• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester City have targeted to buy Argentine midfielder Thiago Almada, 17 - dubbed the new Lionel Messi and playing in his country's top division for Velez Sarsfield - in a £20m deal.

[article]Manchester United and Liverpool have sent scouts to watch one of the rising stars of Turkish football ahead of a potential transfer, according to reports.

Fenerbahce goalkeeper Berke Ozer has been attracting attention from clubs after impressing for the Turkish national side at youth levels.

Turkish journalist Yagiz Sabuncuoglu claims that Premier League sides United and Liverpool sent scouts to watch the 18-year-old in the under-21 derby match as Fenerbahce drew 0-0 against Galatasaray.

Ozer is unlikely to break into the first team at Old Trafford or Anfield anytime soon as he has only made one senior appearance for Fenerbahce to date.

The Daily Mirror claims a big bid could tempt Fenerbahce to part company with their prospect as the Turkish side currently have him tied down on a deal until 2022.

It is understood that Manchester City were interested in taking Ozer to the Etihad Stadium when he played for Altinordu – but Fenerbahce scooped him up for €2.5million.[/article]

Anybody watching enough Ligue 1 to assess this lad? Those are impressive numbers. Was it a freak season, or is this lad just starting to fulfil his potential?

Liverpool have stolen a march on their three Premier League rivals in the chase for striker Nicolas Pepe.
Reports suggest the Reds have made a formal enquiry about the Lille forward - a step further than interested Arsenal , Manchester United and Everton.
According to French outlet Le10 Sport, the Reds have established contact with Ligue 1 side Lille about the in-demand forward.
Pepe is wanted by a host of sides after the 23-year-old scored 19 times and provided 11 assists in 32 matches.
Jurgen Klopp knows his must add more to his forward options this summer.
Now, the reports claim, the Premier League leaders are hoping to get a deal done.
Pepe is second in the scoring charts to PSG superstar Kylian Mbappe and his form in front of goal has taken the club to new heights.
Lille's president now accepts they can't keep the star at the club thanks to the level of interest from other clubs.
Club president Gerard Lopez told Telefoot he expects the player to move on.
"Four or five players will be leaving this summer,” he said.
“All clubs are forced to balance their accounts except perhaps one. I would say yes, it is sure he [Pepe] will leave.
“He enters a price range that can no longer be paid. There is a career choice to make for him, I think he will have the choice."
Meanwhile, Liverpool are ready to trigger Julian Brandt's contract release clause, according to Sport Bild.
The Bayern Leverkusen forward has attracted some serious attention from across Europe in recent months, but the Reds are ready to act fastest when the transfer window opens.
Brandt can be released from his contract for just £21.5million - a tiny fee considering the calibre of the player and his potential.
Timo Werner appears to be available too and Leipzig chief executive Oliver Mintzlaff said: "It's well known that we want to extend with him, but he's signalled to us that he does not want to sign a new contract.
"We need to see what's right for us and for Timo."

Manchester City have targeted to buy Argentine midfielder Thiago Almada, 17 - dubbed the new Lionel Messi and playing in his country's top division for Velez Sarsfield - in a £20m deal.

You'd have to be a bit daft to sign for City as a promising 17 year old.

Anybody watching enough Ligue 1 to assess this lad? Those are impressive numbers. Was it a freak season, or is this lad just starting to fulfil his potential?
You know how Djibs scored for fun in France?
I haven't seen the guy, but my point is in certain leagues numbers mean fuck all.

Also it's prime "agent touting players" season right now. He's 23, ripe ol age for a big contract.

Last edited:
When we signed Robertson we were saying, who? If we're genuinely interested then I think it will be for good reason.
I'd heard of Robertson, from his Dundee Utd days to Hull. I just didn't think he was good enough for us. But I was the first to admit I was wrong, as evidenced by me giving him my POY vote last year.

He seems quite good at dribbling. Problem is with these videos you can't really see how they play off the ball. So intelligence, defending, awareness are till question marks.

He's French, but you're probably saying you don't like French players because Pogba is getting a bad press despite being the only half decent player in that squad.

He's French, but you're probably saying you don't like French players because Pogba is getting a bad press despite being the only half decent player in that squad.

Nah he's arguably the major cause of the toxic atmosphere there. He's everything bad about the modern player. And on the pitch, he's a luxury player... you can't afford to have a luxury player in central midfield.

With regards to Pepe, I watched a video of him and about 50% of his goals seemed to be penalties. However, I was surprised by his eye for a threaded pass. Lots of assists Looks a decent player.

Hakim Zeyich is rumoured to be a £25m target. He has the most impressive stats of any player we been linked with. 15 goals and 15 assists in the Eredivisie in 26 games

He seems quite good at dribbling. Problem is with these videos you can't really see how they play off the ball. So intelligence, defending, awareness are till question marks.

He looks like he was born spinning, and immediately pushed a ball through his mother's legs before tumbling through....

Looks like one of those crazy, fast, teenagers, but he can find a pass too!

Nah he's arguably the major cause of the toxic atmosphere there. He's everything bad about the modern player. And on the pitch, he's a luxury player... you can't afford to have a luxury player in central midfield.

He seemed perfectly fine at the world cup tho

D4wskPoXkAElQiG.png:large

I have to say, I like what I see with this lad. He has a lovely pass on him as well as great pace and serious trickery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom