• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but I just can't see Yossi Benayoun beating anyone up, he looks like a strong breeze would knock him over

Yep, this is the main reason why we won't challenge again next season.

We lost Xabi whilst Gerrard and Torres succumbed to their injuries and were never the same again.

Then the next time, we lost Suarez whilst Sturridge succumbed to injuries as well.

Both times we came 2nd, all the goals were ripped out of the team for the following season.

This post is pretty much all I have been worried about since we lost to Barca. I just felt soo low on energy and was willing on Leicester and when they lost just felt like it'll be the same as above the top players leaving.

Last night changed a few things.
We have some great players across the whole pitch unlike above where it was a few carrying the rest. The threads on the front page, Origi, Gini, Matip, Fab prove this point.. I don't even know who my favourite player is?!?

[article]Turkish website Asist Analiz claim Liverpool have made a £18m offer to sign Trabzonspor attacker Abdulkadir Omur.

They say Liverpool are very serious about signing the 19 year old and official talks between the two clubs are set to continue in the coming weeks.

According to Asist Analiz, Trabzonspor are looking for £20m plus 15 percent of any future sale of the young player. This season Omur has been great form for his boyhood club which has brought him to the attention of Premier League clubs, including Liverpool.

Earlier this week we covered comments from Trabzonspor president Ahmet Agaoglu after he claimed Manchester United are keeping tabs on the Turkish international, and now it’s reported Liverpool are also in the frame to sign him.

Omur has been labelled the ‘Turkish Messi’ and he’s under contract at Trabzonspor until June 2022.

This season the attacker has made 29 appearances for his club in all competitions, scoring 4 goals and providing 8 assists.[/article]

Liverpool have agreed personal terms on a four-year deal with French midfielder Tanguy Ndombele, but are yet to open talks with Lyon over a transfer fee.

The Ligue 1 side are thought to want about €70m. [Euro United]

Liverpool have agreed personal terms on a four-year deal with French midfielder Tanguy Ndombele, but are yet to open talks with Lyon over a transfer fee.

He's potentially great - but I don't think this is true.

He looks like a monster! Not sure this will happen but would be an exciting signing.

Premier League targets among 10 players set to leave in Barcelona fire sale

image: https://images.cdn.fourfourtwo.com/...ape/public/umtiti_barcelona.jpg?itok=o340nN_P
umtiti_barcelona.jpg

Philippe Coutinho, Samuel Umtiti and Ivan Rakitic are among the players who could be moved on from Barcelona at the end of the season, say reports.
Published
21 min ago

The Catalan club is in a state of shock after surrendering a 3-0 first-leg advantage to lose 4-0 to Liverpool at Anfield in the return fixture of their Champions League semi-final on Tuesday.
It was the second year running that Barça have been eliminated from the competition despite holding a healthy advantage, as Roma came back to overturn a 4-1 first-leg defeat with a 3-0 win last season.
According to Sport, 10 first-team players will be on the market this summer to enable a squad overhaul.
Coutinho, who became the club’s record signing when he joined from Liverpool in a £146 million deal in January 2018, will be one of the first to go after failing to impress at Camp Nou.

Rakitic remains in coach Ernesto Valverde’s plans and wants to stay, but the club hierarchy see this summer as one of the last chances to cash in on the Croatian, especially with ready-made replacement Frenkie de Jong set to arrive from Ajax.

Umtiti has missed most of the season through injury, falling behind Clement Lenglet in the defensive pecking order, and could be let go with the club looking to bring in Ajax captain Matthijs de Ligt.
Squad players Jasper Cillessen, Thomas Vermaelen and Rafinha are also on the market, while the club could be willing to sell Malcom despite bringing him in for £35 million just last summer.

Andre Gomes could be sold once his loan at Everton comes to an end, as could on-loan Arsenal midfielder Denis Suarez.
Arda Turan has been loaned to Istanbul Basaksehir until June 2020, when his contract expires, but Barcelona hope to cash in on him before then.
Finally, loan players Kevin-Prince Boateng and Jeison Murillo will return to parent clubs Sassuolo and Valencia respectively.

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/barcelona-sell-rakitic-umtiti-coutinho#6zosRlcJL4V9FijC.99

It's great to see that not only are the likes of United in a doldrums regarding their squad and quality at the moment needing to invest heavily and still allow time for players to settle in with a crap manager. Teams like Barca unless they sort themselves out will be in a similar position, they of course recognise this but then figure the best way is to piss hundreds of millions on Coutinho, Dembele, Malcolm only to throw them in and they decide they need to get rid a season or two later.
The likes of Messi, Suarez, Busquetes etc are all the wrong side of 30.

As well as praying hard that Brighton win and we Beat Wolves and Spurs I'm really praying we keep hold of all the players we want to keep hold of cos we are really on the verge of a special dominant team. It feels like so many other teams are on edge at the moment Chelsea, United have serious issues with transfer bans and shit players. Arsenal need a lot of work, even spurs to an extend need to ensure some kind of quality comes in as they fall over 20 points behind us with a game to go. Obvious exception is City

BS he said he would stay at the club for 7 years, that's how long he stayed at Brossia Dortmund and at Mainz. The club probably will offer him a better contract but he strikes as a guy where money isn't his biggest motive and probably will not stick around for more than 7 years.

Last edited:
I think I get what bluebell means and in fairness if we get 7 years out of Klopp that would be a privilege enough considering how managerial lifetime is these days. What's Klopp on now? 3.5 years since he joined?

Klopp leaving would mean that we've either accomplished winning trophies or there is an unforeseen decline somehow that hinders us from competing. I'd guess that we'll be in good hands then to continue his good work- not that I'm looking forward to it, obviously.

I think I get what bluebell means and in fairness if we get 7 years out of Klopp that would be a privilege enough considering how managerial lifetime is these days. What's Klopp on now? 3.5 years since he joined?

Klopp leaving would mean that we've either accomplished winning trophies or there is an unforeseen decline somehow that hinders us from competing. I'd guess that we'll be in good hands then to continue his good work- not that I'm looking forward to it, obviously.
More or less. Klopp has said it emphatically that he will not stay beyond his 7 year term. I just feel he is not the type person who will change his mind because we offer him a lot more money.

Last edited:
Can you give any actual quote(s) from him saying that? There were suggestions when he first arrived that he wanted LFC to be his last job in management. If that's the case, he may or may not have reached his goals when the 7th year is up.

Yeah he did say that. Something along the lines of he couldn't imagine staying a decade at one club. People change their minds though and if he is happy......... look at Rafa, still lives in the area!

Yeah he did say that. Something along the lines of he couldn't imagine staying a decade at one club. People change their minds though and if he is happy......... look at Rafa, still lives in the area!
If Klopp wins things I do hope he stays, but I just remember the interview where he said, he is not here to create some legacy, and no way is he going to stay at LFC for 20 plus years.
Rafa would have stayed at LFC into his 70s if the club would have him that long. He bleeds Liverpool.

Raphael Honigstein, a German journo, seems to think that both Liverpool and Dortmund are interested in signing Julian Brandt but it is not certain that he will leave Leverkusen
Also Timo Verner is going to Bayern and Kai Havertz is currently a target for Chelsea and Man united but he isn't particularly interested in either.
Bayern again looks like the eventual destination again but maybe not this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom