• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interesting to see if they go after De Gea or Oblak to replace him, hopefully it ends up with United needing a new keeper. Not that De Gea has been particularly good recently.

He can only do so much at United.

He's been their best player for what, 3 seasons in a row now?

There's only so much you can take mentally as a keeper when your playing behind such a shambolic defence - and we saw the full effect of that last season.

Tottenham have been offered Paris St-Germain's German international forward Julian Draxler, 25, as a potential replacement for Christian Eriksen if the 27-year-old leaves. (Star)
STATS 18/19

[xtable=skin1|309x154]
{thead}
{tr}
{th=colspan:2|156x@}Competition{/th}
{th=18x@} {/th}
{th=9x@} {/th}
{th=18x@} {/th}
{th=27x@} {/th}
{th=41x@} {/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tfoot}
{tr}
{td=colspan:2|156x@}Total :{/td}
{td=18x@}46{/td}
{td=9x@}5{/td}
{td=18x@}12{/td}
{td=27x@}595{/td}
{td=41x@}2.977{/td}
{/tr}
{/tfoot}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=21x@}
fr1.png
{/td}
{td=129x@}Ligue 1{/td}
{td=18x@}31{/td}
{td=9x@}3{/td}
{td=18x@}8{/td}
{td=27x@}681{/td}
{td=41x@}2.044{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=21x@}
cl.png
{/td}
{td=129x@}Champions League{/td}
{td=18x@}7{/td}
{td=9x@}-{/td}
{td=18x@}1{/td}
{td=27x@}-{/td}
{td=41x@}284{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=21x@}
frc.png
{/td}
{td=129x@}Coupe de France{/td}
{td=18x@}6{/td}
{td=9x@}2{/td}
{td=18x@}2{/td}
{td=27x@}242{/td}
{td=41x@}484{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=21x@}
frl.png
{/td}
{td=129x@}Coupe de la Ligue{/td}
{td=18x@}2{/td}
{td=9x@}-{/td}
{td=18x@}1{/td}
{td=27x@}-{/td}
{td=41x@}165{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
youtube compilation will not leave you in awe

Absolutely makes sense on all fronts to bring in Buffon - who is also my idol!

He'll be happy come across as a back up.

More importantly he brings across experience that no other keeper can bring to the squad.

The professionalism & experience he would add to the squad is priceless - it was legitimately wasted at a club like PSG.

The only thing preventing this move is the reluctance of Juventus greats moving to LFC as it would cause a huge shit storm among the Juve supporters to the point it would most likely tarnish his legacy at Juve in their eyes.

Del Piero came out and said he wanted to join us after leaving Juve but changed his mind because of the Juve fans & how they would react.
Maybe I'll ask Emre Can's opinion on that ;)

The thing about De Beek is that he plays like with such uncommon intelligence, always moving to find space and aware of everyone else's movement and position. A player groomed as Ajax's #10 through every academy level must possess extraordinary football skill and intelligence... but I have to say he looks kind of stupid, almost Moreno-ish with that haircut. So far I have not found a way to reconcile those two facts.

This is his Twitter header and profile picture:

1080x360

7CsjKUoB_400x400.jpg

He is being described as a clever, down-to-earth and humble young lad (just like de Ligt, Frenkie, Neres, Dolberg and the other Ajax youngsters are) so I'm not too worried about his haircut.

He is however slightly more difficult to measure in terms of quality for me.

Frenkie is a classic central midfielder, de Ligt a central defender etc., whereas de Beek is a lot of things. Def midfielder, central midfielder, a terrier in the Masher mould, a winger with good skills, a forward, a false 9 etc. It's like he's equally adapt in all roles.

Sometimes these versatile players ends up struggling a bit because of it, managers can shoehorn them in anywhere, but there's no doubt with the right guidance, luck etc. he could end up being a world class player.

He is being described as a clever, down-to-earth and humble young lad (just like de Ligt, Frenkie, Neres, Dolberg and the other Ajax youngsters are) so I'm not too worried about his haircut.

Frenkie is a classic central midfielder, de Ligt a central defender etc., whereas de Beek is a lot of things. Def midfielder, central midfielder, a terrier in the Masher mould, a winger with good skills, a forward, a false 9 etc. It's like he's equally adapt in all roles.

Sometimes these versatile players ends up struggling a bit because of it, managers can shoehorn them in anywhere, but there's no doubt with the right guidance, luck etc. he could end up being a world class player.
Actually he sounds like an IDEAL signing for Klopp !

In other words, he's perfect for us.:)

Neither of these two Dutch lads, skidmark or beek would fill our main needs.

Are there any links to a top attacker who plays across the front three?

Actually I'm not sure having 4 world-class attackers for 3 forward positions is possible, even for the richest teams. The reality is that top-class goal-scorers cost way more than even the most talented midfielders, they automatically become worldwide brands and it's almost impossible to rotate them – usually those kinds of players are the ultra-driven types who never want to miss a game as long as they can stand on two feet and their entourage will immediately kick up a fuss in the press if they ever find themselves on the bench. So once you you have assembled an iconic trio like MSN or BBC or in our case FSM and made sure they enjoy playing with each other, you pretty much commit to playing all 3 most of the time with only some minimal rotation when absolutely necessary.

In our case, I think we would be OK with a quality back-up #9 for Firmino (someone like Max Kruse, basically taking over Sturridge's role), a couple of creative midfielders who normally support the front 3 from AM but can also fill in on the wing if necessary (Ox is one such player and I think we need one more) + Origi and Brewster as subs/cup game starters. I will be genuinely surprised if we buy a winger/forward with the status, price and ambition of Pepe, Depay or Werner this summer.

Last edited:
I'd seriously be more happy if we're being linked with a left back or a striker. You know a position where we actually need strengthening.

You given up on Wilson and Brewster already? Both are ideal to slot in next season..

You given up on Wilson and Brewster already? Both are ideal to slot in next season..
I suppose the issue with Brewster is that despite the club clearly having a lot of faith in him, we have barely glimpsed him, and even if we accept (as I think we should) that the boy is a serious talent, do we rely on him alone as understudy to the front 3? Wilson is going to be an interesting case. I always saw him as potentially coming in and taking the place of Lallana in the squad, who I maintain should be moved on with our best wishes. He is simply too fragile for us to rely on to any degree, and we would be freeing up another significant and unjustifiable wage. I strongly suspect that the rumours that we will loan Wilson to another PL club this season may well end up being fulfilled if Lallana stays.

Actually I'm not sure having 4 world-class attackers for 3 forward positions is possible, even for the richest teams. The reality is that top-class goal-scorers cost way more than even the most talented midfielders, they automatically become worldwide brands and it's almost impossible to rotate them – usually those kinds of players are the ultra-driven types who never want to miss a game as long as they can stand on two feet and their entourage will immediately kick up a fuss in the press if they ever find themselves on the bench. So once you you have assembled an iconic trio like MSN or BBC or in our case FSM and made sure they enjoy playing with each other, you pretty much commit to playing all 3 most of the time with only some minimal rotation when absolutely necessary.

In our case, I think we would be OK with a quality back-up #9 for Firmino (someone like Max Kruse, basically taking over Sturridge's role), a couple of creative midfielders who normally support the front 3 from AM but can also fill in on the wing if necessary (Ox is one such player and I think we need one more) + Origi and Brewster as subs/cup game starters. I will be genuinely surprised if we buy a winger/forward with the status, price and ambition of Pepe, Depay or Werner this summer.

I suppose you're right.

I just think Salah might be on his way soon, and there's a glut of talent available now. We should make the best of it.

Not at all, but I think we need something closer to the quality of the front three.
Firm in particular needs back-up. An AM/Forward would be perfect.

Financially, after waving goodbye to Sturridge, I do think we have the wiggle room wage wise for another top attacking player- at least an up-and-coming one like Pepe. And I do think that with the Champions league, a hugely attritional league campaign, and the domestic cups (with other obligations such as the world club championships) alongside the natural injuries and loss of fitness and form that will occur in a season, we can absolutely find enough games to satisfy all. We have thrown the domestic cups in the trash the past few seasons, and a cup run would also provide more games. I think it would be irresponsible of the club not to sign at least one new player to fit in the front 3 in the wider positions. We have been ludicrously lucky with injury with Mane and Salah, but we need to consider that our luck may run out in the coming seasons.

Klopp doesn't look like the type of manager that would re-sign a player, especially if the player doesn't buy into his philosophy and also causes problems mid season.
Just stating the obvious before the Coutinho rumours gain momentum.

What about Jesus and Sane for Manchester City?

Klopp doesn't look like the type of manager that would re-sign a player, especially if the player doesn't buy into his philosophy and also causes problems mid season.
Just stating the obvious before the Coutinho rumours gain momentum.
Yeah, it's a non starter. There's no way, and after the eye-watering figure they paid, they'll want a significant wedge back. More than his value is to us.

Somebody tell me we were cheeky enough to ask for a sell on clause. That's a very funny thought.

Jesus Aguero Sane Sterling Silva Mahrez

There are two very good front threes in there without dragging De Bruyne and the other Silva into it. Without wanting to discussion the definition of world class I'd suggest they're all in that bracket.

Seems like a few may become looking to leave at the moment but this is what we're up against and why we absolutely need a top 4th man for the attack.

Nabil Fekir, who came so close to joining Liverpool last summer, is available for just €15million.
The Lyons forward is likely to be sold this summer as his club have decided to cash in, and there is sure to be serious interest in the 25-year-old.
Liverpool were linked with Fekir again in January after their failed move last summer, but it is unclear whether Jurgen Klopp still retains interest in him.
GettyImages-1093408702.jpg

21 HOURS AGOJune 6, 2019

Adam Lallana has confirmed he will be staying put at Liverpool.

Asked by PA if he was staying, Lallana said: “Yeah. Absolutely no question about it. I couldn't be happier here, winning Champions Leagues.

“I know my ability and I know what I can give. And the gaffer and his staff and the recruitment guys have all made it clear they know I have a big part to play with what's to come next, so I'm buzzing with that.

“No question my future is here and I can't wait for what's next.”
GettyImages-1075775064.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom