• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Why Beardsley, you WERE a legend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
Peter Beardsley banned: Former Newcastle academy coach suspended for racism after calling black players ‘monkeys’

Beardsley has been suspended for eight months after being found guilty of using “offensive and unacceptable” language towards a black player during a team building trip

Former Newcastle United academy coach Peter Beardsley has been suspended for 32 weeks from all football for making racist comments including calling black players “monkeys”.
The punishment relates to Beardsley using “abusive and/or insulting words” towards one or more black players during a team building trip to the outdoor adventure park Go Ape while the former England international was in charge of the Under-23 team.

The FA confirmed Beardsley said “you should be used to that” to one or more black players of African origin during the trip in October 2017. However, it insisted he was not racist, claiming he had merely committed an act of racist discrimination.

The 58-year-old was also found guilty of calling a player of black African origin a “monkey” during a game of head tennis. While the former Newcastle striker also questioned the legitimacy of a black player’s age by stating “it’s cos you’re not 18”.

The Regulatory Commission also found that Beardsley’s allegation that three black players had made up the allegations motivated by financial greed “did not have a shred of evidence”, while he also did not apologise or withdraw the allegations.

A statement from The FA read: “An independent Regulatory Commission has suspended Peter Beardsley from all football and football-related activity for a period of 32 weeks until 29 April 2020.

“The FA alleged that Mr Beardsley used abusive and/or insulting words, which were contrary to FA Rule E3(1) and constituted an “Aggravated Breach” under FA Rule E3(2) due to reference of ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race and/or nationality, while employed as a coach of the club’s Under-23s team.
“All three breaches of FA Rule E3 were denied but subsequently found proven based upon the results and findings of Newcastle United FC’s disciplinary proceedings.”
The FA also confirmed Beardsley has been ordered to complete a face-to-face education course.

If he was playing for us now there'd be a large contingent of fuckwits defending him.

Fuckwits? With reference to Suarez? Do you work hard to be a shithead or does it fall naturally?

Do I have to explain to you again why Suarez was guilty ?

It was because he said to the referee after the match ended, as corroborated by Dirk Kuyt and Damien Commoli, that he used the word 'negro'.

When later trying to explain the heated exchange with Evra to the FA he denied using the word 'negro'.

So two lads are clearly having a row and one referred to skin colour during it. It's very simple.

His own evidence sunk him. But nobody actually bothered to read the report and some still believe the word "negrito" was used despite it only appearing in a news article and having never actually appeared in Suarez's evidence to the FA.

When I first read this about Beardsley I actually had to check a few times that it wasn't some random coach with the same name.

Difficult to reconcile this with the little guy I always rated quite highly, especially when he's played with the likes of Barnes who imo is such a good guy it'd make any racist think twice about it.

I understand his legal council adopted the same defence as Richard Keys and Andy Gray when SKY sacked them for sexist comments towards a female Assistant ref.

“It’s just BANTER!”

32 weeks ? How did they arrive at that shitehawk suspension ?

I guess in his case and line of work and age etc it should mean life but just give him life and stop pissing about with shit of actual worth.

I'd suggest based off the above , the fa go on the same face-to-face education course as Beardsley !

Found out yesterday that all-round good guy Canadian Prime Minister was found to have dressed up in black face costumes more than once and now one of my Liverpool heroes Beardsley found guilty of making racist comments as a coach. What is going on in this world?

Found out yesterday that all-round good guy Canadian Prime Minister was found to have dressed up in black face costumes more than once and now one of my Liverpool heroes Beardsley found guilty of making racist comments as a coach. What is going on in this world?

Comments that belong in the dark ages. Surprised it’s only a 32 week ban

We voted to the Leave EU, and those who will be the most affected were the biggest advocates for Leave

Trump was voted by mostly White working-class Americans despite him saying all his life he was above them

V Unbeatables were the best dance act ever, with their video views outnumbering any other contestant by at least 2 to 1 and despite all of this they came 4th

So nothing surprises me now

I believe Digger acted as a personal character witness for Beardsley in this case. I wonder if he knew what Beardsley had actually said before doing so,

I believe Digger acted as a personal character witness for Beardsley in this case. I wonder if he knew what Beardsley had actually said before doing so,

No, he probably agreed to appear in a legal court as a character witness with no idea whatsoever what he was alleged to have said

When labelling somebody as Racist, I thing they need to categorise it more.
Similar to when people are asked about their religious beliefs. Are you a Catholic?.....” Well I was born and raised Catholic, but I’m not really a practising one now”.

Practising – Is actively engaging in words/actions categorically racist or encouraging racism on a regular basis.

Lapsed – Was brought up to uphold racist beliefs, but over time, has drifted away from the flock, only occasionally partaking (ie. still having racist mates / laughing at racist jokes)

Casual - Either unaware they were being racist or brushing it off as just banter, with the defence (How can I be racist, my brother in-law is coloured. Or in Peter's case, "look at how many goals I unselfishly set up for Andy Cole" ).

I think Beardsley is a lapsed Racist.

Last edited:
When labelling somebody as Racist, I thing they need to categorise it more.
Similar to when people are asked about their religious beliefs. Are you a Catholic?.....” Well I was born and raised Catholic, but I’m not really a practising one now”.

Practising – Is actively engaging in words/actions categorically racist or encouraging racism on a regular basis.

Lapsed – Was brought up to uphold racist beliefs, but over time, has drifted away from the flock, only occasionally partaking (ie. still having racist mates / laughing at racist jokes)

Casual - Either unaware they were being racist or brushing it off as just banter, with the defence (How can I be racist, my brother in-law is coloured. Or in Peter's case, "look at how many goals I unselfishly set up for Andy Cole" ).

I think Beardsley is a lapsed Racist.
Why do we need to categorise it more? He said to a Black player at Go-Ape, "You should be used to this?" WTF. That's not banter. Same as hissing sounds to Spurs fans, it's a fucking disgrace.

Do I have to explain to you again why Suarez was guilty ?

It was because he said to the referee after the match ended, as corroborated by Dirk Kuyt and Damien Commoli, that he used the word 'negro'.

When later trying to explain the heated exchange with Evra to the FA he denied using the word 'negro'.

So two lads are clearly having a row and one referred to skin colour during it. It's very simple.

His own evidence sunk him. But nobody actually bothered to read the report and some still believe the word "negrito" was used despite it only appearing in a news article and having never actually appeared in Suarez's evidence to the FA.

You still inside Patrice Evras arse? Wow man... That's weird

Why do we need to categorise it more? He said to a Black player at Go-Ape, "You should be used to this?" WTF. That's not banter. Same as hissing sounds to Spurs fans, it's a fucking disgrace.

You agree with them, a LAPSED Racist.

There was a black player in the 80’s who played for Newcastle, Tony Cunningham, who was nicknamed “Wor Darkie”!
Geordies have form for this kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom