• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Where's 'Arry ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a Bluenose (Scouser, obv.) just now on Talksport, saying that Moyes is too shrewd to go to Spurs.

To be fair, it's as though we actively set out to get a shit manager. I doubt Spurs will fire Woy or someone of his calibre.

He has got them into the top 4 twice, whatever you may think of him, its an achievment.

For us this is great news

Just been mentioned on Talksport that, a compensation package is being discussed with Everton for Moyes

He has got them into the top 4 twice, whatever you may think of him, its an achievment.

For us this is great news

Just been mentioned on Talksport that, a compensation package is being discussed with Everton for Moyes
Probably makes sense for Everton as Moyes, with only one year left on his contract, is likely to walk away next year either way.

What was actually said was:

(To the Bluenose fan) What if I told you we understand a compensation package..etc.....?

I think it will be interesting to see how Moyes adapts to working outside of the strict parameters he had at Everton. There is no doubt he's a good manager, and the idea that he wouldn't jump at the chance to manage a club operating at a higher level than Everton is crazy. He'd crawl over broken glass to take that job.

Interesting if Martinez goes to Spurs, see how he gets on and hopefully feel the relief off dodging a bullet when they finish mid-table.

Massive risk by spurs, they only need to look at us (when we sacked rafa) to realise the grass isn't always greener on the other side.......

This is what I was referring to earlier when I said "being seen as a good manager".

Spurs are where they are because of the players they signed and sold long before Harry arrived.Decisions they made like selling Keane and Berbatov, when it was roundly said Spurs must lack ambition to sell their best players - note the bollocks that proved to be.

Look at Harry's signings, fucking shite by and large. The best signing during his time being one he knew nothing about when Levy went ahead and signed VDV without his knowledge.

Now if you want to credit Harry for being at Spurs when a number of players hit their peak, go ahead. I know he has control over how each one of them ages.

Spurs are where we were in 2008, where Villa where when O'Neill decided to jump ship. They've signed shite players for a few years and now they don't have money to cover their mistakes. They will suffer, regardless of whether they keep Harry. Football clubs generally rise and fall with their finances, the exceptions are the ones you can credit good managerial ability to but they're few and far between.

I'm told Rafa has been approached. Will be in at least one paper tomorrow I assume cos my source is from a journo.

This is what I was referring to earlier when I said "being seen as a good manager".

Spurs are where they are because of the players they signed and sold long before Harry arrived.Decisions they made like selling Keane and Berbatov, when it was roundly said Spurs must lack ambition to sell their best players - note the bollocks that proved to be.

Look at Harry's signings, fucking shite by and large. The best signing during his time being one he knew nothing about when Levy went ahead and signed VDV without his knowledge.

Now if you want to credit Harry for being at Spurs when a number of players hit their peak, go ahead. I know he has control over how each one of them ages.

Spurs are where we were in 2008, where Villa where when O'Neill decided to jump ship. They've signed shite players for a few years and now they don't have money to cover their mistakes. They will suffer, regardless of whether they keep Harry. Football clubs generally rise and fall with their finances, the exceptions are the ones you can credit good managerial ability to but they're few and far between.

So he should take credit for esnuring players hit thier peak?

If they sold Bale and Modric tomorrow they would have £60 million minimum, decent enough for a rebuild. Players he has helped develop.

So he should take credit for esnuring players hit thier peak?

If they sold Bale and Modric tomorrow they would have £60 million minimum, decent enough for a rebuild. Players he has helped develop.

Yeah, full credit to him for keeping them alive.

Noooooooo.jpg

*nicks the fuck off*

I think Redknapp is a good man manager - he always seems to have teams that really want to play for him

I'm far from a fan of 'Arry's but he does deserve some credit for the success he's had despite the money spent . He won the FA Cup with portsmouth and got spurs in the top 4 twice which they hadn't been close to doing for yrs and yrs .

Anyway he's off back to the second hand car lot for a while .

I'm far from a fan of 'Arry's but he does deserve some credit for the success he's had despite the money spent . He won the FA Cup with portsmouth and got spurs in the top 4 twice which they hadn't been close to doing for yrs and yrs .

Anyway he's off back to the second hand car lot for a while .

Fan of 'Arry. Not 'fan of 'Arry's'.

Sorry - back on topic.

Spurs are going to fall apart, they can kiss goodbye to their star men, this will just be the excuse they are looking for - and I hope they get fucking Moyes that will fuck Everton up too.
Moyes is good in his niche at Everton getting the best out of a team with loan deals and fuck all money, I don't think having money to spend and dealing with a squad of top players is himor that he would know how to deal with it all

For
Spurs are going to fall apart, they can kiss goodbye to their star men, this will just be the excuse they are looking for - and I hope they get fucking Moyes that will fuck Everton up too.
Moyes is good in his niche at Everton getting the best out of a team with loan deals and fuck all money, I don't think having money to spend and dealing with a squad of top players is himor that he would know how to deal with it all
For Moyes, read Rodgers?

Whilst you have a (semi) point re the signings they've made, you've done your usual thing of implying that all a Manager can be judged by is the work he does in the transfer market. They were in last place when he took over ross, and he took them into the Top 4 2 years in a row, and got them playing Champions League football - something they'd never ever down before.

Why don't you focus on the job he did with the team he had?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom