• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Weekend's Other Matches 2nd - 3rd Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that's not how xG works. It looks at the quality of chances, the opposition is irrelevant.

I'm loathe to use stats cos they often mean nothing in footy, but xG seems to simply reflect what you're 'seeing watching the match.

Utd under Ole for his first 19 games is a great example, cos xG was saying they weren't conceding anywhere near as many as they should be usually based on how they were defending, & were scoring more than they should be based on how well they were attacking.

They were things you could see watching them, but the results were saying otherwise.

I think as fans we're all inherently biased, & these stats in particular help us look at our teams performance in a more impartial fashion. They're not the be all & end all, obv, they are simply an indicator, & at the moment they indicate that we must improve our play or we will start dropping points.
Out of interest, what are Citys xG stats like ? I suspect they should indicate total dominance because that is what i see in every PL game they are involved in.

Out of interest, what are Citys xG stats like ? I suspect they should indicate total dominance because that is what i see in every PL game they are involved in.

EISklE9WkAEjjs7

As @kingbinny has just posted, it shows they do indeed dominate.

This makes sense, cos even in the games they've dropped points in, they've had loads of good chances & have dominated, just haven't put their chances away.

That's almost certainly unsustainable to expect that to continue over the course of 38 games, hence why we need to make the most of the lead & extend it if at all possible next week.

Chelsea fucking battering Watford here, only 2 nil but could be 4 or 5, they look very impressive this side, really makes you wonder how many younger players could have made it if the top sides were forced into playing them for an extended period alongside the established senior players.

As @kingbinny has just posted, it shows they do indeed dominate.

This makes sense, cos even in the games they've dropped points in, they've had loads of good chances & have dominated, just haven't put their chances away.

That's almost certainly unsustainable to expect that to continue over the course of 38 games, hence why we need to make the most of the lead & extend it if at all possible next week.

That is the problem, it has continued for a very long time, I would say for almost 2 seasons plus whatever part of the current season we are in, maybe not the full 38 games in each of those seasons but under Pep, they have been playing total domination football, and creating loads of chances - the percentages are so high in each game they play that it seems unlikely that they will come away from these games without a victory. Personally I hope we suffocate the shit out of them this season - every time we meet them. I want us to go in aggressive like we forced them last season at their home. We should go for utter killing next week fuck their players and fluffy skills, - we need to do that thing we did to Spurs for periods of that game last week - eat the cunts alive like a Chicken Zalfreizi - mother fucker cunts !!!!!

This Everton Spurs match is so low grade in terms of quality. Both teams devoid of confidence it seems.

This Everton Spurs match is so low grade in terms of quality. Both teams devoid of confidence it seems.

Jamie Carragher on commentary said "This is like a mid-table clash . . . . . or a bottom-of-the-table clash."

Thus endearing himself to the blue shite.

Poor the Ev.

Hahahahaha hahahahaha they are on course to get 34 points this season.

I didn’t think it was a pen. The initial foul is on Alli.
That's not what they were looking at. They were looking for a hand ball. There was a hand ball. In respect of what they were tasked to look at, they fucked it up yet again.

son petulantly fouls gomes, he's broken his leg ...
son is breaking down before he gets his red ...
horrible scenes.

Oh shit. Everton player's foot (Gomez) pointing the wrong way. Sickening incident.

Sounds bad. Radio saying people are crying etc. Obviously don't wish that on anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom