• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Who do you miss the most? (Injured players)

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who do you miss the most of our injured players?

• Thiago

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Trent

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Jota

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Matip

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Allison

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Jones

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Gravenberch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well the first goal eases the tension right? Forces the opposition to move up cause they can't really defend a loss. So it's an important contribution. Just like his contributions against Chelsea too.

Screenshot-2024-03-06-16-50-00-527-com-brave-browser-edit.jpg

Goal or assist in every league game since he got back from injury except the Arsenal game.
Pretty significant imo.
Sure but again in games we're scoring 3 or 4 in, having a 1 goal contribution bar the Bournemouth game isn't a player carrying an entire teams attack is it?

Nunez also has a goal or assist in his last 7 Prem games bar the Arsenal game where he came on.....we don't go labelling him as someone who's carrying our attack do we? Same could be said about Mo prior to AFCON.

Sure but again in games we're scoring 3 or 4 in, having a 1 goal contribution bar the Bournemouth game isn't a player carrying an entire teams attack is it?

Nunez also has a goal or assist in his last 7 Prem games bar the Arsenal game where he came on.....we don't go labelling him as someone who's carrying our attack do we? Same could be said about Mo prior to AFCON.
Penalty against Newcastle
Penalty against Chelsea
Several goal involvements.

I repeat he carried our attack.

Penalty against Newcastle
Penalty against Chelsea
Several goal involvements.

I repeat he carried our attack.
Ok? He's not the only one of our forwards that have won pens and he's 3rd in our "goal involvements" from all our forwards.

You have a strange take on what a player carrying an attack looks like, take a look what Bowen is doing at West Ham or even Watkins at Villa to a lesser extent and then you'll see.

Of your list, Jota I think... or maybe Jones as he makes a huge difference to our midfield. But the listoverlooks the fact that Endo, Darwin & Salah have all either only returned for 20 mins or not at all yet.

Ok? He's not the only one of our forwards that have won pens and he's 3rd in our "goal involvements" from all our forwards.

You have a strange take on what a player carrying an attack looks like, take a look what Bowen is doing at West Ham or even Watkins at Villa to a lesser extent and then you'll see.
Does it account for games played?
Also, did I say he's been carrying our attack all season?
It's funny though how you were championing Nunez during his Donkey phase and this guy is producing basically every game but saying he carried us during Jan/Feb is blasphemy somehow.

Of your list, Jota I think... or maybe Jones as he makes a huge difference to our midfield. But the listoverlooks the fact that Endo, Darwin & Salah have all either only returned for 20 mins or not at all yet.
Nope, like I wrote its long-term injured and I also mentioned that Salah is back and would be too obvious.

Nope, like I wrote its long-term injured and I also mentioned that Salah is back and would be too obvious.

Maybe.... Szobo missing too.

Anyway. It's a stark reminder we lost a huge amount of players the past 2 months, hopefully enough come back for City for it not to matter.

Football Insider examines the stats which could see the Uruguay international binned for Jota when a new manager comes in.

Jota stats embarrass Nunez – Uruguayan has missed 22 big chances this season

The Portugal international has notched 14 goals and four assists in 28 appearances across all competitions this term, but only 18 of those outings have come as part of the starting lineup.

As per FBRef, Jota has contributed (scored or assisted) to 1.03 goals per league 90 this season – the 10th-most in Europe’s big five leagues and comparable to the likes of Harry Kane and Erling Haaland.

Meanwhile, Nunez has recorded 0.77 expected goals per league 90 this season – among the highest figures in Europe – but has managed just 0.57 goals per Premier League game in reality (per FBRef).

On the other hand, Jota (per FBRef) has scored 4.6 more league goals than expected this season – the most clinical campaign of his career so far.

He has recorded the second-most goal-creating actions per game (dribbles, passes and drawing fouls) in Europe’s big five leagues (1.12 per 90) – behind only Paris Saint-Germain star Ousmane Dembele (1.20 per 90).

As per the Premier League, Nunez has missed 22 big chances in top-flight games this term – while Jota has spurned just two.

Personally, I'd be happy with a dovetail of Nunez and Jota. Providing that's how the new manager plays

Back
Top Bottom