• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

who

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Mors link=topic=33639.msg872780#msg872780 date=1243009284]
[quote author=StevieM link=topic=33639.msg872657#msg872657 date=1242993647]
It's a waste of time, effort and money spending 12m odd on Johnson. He's no where near worth it.

I also disagree with Spider Neils point regar5ding Darby. There's a reason he was given a new contract this year. I think hje might get his chance this year, in the same way Insua did.

Priority 1 is an attacking player for the left.

Priority 2 is someone to give a consistent challenge Kuyt on the right.

Priority 3 is a replacement for Hypia.

Priority 4 is another striker (Hopefull one of the first 2 priorities can cover Fernando).

Priority 5 is a new RB

Priority 6 is a new centre mid

Priority 7 is a new reserve GK (it'll be on the cards. It always is).

I want us to make a big statment and sign Tevez & Silva.

I only want us to sign Barry if it's at Lucas' expense and not Alonso.

I don't want us spending loads on a CB or a RB at the expense of other players.

I want Darby given a shot at RB.

I don't ever want to hear the phrase "Leto returning is like a new signing"
[/quote]

I dont know about a challenge for Kuyt being a priority? He never gets rested or injured or dropped, so regardless of if we bought someone else, he'd be playing. Even if we bought Messi.

I'd say it goes LW -> CF -> RB.

Then whatever bits and bobs are knocking around that could improve the squad. I dont think anything else is desperate.

[/quote]

ok.

[quote author=foureyes link=topic=33639.msg872783#msg872783 date=1243009549]
It's a waste of time, effort and money spending 12m odd on Johnson. He's no where near worth it.

I also disagree with Spider Neils point regar5ding Darby. There's a reason he was given a new contract this year. I think hje might get his chance this year, in the same way Insua did.

Priority 4 is another striker (Hopefull one of the first 2 priorities can cover Fernando).

Priority 5 is a new RB

[/quote]

I dont know about a challenge for Kuyt being a priority? He never gets rested or injured or dropped, so regardless of if we bought someone else, he'd be playing. Even if we bought Messi.

Then whatever bits and bobs are knocking around that could improve the squad. I dont think anything else is desperate.

[/quote]

ok.
[/quote]

Aaaaa--hahahahahahahahah.

How's our other Right Mid to challenge Dirk.... and don't say Yossi "clearly better in the centre" Benyoun.

Dirk plays wide right becausde we have no-one else.

We absolutely need someon that can say "hey Dirk, I can play there effectively". If that person has pace, then Dirk, being flexible can slot in elsewhere.

Yossi is Gerarrd's understudy

It's necessary.

Tevez, if he could be bought.

It will strengthen us, and it will weaken them (they may get someone better to replace but thats besides the point)

I can't really get my head around who else we could buy....err

I owe you four players...

[quote author=StevieM link=topic=33639.msg872790#msg872790 date=1243011114]

Priority 5 is a new RB

[/quote]

[/quote]

ok.
[/quote]

How's our other Right Mid to challenge Dirk.... and don't say Yossi "clearly better in the centre" Benyoun.

We absolutely need someon that can say "hey Dirk, I can play there effectively". If that person has pace, then Dirk, being flexible can slot in elsewhere.

It's necessary.

[/quote]

I'm not quite sure who you're replying to, but Mors was claiming that Messi wouldn't displace Kuyt. I said 'ok' to be sarcastic. Are you saying Messi wouldn't get a game ahead of Kuyt? I have a sneaking suspicion that he would.

[quote author=foureyes link=topic=33639.msg872800#msg872800 date=1243012325]
[quote author=StevieM link=topic=33639.msg872790#msg872790 date=1243011114]

Priority 5 is a new RB

[/quote]

[/quote]

ok.
[/quote]

It's necessary.

[/quote]

I'm not quite sure who you're replying to, but Mors was claiming that Messi wouldn't displace Kuyt. I said 'ok' to be sarcastic. Are you saying Messi wouldn't get a game ahead of Kuyt? I have a sneaking suspicion that he would.
[/quote]

How is is his tackling back? I'm not sure TBH.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=33639.msg872774#msg872774 date=1243008923]
Barry is the only certainty this summer.

Like many others I'd be a bit miffed about Johnson signing. Has he really done anything to justify a £10m+ price tag ?

[/quote] Wouldn't that be offset by Crouches owings some 3.75m?

I realy quite like Johnson. People saying RB cover isnt a priority dont seem to think defense is as important and vital to winning as attack.

I just want one genuine attacking player to take some of the burden off Torres and Gerrard, I don't care if he's on the left right or up front. If he's genuine quality it won't matter. After that I'm not too bothered who we sign.

[quote author=jason link=topic=33639.msg873092#msg873092 date=1243082338]

Like many others I'd be a bit miffed about Johnson signing. Has he really done anything to justify a £10m+ price tag ?

I realy quite like Johnson. People saying RB cover isnt a priority dont seem to think defense is as important and vital to winning as attack.
[/quote]

agree with rosco, when you spend 15m on a defender you want to feel the wow factor which johnson doesn't evoke - don't think he's not even cemented the england right back spot

[quote author=red_maradona link=topic=33639.msg873530#msg873530 date=1243159937]
[quote author=jason link=topic=33639.msg873092#msg873092 date=1243082338]

[/quote]

agree with rosco, when you spend 15m on a defender you want to feel the wow factor which johnson doesn't evoke - don't think he's not even cemented the england right back spot
[/quote]

Who does give you the wow factor and how much are they likley to cost.

It looks like 15m is the going rate for an above average english player these days.

which is why we should stay away from them.

Dzeko has the wow factor, and he'll cost about 20m this summer.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=33639.msg873562#msg873562 date=1243162302]

[/quote]

who?

[/quote]

would you take him over Silva Tevez though I'm assuming we have a limited budget

[/quote]

Yes we should defo go for dzko 30m+Torres. How blinkered and insular I've been Johnson who's he.

[quote author=jason link=topic=33639.msg873571#msg873571 date=1243162682]

[/quote]

would you take him over Silva Tevez though I'm assuming we have a limited budget
[/quote]

Yes.

Dzeko is the next Marco Van Basten.

I think we'll end up with Johnson, Silva and Lavezzi.

I would like to see:

Sold - Dossena (5 million), Riera (10 million), Babel (8 million), Anderson / Hobbs (1.5 million), Itandje (free), Lucas (5 million), Leto (1 million), Voronin (4 million), Pennant (free). Total - 34.5 millon

Budget - 20 million (conservative thinking)

Bought - Johnson (10 millon*), Lavezzi (20 million), Robben (18 million), Barry (9 million)

*Might be cheaper given they are rumoured to owe us money on the Crouch deal.

Team to beat the top teams:

--------------------------------------------Reina------------------------------------------------------

Arbeloa----------------Carragher---------------------Skrtel------------------------------Aurelio

--------------------------Mascherano------------------Alonso--------------------------------------

Kuyt----------------------------------------Gerrard----------------------------------------Lavezzi

----------------------------------------------Torres----------------------------------------------------

Team to beat the weaker teams at Anfield
- More guile and craft rather than graft.

--------------------------------------------Reina------------------------------------------------------

Johnson----------------Carragher---------------------Agger------------------------------Aurelio

---------------------------Gerrard----------------------Alonso--------------------------------------

Robben-------------------------------------Benayoun--------------------------------------Lavezzi

----------------------------------------------Torres----------------------------------------------------

3-5-2 option?

---------------------------------------------Reina-----------------------------------------------

--------------------Carragher-----------Skrtel--------------Agger---------------------------

Johnson--------------------Mascherano---------Alonso-----------------------------Barry

----------------------------------------------Gerrard-------------------------------------------

------------------------------Lavezzi-----------------------Torres----------------------------

I saw £60m of 'attacking full backs' in the two games Barce v. Chelsea and they did fuck all

how do you explain that one spider :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom