• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

UEFA u21 Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Arne Riise@Johnariise3
11m
Mange på U21 som virkelig viser de holder A nivået. Skal bli moro å følge disse spillerne de neste årene

Google translate: Many of the U21 that really shows they hold A level. Should be fun to follow these players over the next few years

Michael Wade ‏@swade1234 1m
@Johnariise3 fuck off you

John Arne Riise ‏@Johnariise3 46s
“@swade1234: @Johnariise3 fuck off you”back at ya

England are so rubbish. I don't understand how pearce has managed to keep his job for this long.

Great game by Norway.
England arent good enough and Pearce is clueless.
We wanted to win while the England players looked like they want the tournament to end so that they can go on their holidays.

To be fair to Pearce the FA idiotically allowed the squad to be weakened so much there was little hope for any manager. But, yes, Pearce is clueless.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22738219

_67977390_england-u21_mins-played-bar.png

In 2005, 10.33% of the minutes played by Premier League players was by under-21s, the highest figure of Europe's big five leagues. In eight seasons it has dropped to 4.45%, lower than all its major competitors.

According to research by the CIES Football Observatory, when English under-21s are considered, the figure falls to 2.28% for last season, the lowest it has ever been. Only 35 English under-21s played in the Premier League last season, also a new low.

Some envious glances have been cast towards Germany where not only did the Bundesliga's two top teams - Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund - contest the Champions League final last season, but also the percentage of playing time for national under-21 players was almost three times the amount of the Premier League.

Former Tottenham manager and technical director Pleat recognises that the Germans have benefitted from the Bundesliga and the national association (DFB) working more closely together than their English counterparts. But he also believes that outside the top two the standard is inferior to England's top flight.

In that sense if players do break through, then they have every chance of making it to the top of the game.

As Pleat says: "It's nothing to do with the players, we have some very good ones, but it's about opportunity."

To be fair to Pearce the FA idiotically allowed the squad to be weakened so much there was little hope for any manager. But, yes, Pearce is clueless.

Yes, I agree regarding the squad. But as a manager in general he's hopeless.
His stint at City should have been his last...

Italy smashed Israel 4-0 (I guess that's a very flattering scoreline for the Israelis, it should have been 8!) ... Unless something crazy happens on TUesday, Italy & NOrway go through from that group.

I'll be honest Stu – I'd have to be bored to the point of suicide to watch England U21s. If they were playing in my garden I'd pull the blinds.

Can the coaching/tactics be *that* bad that up & coming players like Zaha, Shelvey, Ince etc can show nothing?

It's not really the tactics.

They're a bunch of selfish pre-madonna (!) fuckwits who have no idea how to play in a team.

Holland 5-1 Russia

Holland are a fantastic team ... the last game (Holland-Spain) of the group should be fantastic ...

Germany-Spain in 40 minutes

It's not really the tactics.

They're a bunch of selfish pre-madonna (!) fuckwits who have no idea how to play in a team.

Did you see the game Ross? You're obvs right about the players, but England had 70% posession and created fuck all. Passed it around with no penetration at all.
Tactics had a lot to do with it aswell.

watching Germany v Spain - Spain are 1 goal up in the last minute with Germany about to leave the tournament.

Isco as everyone knows is a very good player, Tello looked decent too

Isco is a very good dribbler. He gets into the right areas, but then what?
Alcantara for me....

Isco is a very good dribbler. He gets into the right areas, but then what?
Alcantara for me....

I like how direct he is at times, it might not have worked out for him but it's fun to watch. For some reason I've never liked Thiago, it must be tough trying to get a game ahead of Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas.

I like how direct he is at times, it might not have worked out for him but it's fun to watch. For some reason I've never liked Thiago, it must be tough trying to get a game ahead of Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas.

Its a pity but Xavi and Alonso will probably retire after the world cup.

Am I the only one who find Tello very overrated?
Loads of pace but awful end product and bad decisions.

I was at the game.
I thought Isco was by far the best player. Fantastic dribbler and lots of creativity.
I thought Thiago was disappointing - people expected him to run the show, but he didn't. Wasn't impressed by Tello either.

The guy who impressed me was Asier Illarramendi who was excellent at CM/DM - destroying most of the German midfield play as well as showing creativity when going forward. I had known nothing about this guy, and I'm now reading that Real are watching him as Xabi's successor (similar background too) and other big clubs interested as well.

Assier Illarramendi
Asier Illarramendi: Scout Report

I was at the game.
I thought Isco was by far the best player. Fantastic dribbler and lots of creativity.
I thought Thiago was disappointing - people expected him to run the show, but he didn't. Wasn't impressed by Tello either.

The guy who impressed me was Asier Illarramendi who was excellent at CM/DM - destroying most of the German midfield play as well as showing creativity when going forward. I had known nothing about this guy, and I'm now reading that Real are watching him as Xabi's successor (similar background too) and other big clubs interested as well.

Assier Illarramendi
Asier Illarramendi: Scout Report

If you had paid attention to @Rosco, you'd have known about him months ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom