• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Why are English supporters the most pitiful in world football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The England fans take a bashing but I for one salute them!

Their team embarrasses them in every tournament yet they turn out in their droves to back them.

This thread has lasted longer than the England team did.

There's actually a fair bit of symmetry between this thread and the English performance at the Euro's now you mention it.

A lot of faux-pride and teeth-gnashing from the English, with the odd bright spark illuminating the last 2 weeks, but mostly a bunch of fucking idiots ended up losing to the superiority of a smaller nation.

Mark played the Joe Hart role to perfection.

You know what, I used to care about England games at tournaments. I used to get excited and plan where to watch the games well in advance.

I now can't bear watching in the pubs because of the idiocy of the minority. I was waiting to hear the first reports that mindless morons had bricked an Iceland supermarket because yes, some people are that thick.

I have become apathetic, I predicted this would happen on my FB and when it did happen, I accepted it like a cheap pay rise.

I've learned something though, today was easy. Why? Because I had no expectation whatsoever so therefore there was no come down.

Thanks Woy, apathy is the way forward. Now I need to apply that to the idiot drivers on the road and some of my work colleagues and life will be so much calmer.

Well done Iceland, they outplayed us, out thought us and out fought us. They deserved it, not because we were bad, because they were the reason we looked bad.

Come on Italy, make me money!

There's actually a fair bit of symmetry between this thread and the English performance at the Euro's now you mention it.

A lot of faux-pride and teeth-gnashing from the English, with the odd bright spark illuminating the last 2 weeks, but mostly a bunch of fucking idiots ended up losing to the superiority of a smaller nation.

Well, it turns out, you made the wrong call on the England fans as fans from other nations who caused disturbances swiftly proved. Violence and hooliganism is a football problem not a nation problem. As soon as the organizers acted to bring order it worked, a lesson for future tournaments.

As regards England's performance in the competition it mirrors the other home nations (and the ROI for that matter) in that they don't have technically good players or tactically astute managers. Wales are currently over-performing (long may it continue) but it doesn't cover up that we on these islands don't perform well. England fans in particular have recognized their limitations for a long time, hence numerous posts about how it may be changed.

That would imply that I let in soft goals, which is a pretty shit analogy, infact most people apart from the Irish thought you were talking through your arse and just being a troll.

I like this game though, so let's pretend you're an England player too. Arise Sir John Terry: Loves himself, moderately bigoted and a bit of a bellend.

See? That's much better.

saywhat.jpg

Who have just been given an award for being great fans ?

Success!!! If only Engerlund fans would prance around like the equivalant of national uncle toms like all self respecting oirish cultural jokes. They could just get pissed and keep making a cheap joke of their country. Go green!

Last edited:
I like this game though, so let's pretend you're an England player too. Arise Sir John Terry: Loves himself, moderately bigoted and a bit of a bellend.

See? That's much better.

Yeah, not bad, but I'd already provided you the platform to extenuate the gag so the originality factor is pretty low.

Success!!! If only Engerlund fans would prance around like the equivalant of national uncle toms like all self respecting oirish cultural jokes. They could just get pissed and keep making A joke of their country. Go green!
Is getting pissed and wrecking the place more respectable?

It would be better than talking to some of you lot.

Boom!! That's if you don't de-fuse the explosives in your kiddies room, but with love and fairy stories and multiple exits , and enough years to erase the details. What did they say when someone sneered at Rousseau's work: 'the people who laughed at the first edition have the skins of the first edition bound the second'. What larks.

Boom!! That's if you don't de-fuse the explosives in your kiddies room, but with love and fairy stories and multiple exits , and enough years to erase the details.
Listen, I was trying to wind Mark up! Stay out of this.

That's the problem with fishing, you think you've hooked a whopper and you reel it in just to see it's a tramp's discarded boot you've caught.

If you hadn't been knocked out by Iceland it could have been next week as well.

Nah. But then how would I know? I don't associate myself with pissed, racist West Ham & Chelsea fans.

There's an ironic undercurrent to this thread. The only people fishing for a bite and a verbal scrap are some non-English fans. Of course, I don't think that's representative of all non-English fans, eh.

Listen, I was trying to wind Mark up! Stay out of this.

That's the problem with fishing, you think you've hooked a whopper and you reel it in just to see it's a tramp's discarded boot you've caught.

Yeah, but that's what reputations do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom