• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Weird problems with app & browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems to have done the trick working through Chrome but I have a not secure warning in the right side of the address bar with the https with a slash through
Yepp - the ip address isn't covered by our public SSL certificate, only our private one which isn't trusted by your browser.

Fair play to you Dee for persisting with fixing the issue.
You and Jono wil have statutes erected here when you leave the site.

They will go along side the statue of Sunny ( @Lippy ) but because they will be life size yours will be much smaller than his.;)
There will be a small one of John Fox there as well

• Haha
Reactions: dee
Hi Moron here same issues and same page, i tried clearing the cache on my phones browser and I get the "Page Could not be Loaded" message as someone posted earlier. So I can't access it seems from my mobile phone. On my work computer its fine, but that is through a VPN.
I fully understand of course that these problems seem to occur when Curtis scores a goal or does something good in a game.

Dee was looking into this on Discord as there were a few of us impacted; so far people impacted were in Ireland. Is that the same for you guys?

Wondering if @King Binny faces the same problem as well?
Yes. When I'm at home, I have no issue loading the site but when I'm outside I encounter this message:

1.jpg

Yes. When I'm at home, I have no issue loading the site but when I'm outside I encounter this message:

View attachment 3163
Oh don't you just love random IT 'glitches' :(

So DHSC has issues on home broadband but fine on mobile, whilst @King Bunny has the reverse.

The issue appears to be DNS propagation but yet to be proven. I've asked a few guinea pigs on our discord server to install a network analyser app to help get more facts. Install and test on the network that isn't working

1. Can one of you look at installing a network analysis app on your phone? THis one appears to be free https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.techet.netanalyzerlite.an&hl=en&gl=US&pli=1.
  2. If it is sound then once installed can you ping www.sixcrazyminutes.com and do a trace
  3. Please send screenshots of the output

@DHSC @King Binny The workaround at the moment is to us the 'naked' IP address (https://92.243.22.240) to get to the site whilst you are on a 'dodgy' network
I was expecting forcing the DNS on the device to use Google (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4) or Cloudflare (1.1.1.1 / 1.0.0.1) DNS services would resolve the prob but it didn't seem to

Ahhhhhh I'm an idiot. All my fault :(

Should be working now. For the techies out there it was IP6 routing that was misconfigured on our server

Should be working now. For the techies out there it was IP6 routing that was misconfigured on our server
For those that are non-techs this is a bit like Karius in the CL final type level error. But no worries - we don't pay for the privilege, to be on this site - so thanks @dee for resolving, and I can confirm that I can get into the site using my cheap Android phone's chrome browser.

Of course one has to question why @dee had to have this issue when Curtis had a good game ?

Please don't call yourself an idiot!

Thankful to have you troubleshoot. It works now!!!

Oops, see that we have a solution!
Indeed we do.

I find it mildly amusing that the problem seemed to be mainly limited to Ireland and Singapore given only more modern "future proof" networks would have an issue with my misconfig. The RotW languishing in the old world of IP4 was fine

I'm going to lock this thread now so that new problems are forced into a new thread

Ahhh of course it always the most obvious resolutions.. allowing IPv6 AAAA records to resolve correctly.. well played for sorting.

Makes sense why it working for some and not others..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom