• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any up for the idea of signing Nick Pope or Tom Heaton?
Heaton is Burnley's no. 1, and probably won't take a gig where he is a permanent no. 2. I'd deffo buy Pope as a no. 2 with the promise of playing domestic cups. He's an excellent keeper.

Heaton is Burnley's no. 1, and probably won't take a gig where he is a permanent no. 2. I'd deffo buy Pope as a no. 2 with the promise of playing domestic cups. He's an excellent keeper.
You are right Heaton he is their number 1, incidentally, he has only played 17 games for them

Yes. Their improvement coincides with his return.

Pope is also a v.good keeper but I'm not entirely sure he'd come as a no.2, 'coz he's already been in the England squad and may not fancy the bother of moving to a club where he has no real chance of getting a good run in the first team. If he *were* up for it I fully agree with the Doc about signing him.

AS reports today that Eriksen and Real Madrid have reached a verbal agreement and that the clubs are now trying to negotiate a fee believed to be in the £110M region.

I have to say with Alli's apparent stagnation/decline and their general lack of investment in the team Spurs could be facing some really tough years.

AS reports today that Eriksen and Real Madrid have reached a verbal agreement and that the clubs are now trying to negotiate a fee believed to be in the £110M region.

I have to say with Alli's apparent stagnation/decline and their general lack of investment in the team Spurs could be facing some really tough years.
110M with only a year left on his contract? Crazy.

110M with only a year left on his contract? Crazy.
They asked for £200 last Summer. It might end somewhat lower, but I guess it's also a case of other teams showing interest and Spurs being very reluctant to sell.

Would any of you consider being in for Eriksen? I mean if say the fee landed somewhat lower, in the 60-70M region perhaps? I do feel at times we lack creativity in central and as he's also got the legs for a Klopp side, he'd fit right in but you know that's my opinion. What's yours?

They asked for £200 last Summer. It might end somewhat lower, but I guess it's also a case of other teams showing interest and Spurs being very reluctant to sell.

Would any of you consider being in for Eriksen? I mean if say the fee landed somewhat lower, in the 60-70M region perhaps? I do feel at times we lack creativity in central and as he's also got the legs for a Klopp side, he'd fit right in but you know that's my opinion. What's yours?
It’s when Spurs bought him back in the day when we should have got him. He’d have been great, and I remember being in your bandwagon at the time.
Too late now. IF Spurs were contemplating a sale at a knock off price (relative to his true value) they’d make it certain it wasn’t to us or any other rival. We need to find the next Eriksen.

It’s when Spurs bought him back in the day when we should have got him. He’d have been great, and I remember being in your bandwagon at the time.
Too late now. IF Spurs were contemplating a sale at a knock off price (relative to his true value) they’d make it certain it wasn’t to us or any other rival. We need to find the next Eriksen.
I guess that's pretty much spot on yeah. No idea whom that might be though.. Frenkie de Jong, although a different type of midfielder, would've been my first choice this Summer.

Was gonna post this but you beat me to it KoHoEL! Was a bit worried he'd end up at Man United- there probably still is this risk until he officially signs of course.

Unrelated but what the fuck happened to Fischer @Kay Age El
He's never really seemed to recover his form of old Fischer, after his one-and-a-half-year spell injured with Ajax.

Playing for FC Copenhagen now and they are actually showcasing a really interesting team at the moment, with that lad Robert Skov (9 goals from free-kicks alone this season) and a new young forward, Jonas Wind stealing the show.

Fisher, now 24, has scored 9 and created 10 in 21 matches this season which is decent especially as I think the Danish league defensive-wise is better than the Dutch. Maybe there's a big move left in him still..

From the weekend: Jonas Wind, 20, handling the ball nicely before setting up Fischer who then squanders it a bit..

OMG, I love it when you ask me about players.. <3

He's never really seemed to recover his form of old Fischer, after his one-and-a-half-year spell injured with Ajax.

Playing for FC Copenhagen now and they are actually showcasing a really interesting team at the moment, with that lad Robert Skov (9 goals from free-kicks alone this season) and a new young forward, Jonas Wind stealing the show.

Fisher, now 24, has scored 9 and created 10 in 21 matches this season which is decent especially as I think the Danish league defensive-wise is better than the Dutch. Maybe there's a big move left in him still..

From the weekend: Jonas Wind, 20, handling the ball nicely before setting up Fischer who then squanders it a bit..

OMG, I love it when you ask me about players.. <3
I find it strange that Denmark continue developing players with technique and decent close control and finesse while Sweden still fucking develop the same boring blue collar hard working type players. Must be a difference in football culture.
Regarding me asking you about players, well that's just natural since we missed the boat on Eriksen.

I find it strange that Denmark continue developing players with technique and decent close control and finesse while Sweden still fucking develop the same boring blue collar hard working type players. Must be a difference in football culture.
Regarding me asking you about players, well that's just natural since we missed the boat on Eriksen.

Former national Denmark coach, Morten Olsen, recently commented on the matter as he was asked about the current crop of talents from Denmark that seems to even emulate the class of the early 80s with Laudrup, Molby, himself, Arnesen, Elkjær etc. and he mentioned the Ajax-way.

To this day alomst 30 Danes have played for Ajax, more or less all of them as key-players like Schone today, and in many ways the Ajax/Cruyff approach and style has been adopted by Denmark through this ongoing influence.

A friend of mine has two kids, 8 and 11, both playing in FC Nordsjælland's Youth setup and it's all very Ajax/Barca-like with 4-5 days of training both on and off the pitch. Scouts from all over the world incl Liverpool are already attending their games (Juve has invited both of the down to a 2-week Summer camp) and it all seems very well organized and ambitious. A lot of the major clubs are running their youth setup in a pro way like this and it seems to pay off.

It really does seem strange that Sweden and to some extent also Norway hasn't gone down this path yet. It's quite obvious the only way to keep up with the rest of Europe/World whilst compensating for our lack of inhabitants.

Former national Denmark coach, Morten Olsen, recently commented on the matter as he was asked about the current crop of talents from Denmark that seems to even emulate the class of the early 80s with Laudrup, Molby, himself, Arnesen, Elkjær etc. and he mentioned the Ajax-way.

To this day alomst 30 Danes have played for Ajax, more or less all of them as key-players like Schone today, and in many ways the Ajax/Cruyff approach and style has been adopted by Denmark through this ongoing influence.

A friend of mine has two kids, 8 and 11, both playing in FC Nordsjælland's Youth setup and it's all very Ajax/Barca-like with 4-5 days of training both on and off the pitch. Scouts from all over the world incl Liverpool are already attending their games (Juve has invited both of the down to a 2-week Summer camp) and it all seems very well organized and ambitious. A lot of the major clubs are running their youth setup in a pro way like this and it seems to pay off.

It really does seem strange that Sweden and to some extent also Norway hasn't gone down this path yet. It's quite obvious the only way to keep up with the rest of Europe/World whilst compensating for our lack of inhabitants.
Very interesting and doesn't really surprise me

Liverpool winger Ryan Kent, 22, on loan this season at Rangers, has confirmed his desire to leave Anfield, with the Scottish side keen to sign him on a permanent basis. (Express)

Timo Werner with a goal and 2 assists today. (16 goal + 7 assists from 28 starts)

[av]http://d23uv1aei28sqq.cloudfront.net/fb/2019_05_03_1940381.mp4[/av]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom