• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Utd bid for Bale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, Bale is a very good player, but every motherfucker seems to back off him in their half of the pitch, allowing him to put the benny hill music on, run in a straight line, then smack it. He doesn't seem to get the up close and personal attention someone like Suarez or a tricky player gets.
I'm guessing he probably is worth 60mill in todays market due to the sort of goals he scores, the amount he gets, and his 'image'.
Imagine Madrid with with him on one wing and the waiter on the other, and maybe zlatan the lazy cunt upfront, they'd shit goals.

Bale needs to get that inner ear problem sorted before he can be called a great player.

My point: They've no more looked in Bale's direction than they have in Suarez's.

Bottom line: Bale was brilliant for half of last season. Not even half. He didn't start playing well until February. To me, that doesn't make a player worth 60 million.

Which is why he won't accept their first offer, he knows Madrid have a keen interest in Bale and need to save face after missing out on Neymar. Levy will knock back the offer and see who else comes to the table, Real have much deeper pockets and he wouldnt be selling to a rival. I
In what way do you think spurs are a rival to Man Utd?

I think Bale is superb. The way he's progressed from flawed prodigy through various stages to last season's sudden emergence of a relentless goalscoring machine is eerily reminiscent of Cristiano Ronaldo at Man Utd. I'm not sure exactly what he's worth, but it's a shitload.

Bale is an exceptional player, I've said it for two seasons now.

I honestly expected barca or real to have snapped him up already.

Yup. Ok, maybe a bit more. He didn't start playing until after Christmas. Over-rated as fuck.

Don't get me wrong. He's a grea player and I'd love to have him at Anfield. But he's no Coutinho.

Honestly you think Coutinho is ahead of Bale? I'm a Liverpool fan but even I can see your view might be a tad red tinted here....

If only we'd loaded more debt on to the club and focused more on commercial activities, we could be just like Utd.

ajc.gif

Honestly you think Coutinho is ahead of Bale? I'm a Liverpool fan but even I can see your view might be a tad red tinted here....

I was exaggerating for effect. However, I do think Coutinho will be better than Bale in 5 years time.

Mourinho's Press conference in Malaysia today
Towards the end of the conference, Mourinho was asked about his squad. He gave a definitive, 'No chance,' when asked if either David Luiz or Juan Mata would be allowed to leave, before explaining our transfer dealings so far.

'We signed three players and recovered very important players we had on loan. Michael Essien was at Real Madrid, Kevin De Bruyne in Werder Bremen, Tomas Kalas in Vitesse and Romelu Lukaku in West Brom,' he said.

'Chelsea prepared itself well in the past by having players on loan where they could play regularly, so we signed three and paid for two but we have seven, so it's fantastic work this summer.'

In what way do you think spurs are a rival to Man Utd?

Spurs are trying to break into the top 4, Utd want to maintain their position in the top 4, therefore they are rivals. selling him outside of England simplifies the matter for Spurs

Spurs are trying to break into the top 4, Utd want to maintain their position in the top 4, therefore they are rivals. selling him outside of England simplifies the matter for Spurs
Yup. I think their supporters are kind of in the same boat as us. They're expecting to lose him either this season or more likely next summer, as we are with Suarez. We certainly don't want to strengthen a top 4 rival like Arsenal with a world class talent directly from us.

The day Spurs are a serious threat to Salford United will be a great day for us. It means Moyes is making a complete dog's arse of it and Salford are fucked.
If they want Bale and he wants to go there he will be a Utd player before the end of this transfer window.

I think Bale is superb. The way he's progressed from flawed prodigy through various stages to last season's sudden emergence of a relentless goalscoring machine is eerily reminiscent of Cristiano Ronaldo at Man Utd. I'm not sure exactly what he's worth, but it's a shitload.

He still looks like a bemused monkey though and plays for a bunch of cunts and has a truly irritating goal celebration. I fully expect him to be a Man Utd player if they bid high enough. Could see him on their left wing for a looooong time.

One of the reasons for that is that AVB basically set up the team so that Bale could do whatever he pleased.

It'd be interesting to see whether he'd be afforded the same freedom if he made the move to Madrid or Utd and if not, whether he could keeping impressing at the same level.

One of the reasons for that is that AVB basically set up the team so that Bale could do whatever he pleased.

It'd be interesting to see whether he'd be afforded the same freedom if he made the move to Madrid or Utd and if not, whether he could keeping impressing at the same level.

Hard to say but most intelligent managers will build a team around a world class talent, Ferguson mucked Tevez and Rooney around when it was clear Ronaldo was the star turn there, he was made exempt from any sort of defensive effort and told to basically do what he wanted to inflict as much damage as possible, Spurs seem to be following that template with Bale. Barca have done the same with Zlatan Villa and a few others marginalised in order to get the most from Messi. Im not saying Bale is as good as those two but its the smart move to make when you have a player who is pretty much uncontainable. We did much the same thing with Torres and reorganised the entire team to get the best out of him, but on a lesser scale

Whether Moyes would take that risk is hard to say, doubtful given his love of loading his teams with centre backs to stifle the opposition, anybody who signs Bale and doesnt give him license to get forward at every opportunity needs sacking

It'd be interesting to see what happens with baines, cos it's hard to imagine playing baines behind bale, as good as it'd be in some games you'd either stifle baines or leave yourself wide open at the back.

Still, if they could make it work it would be formidable. Baines is an incredible talent.

Spurs want 120m for him!

http://as.com/diarioas/2013/07/27/english/1374925494_737619.html

Real Madrid now know how much Gareth Bale will cost: 120 million euros. That is the prohibitive figure for which Tottenham Hotspur will sit down and negotiate with ‘Los Blancos’.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is aware that Bale is the dream target of Madrid president Florentino Pérez, who sees the Welshman as the icing on the cake to his plans for the team – and is prepared to dig very deep to take him to the Santiago Bernabéu. Levy is therefore holding out for a record sum for Bale, exceeding the 96 million euros paid by Madrid for Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009.

However, although senior figures at Real Madrid see Bale as the ‘galáctico’ of 2013, they are unwilling to bid as high as 120 million.

The other alternative offered by Tottenham is a fee of 100 million euros plus a player. The White Hart Lane club have their eye on Ángel di María (Madrid paid Benfica 30 million euros for the player in 2010). Manager André Villas-Boas is a keen admirer of the Argentina international. Furthermore, he is seen as the ideal replacement for Bale, should the Wales man leave. Di María believes that Bale’s arrival in the Spanish capital would reduce his first-team opportunities, and would not be against a move. However, Madrid feel that even 100 million would be an excessively high amount to pay.

Hahaha! 120 mill.
Bale is probably worth 70 mill when you look at some of the other transfers.

There's no way he's worth more than Ronaldo. If I was Madrid I'd forget about it and move on.

According to the guardian today Levy has dismissed a world record 86 million pound offer for him

Fucking hell that's huge, they must be serious about not selling at any price because its ridiculous to think they will get more for him than that.

If Madrid sign Bale for that sort of cash then we can forget about them bidding for Suarez

We should make a 95m pound offer for bale and then fail him in the medical. That will considerably bring his value down.

I don't really like the idea of Spurs having 80+million to burn. We are competing with them for fourth place....

Real Madrid offer Tottenham €60m + Di Maria + Coentrao for Gareth Bale, Levy wants €120m [AS]

Tottenham fans won’t be happy this Sunday as momentum appears to be building pointing Gareth Bale to a world record move to Real Madrid before the new season kicks off.
While the Mail on Sunday reports that “Gareth Bale cannot see himself wearing the white of Tottenham again”, over in Spain AS claim to have the skinny on the latest transfer negotiations between Los Blancos and the Lilywhites.
According to journalist Sergio Gomez, Real Madrid are offering Tottenham €60m in cash plus Angel Di Maria (valued at €30m) and Fabio Coentrao (valued at €20m) for Gareth Bale. The deal, according to Real Madrid, is worth €110m to Tottenham.
The news outlet then say that Spurs chairman Daniel Levy have rebutted that offer demanding €120m for Bale: which more than anything highlights that Tottenham do accept that their Welsh superstar does have a price at which they are willing to let him go.
At this point it is worth remembering what Bale’s agent Jonathan Barnett said to Spanish TV at the start of the summer.
Barnett said the following:
If someone like Mr Perez was interested in Bale it would be a great honour. And we would listen. We’re not speaking to anybody… Bale is better than Neymar. He’s proved himself better than Neymar. He’s proved himself in the best legue in the world.
I would hope that any club who wants him, wants him not because they lost Neymar. I would think he’d have to be their first choice… Listen, it’s crazy, but whatever Neymar cost, Gareth Bale is worth more.

Levy knows that Madrid will eventually increase their offer to get their man - they always do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom