• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
UiBeyOn.jpg

gIJYGQN.jpg
That clearly is the ain't position

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I think he can play pretty much anywhere, even on the left flank where he never plays now because of Bailly and Brandt – like many great players, he pretty much plays his own game no matter where you position him on the pitch. I could even see him as striker or CM. Having watched some more of Havertz's games recently, the player he most reminds me of is Dele Alli – he has the same kind of rare calmness, especially when it comes to making a key pass or finishing, plus the versatility and work-rate.

So is the Fekir deal as dead a dead Norwegian Blue parrot? Well, Fekir's agent has just given £1,000 to our sporting director Michael Edward's fundme page (he's running the London Marathon for charity).

Interesting?

So is the Fekir deal as dead a dead Norwegian Blue parrot? Well, Fekir's agent has just given £1,000 to our sporting director Michael Edward's fundme page (he's running the London Marathon for charity).

Interesting?
I know football is ordinarily pretty far removed from ethics but I highly doubt a publicly made charity donation would have any relation to future transfers involving LFC and the agent for obvious reasons

I know football is ordinarily pretty far removed from ethics but I highly doubt a publicly made charity donation would have any relation to future transfers involving LFC and the agent for obvious reasons

You misunderstand, I think. It obviously has no direct connection! It isn't some sweetener to revive the deal FFS. What it suggests is that Edwards and him are on good terms, and perhaps have had continuing contact. Now you'd imagine that Fekir's agent would have every reason to be pretty pissed off with the LFC dealmaker, after us pulling the deal at the eleventh hour.

Remember what Fekir's agent said after the deal fell through: "He didn't sign for Liverpool because um... it is not over! This is not the end of the story."

Maybe it isn't the end of the story.

You misunderstand, I think. It obviously has no direct connection! It isn't some sweetener to revive the deal FFS. What it suggests is that Edwards and him are on good terms, and perhaps have had continuing contact. Now you'd imagine that Fekir's agent would have every reason to be pretty pissed off with the LFC dealmaker, after us pulling the deal at the eleventh hour.

Remember what Fekir's agent said after the deal fell through: "He didn't sign for Liverpool because um... it is not over! This is not the end of the story."

Maybe it isn't the end of the story.
He's an agent - the relationship could be around any of his clients - Niša Saveljić, Benoît Pedretti or even Laurent Batlles

Of course. It seems they are his only other clients and at least one of them is retired

Obviously Edwards is trying to grease the wheels of the agent in order to lure 38-year-old Benoit Pedretti out of retirement. That's exactly the type of world-class scouting that's going to eventually land us our long-term target, Ernst Dorfmeyer.

Last edited:
He doesn't suit the way we play at all imo. If you look at why he's struggling at Barca it's quite obv the position he needs to play in would disrupt us too much the way that Klopp has us set up this season.

He just can't play in midfield as a proper midfielder, no matter how many managers try to get him to do it, he's almost a forward but not quite, more like a '10' than anything else, & playing him there would not help us.

His goals from distance & that ability to score from nowhere to change games we do desperately need, but the trade off is way too high.

With respect, I think that's complete nonsense. Did you see the form Coutinho was in, in the 18 months or so before he joined Barca? He was fitting in just fine to a Klopp team.

He was being more careful in possession, he was knowing when to release the ball, he was timing his runs better, his assists & goals stats were improved. All in all he was sharpening up in all aspects of his game, and if he was to come back (don't think it'll happen mind), he'd walk back into our team and we'd be better off for it.

Seeing the English sides batter the German sides in this seasons champions league makes me weary.

That and klopps lack of pulling power with young German talent, gotez and goretzka, who both turned us down.

I think he can play pretty much anywhere, even on the left flank where he never plays now because of Bailly and Brandt – like many great players, he pretty much plays his own game no matter where you position him on the pitch. I could even see him as striker or CM. Having watched some more of Havertz's games recently, the player he most reminds me of is Dele Alli – he has the same kind of rare calmness, especially when it comes to making a key pass or finishing, plus the versatility and work-rate.
@rurikbird supposing we sell Mane for £175m plus another £50m from the transfer budget. How would you spend it?

I think he'll end up with Barca ...
If we could get this guy it would be amazing but I agree this guy is going to be involved in a bidding war so I think we are out of this.

By the way what happened to Ryan Sessengnon? Is it Fulham that are bad or him out both?

If we could get this guy it would be amazing but I agree this guy is going to be involved in a bidding war so I think we are out of this.

By the way what happened to Ryan Sessengnon? Is it Fulham that are bad or him out both?
He's stagnating. Should move to a bigger club pronto if he's willing to develop further.
But yeah the kid hasn't played as well as expected.

The Henderson is shite brigade is back to full strength .

Welcome back Brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom