• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wes Sneijder - good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Wizzy by the way, how about the Cape Verde Islands holding the Saffers to a goalless draw? ;)

It pains me to say it, I've lost interest in the team a while ago (well before the world cup). They have different rules for different teams - and I think it's beyond ridiculous.

BBFhBkACEAAlsOx.jpg:large

RETURN TO YOUR HOMES !

I didn't realise he was that small, is he standing in a hole ?
Fucking hell Joe Allen would have pushed him around, I am glad we never got him now

I'm always surprised when players do things like this. It's like Eto'o rotting away in Russia (although not quite as bad).

I think it smacks of a player knowing he's on the decline.

Which is baffling when he's only 28, should still be in your prime at that age. Although maybe injuries have ruined him.

A player on his ability shouldn't be plying his trade in Turkey even if they're in the Champions League.

Why should he still be in his prime at 28?

Anyway I'm glad we've missed out on this lad, but I'm awaiting the inevitable stories about how it's all FSGs fault

Which is baffling when he's only 28, should still be in your prime at that age. Although maybe injuries have ruined him.

A player on his ability shouldn't be plying his trade in Turkey even if they're in the Champions League.

What about Dirk and Ming? They should be playing in better leagues, and yet, they're happy to play in Turkey ...

Apparently we would have had to pay him £210k a week to pay him the same after tax as Galatasaray. That's 11 million a year. He had the choice to play at one the worlds biggest clubs but chose the cash instead which tells you everything what is the main driver for this guy. I'm also glad we didn't sign him.

Im glad as he was waayyyy too expensive and i think he's lost his hunger for the game. His peak was during the time of mourinho. Since then he's failed to reach the same levels again on a consistent basis.

Why should he still be in his prime at 28?

Anyway I'm glad we've missed out on this lad, but I'm awaiting the inevitable stories about how it's all FSGs fault

Apparently we made an offer and he said no. I'm happy that we tried. Don't see how anyone could blame FSG for that.

It pains me to say it, I've lost interest in the team a while ago (well before the world cup). They have different rules for different teams - and I think it's beyond ridiculous.

So true. This joke I received earlier sums them up perfectly:

Judge to child: Do you want to live with your mother?
Child: No
Judge: Why?
Child: She beats me.
Judge: Okay, so you want to live with dad?
Child: No
Judge: Why not?
Child: He beats me too.
Judge: So who do you want to live with?
Child: BAFANA BAFANA (SA Football team)
Judge: WHY??
Child: They never beat anyone!!!!

We were correct to try to sign Sneijder as he is or at least used to be a world-class player. But it only made sense if he was prepared to show his hunger and ambition and take a big cut on his wages. That fact that Sneijder would rather earn more in Turkey than try to conquer the Premier League tells you everything you need to know about his priorities at this point. In the end it's a good thing we didn't get him and I give credit to whoever it was at the club who decided that we will not be taken hostage by Sneijder's wage demands. Liverpool should be a place for players who want to grow, not for players seeking comfortable retirement.

Personally thought it would've been an awesome bit of business on our behalf, but lets move on it's certainly not the end of the world. I really hope this means we are looking into other, younger, alternatives in the same mould as Sneijder, both when it comes to position and initial talent.

And as has been said perhaps he's never going to be the player he once was anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom