• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who would be in your top 5 - Current 2020 Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Astaire

Member Of 'The Toilets At The Harry Fan Club..
This is actually fucking hard because as we all know this is an incredibly special team - Certainly the best LFC team I've ever seen. So let's go. I was going to do a poll or something but couldn't be arsed to figure it out. I guess we all like different players for different reasons so it would be good if you gave a reason why you picked the players in your top five. I'll go first. I forsee incredulity, ridicule and some smart arse saying I must be back on the pop. (I'm not - It's all about the smack these days)

5. Milner - An absolute steal for one thing. Proper professional. I love that he rocked up to encourage the youth team in that FA cup tie. Funny as fuck and seems humble, very self-deprecating. I suspect (based on not much) that he would make a good pundit when he retires. He just seems like the team glue that holds it all together.

4. Hendo - Our Captain and what an amazing one he is. I'm actually a little sheepish about including him here because every Red that knows anything about footy would have him as a shoe in. I'll admit it took me time to come around. He absolutely proves that that in regards to the intricacies I know fuck all - He's a leader and a fucking good one. 2020 PL player of the year? Absolutely!

3. Trent - Such a smart, articulate lad. A red through and through. He has that very unique ability to do something utterly amazing and make it look effortless. He literally has everything. hat Barca set up! THAT will be talked about for fucking years and what makes it funny is that it comes as no surprise. The future is bright and he is a very big reason for that.

2. Virgil Van Dyke - The big man. The absolute epitome of class. Calm, direct, a leader, technically outstanding. Of course you remember his debut. I remember watching it and it was so clear (even to a footy numpty like me) that he was so special. Everything just synced into place. Suddenly everyone around him just naturally stepped and up and played better. I can't remember what game it was but there was he was tracking back (full of supreme pace) and shuttled the other guy onto his weaker foot when he clean through. I mean.... What the fuck!

1. Andy Robertson - Possibly one of my favourite ever players to put on the red shirt. Hopefully not a completely absurd choice. I'll admit that making him my number one might seem a little strange but for me he sums up pretty much everything I love about our club. Drive, desire, a leader, loves to mix it up and fuck off the opposition while grinning and clearly loving every second of his time on the pitch and at the club. That Mane/Rafinha payback was him encapsulated. His mad pressing against City when he ran his bollocks off chasing down the ball - That probably had Klopp pulling his hair out but grinning like a schoolboy at the same time. He was bought from Hull for peanuts and in just two years he is arguably the best left back in the world and Captain of Scotland. What's funny is that no-one saw it coming. Well I fucking didn't and from memory no-one here did either.
Well there's my list. No Allison! No Salah, Bobby or Mane! Arghhhhhh Gomez, Gini! Special team?! You fucking know it. :) Your turn!

Salah
VVD
Alisson
Trent
Mane

Salah and Mane because their pace and goals are essential.

VVD and Alisson because together they transform the defence into the strongest part of the team.

Trent because he's so crucial to our creativity.

5 most important players for me would be Alisson, Virgil, Trent, Robertson, Salah.

VVD and Alisson have transformed our defence so they are in first. Our fullbacks are so important to how Klopp has us play and create so they have to be in. I love Mane but Salah just nudges it for me. Such a great outlet and deadly when given the space.

1. Mane - for two reasons, just how good he is and the type of person he is. Barca were terrified of him last year even without Salah on the other wing.

2. TAA - I just think he's as talented a footballer as I've ever seen. He's way more important to us than any other fullback the world is to their team. And he's going to get better.

3. Allison - I never thought I'd see anyone better than peak Reina. This lad is better.

4. Robertson - we didn't buy this Robertson. We bought a player who didn't play ahead of Moreno for the first half of 17/18. I think he's developed dramatically - particularly physically - and that's why few can claim to be as good as he is.

5. VVD. He's a rare breed. 6'4, quick, tremendous defensively, excellent on the ball, and knocks in the odd header from a corner too. A complete player.

Salah
VVD
Alisson
Trent
Mane

VVD and Alisson because together they transform the defence into the strongest part of the team.

Yeah, that's the five. Robertson, Henderson and Firmino would probably be next.

Salah
VVD
Alisson
Trent
Mane

This.

Robertson for TAA is a fair shout - but I think TAA has more to his game & Robbo would definitely be next in line.

Bobby, for me, would be after that - although he’s not had a great season he’s a joy to watch when he’s on form - he’s capable of doing the impossible.

Salah
VVD
Alisson
Trent
Mane

I would go with this too. In 5 years, Trent will probably be #1 on the list.

1. Trent - the Scouser in our team, the tormentor of many defenders and also now up there positionally with the best defenders
  2. Mane - the first world class player to join us out of this crop of players. He changed the dynamic and let us sign Salah (imo)
  3. Van Dijk - the rock, the colossus, the Rolls Royce, the player who we notice most if he has an off day. He took us to a new level in like a month
  4. Hendo - the odd one out. The forgotten man. The one getting all the shite on Twitter, took on the captaincy from our best ever player and endured all that to lead us to a new Big Ears and on the cusp of getting #19
  5. Salah - to leave him out is to lie about how good he has been. Posting numbers above Owen, Fowler, Torres, Suarez? The lad is out on his own in a sea of former talent, and still he only gets here in fifth place in mine. That alone sums up what a team we have for me

Most answers are along the lines of best/most important. I think the OP was asking about personal favourites.

For most important I'd go: Van Dijk, Mane, Salah, Alisson,Henderson

For those I (would) love to see succeed: Keita, Mane, Oxlade, Hernderson, Firmino. Keita - at Leipzig-level influence, would raise our game another level, which is why I (incresingly desperately) want to see him succeed.

Most answers are along the lines of best/most important. I think the OP was asking about personal favourites.

For most important I'd go: Van Dijk, Mane, Salah, Alisson,Henderson

For those I (would) love to see succeed: Keita, Mane, Oxlade, Hernderson, Firmino. Keita - at Leipzig-level influence, would raise our game another level, which is why I (incresingly desperately) want to see him succeed.

Indeed I was - The importance to the team etc is a factor but I was thinking more about the players who for whatever reason you just really like. That's why I didn't include Salah or Mane. Both of whom are extremely important and world-class of course but I don't know..... Probably because I have a feeling that when one of those Spanish clubs come knocking they'll be off -That is a massive unfounded assumption but well it's just a feeling. Bobby as well is amazing at what he brings to the team but it fucks me off that after 4 years his English is still shite and Klopp has to give him tactical talks in German because he found the time to learn that! The one I was most gutted about leaving out was Alisson. I really love the guy - Boss guitar player too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom