• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who will become 1st team regular?

bluebell

Well-Known
Danns, Bradley, Maconnel, Clark, Morton and Koumas. I think Quansah is 3rd choice CB. So who will be the next Quansah, and be thought of as 1st teamer. I think you could make the argument Bradley is already there.

Bradley is our backup RB and he's 21 years old, same as Quansah. He's technically not a kid anymore.

I honestly think it's Danns. He's got the size, the skill and the attitude.

Clark and McConnell should both go out on loan. They need regular football.

Morton...I don't know. Feels like he'd be more dominant in the Championship if he's going to make it at LFC.

Bajcetic is still our best teenager though.

Last edited:
I think you could make the argument Bradley is already there.
Yep.

At this moment, only Bradley. As quickly as Quansah has stepped up I've seen some glaring weaknesses (in the USG, Sparta away games and Burnley at home) which could hold him back from being a regular.

Then again we've only really seen enough of Bradley and Quansah to really judge. Should Xabi come in, his 3 at the back system would certainly give a better chance for Quansah but I really think the likes of Gordon Koumas Clark Mcconnell etc is purely down to the Klopp effect. No chance they all see this amount of game time at the same time next season.

Also hold high hopes for Doak.

Bradley is our backup RB and he's 21 years old, same as Quansah. He's technically not a kid anymore.

I honestly think it's Danns. He's got the size, the skill and the attitude.

Clark and McConnell should both go out on loan. They need regular football.

Morton...I don't know. Feels like he'd be more dominant in the Championship if he's going to make it at LFC.

Bajcetic is still our best teenager though.

Has to be danns for me. seems to have every attribute klopp loves, and for a kid he's still physically imposing. If the breakkthrough isn't this season, it would be interesting to see what the new gaffer does

I love Clark, i don’t want him out on loan i think he fits our style well. He can grow into the team in the same way Curtis did.

McConnell needs a loan i think, and same for a few of Koumas, Czech Messi and Gordon.

Yep.

At this moment, only Bradley. As quickly as Quansah has stepped up I've seen some glaring weaknesses (in the USG, Sparta away games and Burnley at home) which could hold him back from being a regular.

Then again we've only really seen enough of Bradley and Quansah to really judge. Should Xabi come in, his 3 at the back system would certainly give a better chance for Quansah but I really think the likes of Gordon Koumas Clark Mcconnell etc is purely down to the Klopp effect. No chance they all see this amount of game time at the same time next season.

Also hold high hopes for Doak.
Don’t know how anyone can be anything other than over the moon with Quansah. Of course he's got things to learn but not every defender is going to have the pace of Virgil. He literally just played against the best striker in the world, in probably the Premier Leagues strongest ever side and didn’t look out of place. He’s 21.

Clark Quansah Bradley and Baj should be squad players easily.

I think Gordon will be sold eventually.

I don't see anything in Doaks, I have more hopes for McConnell, Danns and Koumas. But they all have time on their hands, obviously.

Quansah and Bradley are absolutely part of the 1st team now. Maybe they're not week-in, week-out starters when everyone is fit, but they're deffo in the squad.

I'm not sure about Clark; despite having been solid and impressing, I think without the numerous injuries he's got too many people ahead of him to say he's regularly on the bench even.

Morton, McConnell and Bajetic are all maybes - we absolutely have a need for depth at DM, but whether any of them prove to be the solution remains to be seen, I don't think I've seen enough of them to make a judgement.

Danns is in the same boat for me - whilst he's obviously impressed, it's way too early to say whether he can maintain that level. The cute dinked finish speaks to a maturity and composure beyond his years, and when he's played he's not looked like a boy against men, but he's got how many senior minutes? Not enough to go on

Yes
Bradley, Quansah and Bajcetic are already integral members of the squad with very bright futures ahead.

Maybe
Morton : a real player, quality, However good enough for LFC? There's a long queue ahead of him which makes me doubt his chances here.
Danns : looks every inch a major prospect. However, he needs more time and experience : Jury's out.

Doubtful
Clark - there are good signs but I'm not sure enough to make it at LFC. Will forge a decent PL career elsewhere.
McConnell - no chance at LFC. Will forge a decent PL career elsewhere.
Doak is being forgotten because he's been injured but he is a very talented winger. He needs more time and experience (loan) : Jury's out.

Completely unknown
Gordon - have no idea because he's hardly put a foot on the turf.
Koumas - nowhere near enough game time to judge.

Bajcetic was superb before his injury. Hope it’s not affected him too much going forward.

Isn't he training now with 1st team as opposed to isolation?
Probably be ready after international break.

He’s so out of practice i can’t imagine him getting any proper PL mins this season but hopefully get gets fit and is useful in the EL then ready for next season.

On pure talent I think Bajcetic and Gordon are the best, but they've both had big injury issues so it's hard to say with them. Particularly Gordon, cos he's just missed so much at an important age.

I'd say maybe Doak is next in terms of raw potential.

Clark, Morton and McConnell are all technically great but lack athleticism. Not a deal breaker but makes it harder for them. Could maybe see one of the three making as at least a squad player.

On actual minutes played I'd say Danns has been the most convincing, but like others have said, it's such a small sample that it's hard to know how sustainable it is. But given that he's physically ready and we actually need a forward, then I'd say he's got the best chance, maybe besides Bajcetic.

On pure talent I think Bajcetic and Gordon are the best, but they've both had big injury issues so it's hard to say with them. Particularly Gordon, cos he's just missed so much at an important age.

I'd say maybe Doak is next in terms of raw potential.

Clark, Morton and McConnell are all technically great but lack athleticism. Not a deal breaker but makes it harder for them. Could maybe see one of the three making as at least a squad player.

On actual minutes played I'd say Danns has been the most convincing, but like others have said, it's such a small sample that it's hard to know how sustainable it is. But given that he's physically ready and we actually need a forward, then I'd say he's got the best chance, maybe besides Bajcetic.
Gordon?

I really hope so.
On form, it's just pure entertainment watching him play. Taking on defenders, technique dribbling and shooting. He's got the basics.
What I believe he lacks is pace. He's quicker than Elliott but slower than Salah.
He's one of those I players I think will excel if he's sent out on loan.
I honestly think Clark, Gordon and McCollum should all play a full season on loan in the championship. It'll do them a lot of good.

Gordon?

I really hope so.
On form, it's just pure entertainment watching him play. Taking on defenders, technique dribbling and shooting. He's got the basics.
What I believe he lacks is pace. He's quicker than Elliott but slower than Salah.
He's one of those I players I think will excel if he's sent out on loan.
I honestly think Clark, Gordon and McCollum should all play a full season on loan in the championship. It'll do them a lot of good.

He doesn't lack pace. At least, he didn't. I've barely seen him play since 2022.

Tough to call. I would not write off any of them and how their careers pan out will be interesting.

I'd go for Danns and Bajcetic, although the later may need a loan to bring him back up to speed. Klopp seems to rate Clarke very highly, so I wouldn't bet against him either. There's some similarities with a young Mason Mount.
McConnell is very good on the ball, but I'm not sure he's athletic enough to make it at the top end of the PL.
Hull are an outside shot of getting themselves into the PL via the play offs. It would be really helpful if they they could make it and we continue our loan dealings with them. Regardless, getting any of them regular game time in a side at the top end of the Championship will benefit all of them.

A few years ago I sawe Morton live in a youth game and he was comfortably the best player on the park. Both him and Bajcetic have a reasonable pathway into the first team at six.

The new manager might keep him around

I reckon he was one of the Edwards/Ward picks rather than Intensity Pep or even Klopp.

I think you’re right, he’ll likely get a chance prove his worth - there’s talent there for sure.

Back
Top Bottom