• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

We're not good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does unfortunately, but you can't ignore that a lot of dough was wasted. Another way to get us back in the big time would be to bring Rafa back. You know It would work, but I digress, I have a good feeling about the northern one

I know and I agree.

Sorry Mark. But I did read your post and every one of the comments marked in read is incredibly premature. We have until August before the transfer windows closes, and every one of those comments could be proved right, wrong or even somewhere in the middle. What we do with Suarez and (if necessary) how we replace him will be a massive test of our club and we should at least wait until after that decision is made before heaping praise or criticising how the club is run.

I said they deserve some acknowledgement for recent activity, we HAVE spent well and we HAVE been backed well.

So let me get this straight, we can't do that because we have to wait and see the outcome of a player who's spat his dummy out, something that's merely a possibility at present? "We can't say they've done well until they deal with this and show what they do with the money". Really? What then? "We can't say they've done well until replacement player X has proven himself over X amount of time"? Are people really that desperate to dumb down what we're trying to do? Every half-cocked piece of bad press is taken as gospel, but fuck me, give them a bit of credit for what they've done and what they're trying to do and it's premature bollocks that we've all heard before.

Like I said, read the post, it's not premature, it's an acknowledgement of where we're at and what we're trying to do, I didn't say we've made it, that's just a vibe you've taken from the post, like I said in my original reply, it wasn't intended as an "everything is brilliant" type of post, I said as much in my replies where I gave a few points of caution.

Sturridge and Coutinho were good buys, Borini could yet prove so, we've spent probably beyond most peoples expectations, and I like the "idea". I think that's fair enough, I haven't painted the fucking town red.,

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk...ionships-99623-33498802/#.UcQvN_Pp-Tx.twitter

Liverpool have had mixed fortunes with previous major squad overhauls. Back in the summer of 1999, Gerard Houllier prefaced his first season in sole charge by bringing in seven players – Sami Hyypia, Vladimir Smicer, Titi Camara, Sander Westerveld, Stephane Henchoz, Erik Meijer and Dietmar Hamann.

Benitez’s biggest splurge came in the 2007 close season transfer window when he spent almost £45m on eight senior players in Lucas Leiva, Sebastian Leto, Fernando Torres, Andriy Voronin, Yossi Benayoun, Ryan Babel, Charles Itandje and Emiliano Insua.

The most players brought in during a summer, though, is the nine signed by Benitez and successor Roy Hodgson.

However, quantity didn’t necessarily result in quality – few of the incomings of Jonjo Shelvey, Milan Jovanovic, Joe Cole, Danny Wilson, Christian Poulsen, Brad Jones, Raul Meireles, Paul Konchesky and the re-signed Fabio Aurelio could be deemed a major success.

One possible area of concern for Liverpool supporters is that so few of Rodgers’ targets boast Premier League experience.

It can sometimes be a recipe hard to swallow; the most recent example of which saw Newcastle manager Alan Pardew admit his reliance on French talent was hampering his side in the wake of that St James’ Park drubbing to Liverpool.

“One of the problems I face with this group is not a language problem or a cultural problem,” said Pardew.

“It’s been one of inexperience on the pitch. We lacked experience on the pitch. We got ragged after the third goal and that’s not like one of my teams.”

Experience, though, doesn’t always count for everything, and Rodgers will point to the fortunes of several of his current players.

Despite no previous exposure to the English game, Philippe Coutinho has made an immediate impact since arriving from Inter Milan in the New Year.

And while well-versed in Premier League football, Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing both took more than a season before truly finding their feet at Anfield.

Character and confidence would seem just as important as pure talent.

I think its hard to say as of yet whether we are doing better in the market or not. Is being linked with a number of younger foreign players a good thing? Well yes in comparison with the Dalglish transfer debacle. Can we be optimistic? Why not, its been over twenty years already so fuck it.

There are a few troubling elephants in the room however, firstly we are pretty shit to start with and stopping outside the top four is corrosive on every level. Secondly the sheer number of players we are being linked with makes me very very suspicious about our intentions re Suarez. I think we should let Suarez know that he isn't going anywhere until we have securely re-attached the CL oxygen mask and for such a supposed hard nut he can stay and face the music for his own actions.

In short i wont be congratulating anyone at the club regardless of transfer dealings until we've got back up there.

All I know is that I'm no longer wondering if there's something I'm missing signing all that dross of the Summer of 2011. This new batch may be a mediocre bunch, but the price-tag so far is lower, so thanks BR. From what I can see when there's been large overhauls before, we've brought in 7-8 players and 3 have been good signings. So it feels like a 50% success thing.

All I know is that I'm no longer wondering if there's something I'm missing signing all that dross of the Summer of 2011. This new batch may be a mediocre bunch, but the price-tag so far is lower, so thanks BR. From what I can see when there's been large overhauls before, we've brought in 7-8 players and 3 have been good signings. So it feels like a 50% success thing.

Maths not your strong point?

Oh sorry 3.5 players usually work out... since we're dealing nowadays in percentages of players being bought due to ownership structures on human beings.

@StevePaulMartin: Lots of people at the club saying Rodgers' credibility has increased further this week due to his no nonsense approach to transfers. #lfc

@StevePaulMartin: Rodgers is alleged to have said that LFC's previous negotiating methods were pathetic. #LFC

@StevePaulMartin: @Jay82_LFC in every sense, mate. Particularly our no longer going back on our word!

@StevePaulMartin: @Jay82_LFC interesting to hear that the Allen fee was out of his control but that's all been changed now.

@StevePaulMartin: @Jay82_LFC he didn't want him immediately if it meant paying that. Others believed we needed him sooner.

Well apart from the fact that a) Rodgers knows nothing about how things worked before, b) Ian Ayre has been doing all the negotiations

It's great news from whoever this total nobody on twitter is.

We all know we've stopped ' backing the manager' as if they know everything - that's the big change

I agree with the opening post. The post season period is the ideal time to build optimism to the point of being blind. We then have the following nine months to be sceptical and pessimistic, it balances out.

We have a coherent plan and recruit to a system, something we haven't done since the Paisley days. The January window was the turning point for me. I thought Coutinho was a lightweight Brazilian failure and Sturridge was just a failure. If they carry out subsequent signings like that and I like to believe they will, thats how you make up ground on the so called bigger clubs relatively cheaply. There were signs that how the team was at the end of the season closed some of the gap on the teams above us.

Right now I feel we will spring out of the traps and be a serious contender next season. Personally its the most exciting summer for years.

Well apart from the fact that a) Rodgers knows nothing about how things worked before, b) Ian Ayre has been doing all the negotiations

It's great news from whoever this total nobody on twitter is.

We all know we've stopped ' backing the manager' as if they know everything - that's the big change

How could he not know how things were done before? Has no one told him we spunked £55m on Carroll and Downing?

Haha, Rossofailure.

Big money investment for average players, high wages for free transfers and average players.
Yeah, no one knows how we operated before.

Twitter is full of idiots but if you know who to follow there is some good and interesting info out there.

Haha, Rossofailure.

Big money investment for average players, high wages for free transfers and average players.
Yeah, no one knows how we operated before.

Twitter is full of idiots but if you know who to follow there is some good and interesting info out there.

None of that is to do with negotiation which is what your post specifically referred to. It's strategy.
None of that is new, interesting or anything out of the ordinary - Some of us have been saying it for fucking years at this point. And for Rodgers to be taking the piss out of our old strategy is quite funny considering his first two signings were products of a largely similar strategy.

I swear to god I'm going to set up a fucking twitter account. And direct every single tweet to you so you'll be ahead of the game in future.

Remember when people were telling you Downing was a stupid idea ? And you thought it was agood one - that's he strategy that Rodgers is allegedly taking the piss out of. One you supported at the time.

Maybe one day you'll learn how to think for yourself, instead of championing everything the club tries to do and decrying any journalist who says something you don't like as being unreliable.

@StevePaulMartin: Lots of people at the club saying Rodgers' credibility has increased further this week due to his no nonsense approach to transfers. #lfc

@StevePaulMartin: Rodgers is alleged to have said that LFC's previous negotiating methods were pathetic. #LFC

@StevePaulMartin: @Jay82_LFC in every sense, mate. Particularly our no longer going back on our word!

@StevePaulMartin: @Jay82_LFC interesting to hear that the Allen fee was out of his control but that's all been changed now.

@StevePaulMartin: @Jay82_LFC he didn't want him immediately if it meant paying that. Others believed we needed him sooner.

Sorry but I dont know who that is??

Mark do you think this success at attracting what seems like decent talent (we'll see) is down to this

"I came to the club because of the manager," explained Alberto. "I came here because of the style of football he plays. " Luis who just signed. Then, rather than being seen as the club not in the CL we are seen as the attractive playing club for spainiards and other fans of the pressing game.

Rodgers to be taking the piss out of our old strategy is quite funny considering his first two signings were products of a largely similar strategy.

To be fair, I think things have changed since those deals. Whether that's anything to do with Rodgers or not, no one knows, especially not these 400 hundred "in the know" Liverpool fans on twitter.

Mark do you think this success at attracting what seems like decent talent (we'll see) is down to this

"I came to the club because of the manager," explained Alberto. "I came here because of the style of football he plays. " Luis who just signed. Then, rather than being seen as the club not in the CL we are seen as the attractive playing club for spainiards and other fans of the pressing game.

Definitely. I guess word gets around too with Mourinho thinking highly of him after working with him, and as you say, the intent is obvious, I guess it's seen by some as an exciting project. I think the connections Rafa set up in terms of us having a strong Spanish link is also obviously a factor.

None of that is to do with negotiation which is what your post specifically referred to. It's strategy.
None of that is new, interesting or anything out of the ordinary - Some of us have been saying it for fucking years at this point. And for Rodgers to be taking the piss out of our old strategy is quite funny considering his first two signings were products of a largely similar strategy.

I swear to god I'm going to set up a fucking twitter account. And direct every single tweet to you so you'll be ahead of the game in future.

Remember when people were telling you Downing was a stupid idea ? And you thought it was agood one - that's he strategy that Rodgers is allegedly taking the piss out of. One you supported at the time.

Maybe one day you'll learn how to think for yourself, instead of championing everything the club tries to do and decrying any journalist who says something you don't like as being unreliable.

Why dont you just admit that you're an idiot, instead of writing all this? It would be much easier.

I can't win can I Hansern ?

Although it does kinda feel like I'm playing chess with a monkey who stuck his king up his arse.

Tbh, I couldnt really care. Its the same old arguments with Downing from 2 years ago.
How's the we should sell Suarez because he doesnt score any goals strategy working for you?

You're obsessed with being right and that you've got knowledge about the game that no one else has and I wouldnt be surprised if you've changed Footballs Wiki to invented by Ross.

Why bother commenting on the Twitter stuff if you dont like it? Just post somewhere else.
It might surprise you but you dont half know what you're talking about on here. But lets just leave it at that.
I'd like to discuss other things on here then the same boring stuff with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom