• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 million EUROS !? Wtf. I'm not buying that
What about now?
Nebil-fekir.png

50 mill last season and 1 year left on his contract now. I was thinking 20-25 mill, 15 seems so low that its nearly worth a shot.
It's BS like the fake tweet I put up. Lyon, are expecting a bidding war. My guess is, he will go for €30-40m.
Bear in mind we paid £40m for Ox, with 6 months left on his contract. A player sidelined for large chunks of his Arsenal career due to injuries.

Real Madrid confirm that they are signing Hazard.

So happy he has left this league, Chelsea should be a push-over next season with zero threat. We may have a date with him in Europe though, and by signing him - I think Real Madrid have a potential Insurance Policy against us should we meet them in the group stages of the CL.

What about Jesus and Sane for Manchester City?

Two things: first of all Man City are financially in the league of their own; we can't spend like they do. Secondly, they don't have a stable world-class front 3; that team is just built differently. I would argue we are more like PSG or Barca of MSN days – in most games you don't even have to look at the lineup to know which 3 forwards are starting. If you want to add another world-class attacking talent to the mix, it HAS to be someone who primarily plays in attacking midfield, but can also do a job on the wing – i.e. Di Maria/Draxler for PSG. A great winger/forward will not move to a team where he has to somehow break into a tightly calibrated world-class attacking trio to get any playing time.

Financially, after waving goodbye to Sturridge, I do think we have the wiggle room wage wise for another top attacking player- at least an up-and-coming one like Pepe. And I do think that with the Champions league, a hugely attritional league campaign, and the domestic cups (with other obligations such as the world club championships) alongside the natural injuries and loss of fitness and form that will occur in a season, we can absolutely find enough games to satisfy all. We have thrown the domestic cups in the trash the past few seasons, and a cup run would also provide more games. I think it would be irresponsible of the club not to sign at least one new player to fit in the front 3 in the wider positions. We have been ludicrously lucky with injury with Mane and Salah, but we need to consider that our luck may run out in the coming seasons.

I get your argument, but I'm still quite sure that like it or not, no expensive (35M+) winger/forward is going to be coming to LFC this summer. I do hope we get an AM though, Ox alone is not enough for the whole season and Lallana and Shaq have serious limitations.

My prediction for the summer:
  • Back-up #9 (replacing Studge)
  • Attacking midfielder/winger (only if the right player is available)
  • Back up GK (replacing Ming)
  • Back up LB (replacing Moreno)
  • Back up CB (unlikely)

Last edited:
I get your argument, but I'm still quite sure that like it or not, no expensive (35M+) winger/forward is going to be coming to LFC this summer. I do hope we get an AM though, Ox alone is not enough for the whole season and Lallana and Shaq have serious limitations.

My prediction for the summer:
  • Back-up #9 (replacing Studge)
  • Attacking midfielder/winger (only if the right player is available)
  • Back up GK (replacing Ming)
  • Back up LB (replacing Moreno)
  • Back up CB (unlikely)

We also have Keita for the AM position & Henderson playing further forward.

So... Fabinho, Wynaldum, Milner, Henderson, Grujic, Keita, Ox & Lallana for the 3 Midfield positions.

Firmino, Salah, Mane, Origi, Brewster & Shaq for the attacking 3.... which does feel potentially one light.

CB - we have 4 decent options.

RB - the cover comes from Gomez or Milner, unless one of the young lads is ready.

LB - cover comes from Milner - so a replacement for Moreno is very important.

I don’t see us bring in more than a couple of first team ready players this close season - unless we’re moving on the likes of Grujic, Lallana, etc

It's BS like the fake tweet I put up. Lyon, are expecting a bidding war. My guess is, he will go for €30-40m.
Bear in mind we paid £40m for Ox, with 6 months left on his contract. A player sidelined for large chunks of his Arsenal career due to injuries.
6 months? Really?

So he had a contract at Arsenal that was due to expire mid season ...

I’m at the stage where I don’t care who we sign as Klopp will get the best out of them regardless.

We need cover for LB if Lewis isn’t ready.

Another attacking player

At least one proper ball player in CM who can dictate the game.

We still lack that.

I am at a stage where i am thinking why we have not signed anyone yet and even more amazed that some of the best players in the world are not at our doorstep, ready to sign and play for our club and manager. What is going on here ?

How much would be Chilwell alone? I like him a lot, although it would look weird to spend several times more on a back-up compared to what we paid for Robbo.

Harry Maguire is overrated. I'd be happy for him to replace Kompany. That's a step down. Even at their current levels given the influence Kompany has.

I am at a stage where i am thinking why we have not signed anyone yet and even more amazed that some of the best players in the world are not at our doorstep, ready to sign and play for our club and manager. What is going on here ?
Why? Klopp has already indicated not to expect too much in the way of transfers.
Me personally I would like to see 2-3 players come in, to provide more competition and cover but Klopp has said many times in the past, the solution is not always to buy and buy. He also went on to add, when you consider a player you have to look at his personality too, will it work with the current squad and how would the existing player for that position feel about the new signee, will it demotivate him or spur him on? These are questions a manager has to grapple with. It's probably why Klopps signings are a success

How much would be Chilwell alone? I like him a lot, although it would look weird to spend several times more on a back-up compared to what we paid for Robbo.

I've heard figures of £60m plus.

125 for both looks about right I reckon.

Chilwell is great but it'd be a completely pointless signing for us.

All indications pointing towards us getting a backup fullback and a backup keeper this summer.
Which is a bit boring to be honest.

All indications pointing towards us getting a backup fullback and a backup keeper this summer.
Which is a bit boring to be honest.
Winning squad with Ox back and Brewster involved more heavily. I think we need another back up for the front three but can't see anyone else apart from cover coming in

A front 6 of Bobby, Salah, Mane, Brewster, Pepe and Origi looks absolutely fine. I do think we need that extra one though.

Midfield 6 of Fabinho, Hendo, Milner, Keita, Ox and Wijnaldum is likewise great. Maybe backed up by Grujic.

Defence is fine if Gomez can stay clearer of injuries, as long as we get the backup LB.

The squad is pretty much there.

With the money we've made, plus 30 to 40 incoming from sales, we really should be able to push the boat out for that new forward. Whether we will or not, though...

A front 6 of Bobby, Salah, Mane, Brewster, Pepe and Origi looks absolutely fine. I do think we need that extra one though.

Midfield 6 of Fabinho, Hendo, Milner, Keita, Ox and Wijnaldum is likewise great. Maybe backed up by Grujic.

Defence is fine if Gomez can stay clearer of injuries, as long as we get the backup LB.

With the money we've made, plus 30 to 40 incoming from sales, we really should be able to push the boat out for that new forward. Whether we will or not, though...

How about a 15M Fekir to the mix too ?

You reckon Shaqiri is getting sold?
I know there's been reports he's unable to adapt to Klopp's football but I'd like him to stay as he does offer something different. Unless we swap him for someone better (Fekir if his knees aren't fucked?)

Agree with everything you said otherwise. No need to sell anyone, get Pepe, a backup LB and someone to compete with Firmino we're pretty much good to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom