• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Villa at Anfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it how players don’t even look at the goals before they shoot, they just know as Trent just showed.

Yet had he crossed it for the tap in he'd now have an assist and be well pleased ... instead he's inside stewing.

Only thing he is stewing about is that he missed. He’d have to be fucking blind not to see Jota. It’s just as fucking well the game was won!

Mane's been a bit streaky at times before, but his last poor spell was such a long time ago that it's easy to forget. He's now trying too hard instead of letting the force be with him, but he'll be back.

Nah. Not the way he gave up the ball today. He has a very poor game until that shot. And, the way we play, he has plenty of chances to shoot.

But isn't that the point? If you're going to be a liability anywhere in the team the worst place to be one is a defender...I would rather see him in midfield than defence as well...If we had done that and then instead bought a right-back (that Brighton kid for example) or played Neco.

So - two pre match threads, neither started by DB, no one merges them, no official match thread so the two evolve into parallel match threads, still no on merges them.

That is a pattern that must be repeated for every remaining match this season

I also wore a red sweater. I promise to do this as well.

Mane's been a bit streaky at times before, but his last poor spell was such a long time ago that it's easy to forget. He's now trying too hard instead of letting the force be with him, but he'll be back.

I agree with the trying too hard part but i fear he’s lost a little bit physically and this is the root of the problem. Maybe it’s post COVID weird preseason/ season thing, fingers crossed.

Well that felt good.

Some good points.

We look like we can score, although we weren't clinical. Big improvement on the last few months, where we didn't even look like scoring.

Bobby played well.

We did what we used to do week in week out. Grind teams down. We got scrappy after scoring so, a little fortunate perhaps, but nevertheless we were always dangerous. It will be a big boost to our confidence and keeps us in with a great shout of 4th.

Negatives. Gini was shit. Robbo poor except for the shot that led to the goal. Natbak made a few errors but we got away with them mostly. Another uncharacteristic error from Ali. Just needs his sensible beard back. What was he thinking?

So - two pre match threads, neither started by DB, no one merges them, no official match thread so the two evolve into parallel match threads, still no on merges them.

I also fired up the pizza oven again today, same as against Arsenal. And I couldn't post or pay 100% attention to the match due to this. This time using a 24 hour cold proof as recommended by some in this parish.

Anyway, pretty hammered now.

I won't be doing the same for Madrid, so we are fucked.

I also fired up the pizza oven again today, same as against Arsenal. And I couldn't post or pay 100% attention to the match due to this. This time using a 24 hour cold proof as recommended by some in this parish.

Anyway, pretty hammered now.

I won't be doing the same for Madrid, so we are fucked.
A few more details on cold proving when you sober up please.

You all owe me so much.

In fairness, I half assed this due to a lack of fridge space.

Made the dough yesterday, stored it on the front porch, might have dropped to fridge like temperature overnight for a while.

When I brought it back into the house I made another mistake, thought I could divide it into balls and let it sit, covered by another baking tray. This wasn't sufficient and 4 of the 8 balls formed a sort of crust. But fuck it, it's a learning curve and Liverpool won.

I did watch this after I'd made all my mistakes,

We probably need a pizza thread at this point.

Start it before Dreamie does and ruins pizzas forever for everyone!!!

I’ve experimented with pizza stones on the bbq with the hood down and the oven - missus makes the dough - I’m not allowed to eat pizza for another couple of months... but I am following this with much interest.

From top investor to top pizza chef!!!!

Can't argue with that, at all. But a player of his ability lacking confidence is far from rational.
Not after not scoring since I think it's January ? And 3 goals in the last 23 PL games (ave. 5 per season) ? My stats may be a little off as I can't be arsed checking ! However if they are then it's not by much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom