pointless signing in Benayoun, no centre-forward, and Wenger's broke his mantra by paying big for an ageing player in Arteta.

I think Stoke have made better use of £10M in buying Crouch, and I don't know why if Arteta was an option for Arsenal, Crouch wasn't?

I don't care what anyone says, but if you start him week in week out in a team (like Stoke will) then he'll get you 15 a season, and he'll create another 15. I can't see Arteta doing that.

Oh FUCK FUCK FUCK !

I went to bed all happy with the world - we had signed Bellamy, a far more useful and effective player in our team than N'Gog and Meireles was staying so we had a superb choice of quality midfielders and having shifted ALL of our considerable amount of deadwood (and the massive saving in salaries) this was one of our best transfer windows ever .... and wake up to find Meireles has gone !

IMO this is a far better move for Chelsea that for us (although no doubt the owners felt, reasonably enough, that we needed to recoup some of the vast amounts of cash we've splashed over the past year) as Meireles will add considerably creative strength to their MF at a time when Lampard is aging and becoming less effective and Chelsea were beginning to look like they were struggling. If he had gone abroad I'd be unhappy but not distraught, but Chelsea !?!?

[quote author=Frogfish link=topic=46690.msg1392503#msg1392503 date=1314842411]
Oh FUCK FUCK FUCK !

I went to bed all happy with the world - we had signed Bellamy, a far more useful and effective player in our team than N'Gog and Meireles was staying so we had a superb choice of quality midfielders and having shifted ALL of our considerable amount of deadwood (and the massive saving in salaries) this was one of our best transfer windows ever .... and wake up to find Meireles has gone !

IMO this is a far better move for Chelsea that for us (although no doubt the owners felt, reasonably enough, that we needed to recoup some of the vast amounts of cash we've splashed over the past year) as Meireles will add considerably creative strength to their MF at a time when Lampard is aging and becoming less effective and Chelsea were beginning to look like they were struggling. If he had gone abroad I'd be unhappy but not distraught, but Chelsea !?!?
[/quote]

Nail on Head. I do find it pretty disturbing that we've sold another player to Chelsea even if Meireles wasn't going to be first choice for us.

I'll feel sick watching him in Blue. Yuck.

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=46690.msg1392275#msg1392275 date=1314830858]
I've seen little to convince me that Shelvey is all that.
[/quote]

Yep, he's good but he's certainly not all that and he absolutely for certain is no Ming.

To be honest, gutted as I am by his departure, I don't hold anything against him. I'm very happy with Kenny and Damien but part of me is happy for Ming being able to stick it to some nose bleed, eye watering accountants who thought they'd tell him to get screwed regarding the promises he'd previously received. He was well and truly worth the extra cash and his performances last year justified it. He's not a world beater but his talents just complemented our team beautifully - the loss to us is greater than his own worth.

To be fair - even though it means agreeing with Modo 😀 - people denigrating him now as not much good truly is just pathetic. It hasn't quite ruined a very good Summer for us but it certainly killed a gread deal of the feel good momentum we'd generated.

Im pretty upset about this meirles thing. We need flair and we go and sell to a flippin rival for pennies.

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=46690.msg1392394#msg1392394 date=1314834195]
He wanted to go molby

*shrugs*

we shouldnt pander to people like that as it undermines the vibe kenny is trying to create. Yes its shite but at least now we have a group of players who want to play for us. He was a player of crackin ideas, but he only showed that when put in ONE position. He wasn't versatile enough to play for us and our new look total football ways.
[/quote]

Fab's, that last line has floored me. He was one of the few players who did fit our new look football.

One position on a piece of paper maybe but his talent was he found space everywhere. Stupid pride on our part as far as I'm concerned and I'm ashamed to admit I expect most fans to swallow the clubs spin hook, line and sinker. He was promised something, fulfilled his part of the deal and some bloody pedantic git who wouldn't have a clue how to run a football club decided there was a way out of that commitment. Result: we screw over one of our best performed players and then - wait for it - sell him to one of our biggest rivals. Bloody stupid!

I do agree that he won't be as important to Chelsea - certainly not as important as he was to us. The principle is the same though and we just shot ourselves in the foot. Many fans probably won't see it but the rest of the footballing world sure as hell does and they're laughing right now. Ask any of your bluenose mates if they felt a little cheery after hearing the news.

[quote author=Wizardry link=topic=46690.msg1392527#msg1392527 date=1314854056]
[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=46690.msg1392275#msg1392275 date=1314830858]
[/quote]

Yep, he's good but he's certainly not all that and he absolutely for certain is no Ming.

To be honest, gutted as I am by his departure, I don't hold anything against him. I'm very happy with Kenny and Damien but part of me is happy for Ming being able to stick it to some nose bleed, eye watering accountants who thought they'd tell him to get screwed regarding the promises he'd previously received. He was well and truly worth the extra cash and his performances last year justified it. He's not a world beater but his talents just complemented our team beautifully - the loss to us is greater than his own worth.

To be fair - even though it means agreeing with Modo 😀 - people denigrating him now as not much good truly is just pathetic. It hasn't quite ruined a very good Summer for us but it certainly killed a gread deal of the feel good momentum we'd generated.
[/quote]

That's the best summary of how I feel.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=46690.msg1392535#msg1392535 date=1314857278]
[quote author=Wizardry link=topic=46690.msg1392527#msg1392527 date=1314854056]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That's the best summary of how I feel.
[/quote]

Same here, I hold little to no animosity toward Raul for leaving, nothing at all on the level of Torres and Mascherano. He was clearly worth more than 30k a week. I'm more in awe that we didn't do one of the following: 1) give him a new contract or 2) tell both him and Chelsea to fuck off until January so we can properly replace him.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=46690.msg1392345#msg1392345 date=1314832637]
I was alright for a few minutes after Raul left because i thought 'Any minute now, Jim White will have a fit as we announce the signing of Pele vanbastendona.'

Sadly i now see that Adam is our new Meireles. Fat Charlie the sweat is supposed to be our new flying dynamic goal scoring AM. Charlie Adam.

Thats it.
[/quote]

Well he's already a 1/5th of the way towards meireles goals total from last season !

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=46690.msg1392379#msg1392379 date=1314833544]
I'd rather have Adam. And I'd have said that 3 hours ago too.
[/quote]

We can sit here and moan all day about this but the fact is Kenny would rather have Adam also and that's the bottom line .

[quote author=RedZeppelin link=topic=46690.msg1392544#msg1392544 date=1314860215]
[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=46690.msg1392379#msg1392379 date=1314833544]
[/quote]

We can sit here and moan all day about this but the fact is Kenny would rather have Adam also and that's the bottom line .
[/quote]

Let's shut down the forum then.

Oh if it's what Kenny wants then who are we even to discuss it.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=46690.msg1392546#msg1392546 date=1314860349]
[quote author=RedZeppelin link=topic=46690.msg1392544#msg1392544 date=1314860215]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Let's shut down the forum then.

Oh if it's what Kenny wants then who are we even to discuss it.
[/quote]

Ha easy tiger - that's not what i meant but people need to wake up and accept that Dalglish prefers Adam to Meireles even if you don't. Whether he's right or wrong I guess we'll find out .

I didn't rate meireles that highly but I am a little gutted that he has gone because his departure has taken te shine off what was an excellent window and selling him to chelsea just makes it all the worse.

for whatever reason ming feel down the pecking order and the guy wants to play football and then there is the rumour of him being on low wages, I guess the club didn't feel the need to increase the wages of someone who had effectively become a fringe player. it's weird that I feel with lost a creative spark because the first team midfield contains 3 players who last season made up the top 8 players for most chances created but I am still gutted by the loss of ming.

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=46690.msg1392394#msg1392394 date=1314834195]
He wasn't versatile enough to play for us and our new look total football ways.
[/quote]

Fabio? Come on dude. He was shunted all over the pitch and always did a decent job wherever he was deployed. Versatility wasn't his problem, perhaps he didn't make one position his own but he always performed for us.

His movement, his intelligence and over all contribution was very good last year and he would relish under 'our new look total football ways'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom