• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Weird problems with app & browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombrown

Resident grammar Trot
Haven't been able to access the app today, get a message saying the requested page could not be loaded.

Also when I try to access the forums on any browser other than my default, on my laptop or phone, I get "This site cannot provide a secure connection" (to be sure I type in https://www.sixcrazymimutes.com/ and still got the same.
On my default browser (Firefox), where I am logged into SCM, all is fine.

Any ideas?

I am having a similar problem and can't access this site through my home wifi.
I have to use my phone data.

Haven't been able to access the app today, get a message saying the requested page could not be loaded.

Also when I try to access the forums on any browser other than my default, on my laptop or phone, I get "This site cannot provide a secure connection" (to be sure I type in https://www.sixcrazymimutes.com/ and still got the same.
On my default browser (Firefox), where I am logged into SCM, all is fine.

Any ideas?

This had me scratching my head for ages.. the link you provide is.. https://www.sixcrazymimutes.com notice the M in minutes..

However I'm sure that's a typo regardless..

We changed IP this morning..

Try clearing your browser cache, cookies and site settings for this site

If using the app.. uninstall then re-install.

Im not experiencing this issue.. however.. Could be propagation to new IP for your ISP.. some browsers use preloading which utilise alternative dns resolvers such as Chrome can with Google DNS (im seeing that working fine)

try toggling that setting in the browser in question if the above clearing of crap fails..

Last edited:
I am having a similar problem and can't access this site through my home wifi.
I have to use my phone data.

You ISP provider may be using a dns provider that's has not yet fully propagated.. try adding custom dns to your IP settings on your phone like googledns or opendns, or enable preloading feature in chrome..

Last edited:
App ok this morning. Now Firefox access on my laptop not up, will clear cache later, but all good.

I'm assuming, as both phone & laptop on same WiFi network and DNS configured in router, that changing DNS won't help now ... but I stand to be corrected

The m was a typo; the thing that lets down my grammar enthusiast (won't use the word nazi) persona is my complete inability to type coherently ...

You ISP provider may be using a dns provider that's has not yet fully propagated.. try adding custom dns to your IP settings on your phone like googledns or opendns, or enable preloading feature in chrome..
Sorry Jono but I haven't a clue what that means.
With my extensive i.t. knowledge I decided to turn the router off and then on again.
The SCM page opened as normal first time and I was able to see my alerts in a drop down but once I clicked on a link for another page I got a nocando massage

More seriously, we have Gerry struggling too. He's been messaging us on the discord server.

I've just re-started the web service on our side, just in case it was something related to us. Please let me know if that cured it either way.

Out at the moment. I'll get back to you when I get home

1. I've re-checked our DNS records on Gandi and 100%
  2. I've re-checked the server side IP/SSL settings and all ok
  3. I've re-started apache
    Maybe I need to refresh the certs ? Done anyway.
    Can't think of anything else

Okay. Cleared cache and started again. Initially worked for opening four or five pages and then got the same " page could not be loaded" message

So Phone + home wifi - not working
Phone + data - working

correct?
No laptop being used?
I tired the laptop with the home wifi.
It opened a few pages before giving me the error message.
I'm now on my phone using data

I done a ping from the router to sixcrazyminutes and have 3 packets transmitted, three packets received, 0% packet loss

Still getting the Apache message

1706447868194.png

in you network adapter TCPIP 4 settings in control panel under dns apply google dns 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

and try again..

I did say in another thread.. check to see if you have some safebrowsing family shit (bloat) enabled on your router..

You can also change the dns on the router.. depends if the ISP hasn't locked it down or not.. but in the main.. you should be able to do this..

I don't use ISP routers.. I Provide my own and connect using PPPOE.. will be under Internet settings... usually on any router.. in there you will be able to set your own dns settings..

I tried uploading a photo of the message from the ping test but i am getting a file to big to upload message. I pinged both the door and the ip address with seemingly similar results

in you network adapter TCPIP 4 settings in control panel under dns apply google dns 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

and try again..

I did say in another thread.. check to see if you have some safebrowsing family shit (bloat) enabled on your router..

You can also change the dns on the router.. depends if the ISP hasn't locked it down or not.. but in the main.. you should be able to do this..

I don't use ISP routers.. I Provide my own and connect using PPPOE.. will be under Internet settings... usually on any router.. in there you will be able to set your own dns settings..
Sorry Jono but that's beyond my capabilities.
I have a virgin hub 3 and I can't see anything in it too slow me to do what you are saying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom