• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

wolves thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=47000.msg1404460#msg1404460 date=1316881021]
Jordan Henderson is a bit shit.
[/quote]

you have to hope he is a decent CM because he certainly is a right midfielder. that said I don't want kuyt there (RM) either.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=47000.msg1404460#msg1404460 date=1316881021]
Jordan Henderson is a bit shit.
[/quote]

Carroll was improved, Henderson really adds nothing to the team right now and Skrtel was absolutely awful. Gerrard looked pretty sharp though

[quote author=RedStar link=topic=47000.msg1404468#msg1404468 date=1316881168]
Carroll was improved, Henderson really adds nothing to the team right now and Skrtel was absolutely awful. Gerrard looked pretty sharp though
[/quote]

Specsavers have a sale on at the moment.

I thought Skrtel was impressive half the time and shite the other half.

fuck it, I'll do it before I have to leave

1. henderson looks lost currently, a total passenger, almost all our attacks came downt the left.

2. kenny needs to fuck off shifting downing to the right. just as downing is starting to have some joy down the left he (downing) shifts to the right, that makes no sense whatsoever

3. if suarez was clinical we'd finish games first half

4. gerrard looks like he hasn't been away

5. skrtel stands too close to players meaning either;
a) he gets turned too easily
b) he gives away pointless freekicks and by pointless I mean the opposition player has his back to goal and can't do any damage

6. pepe is starting to punch more and more, I have no idea if he doesn't feel confident enough to catch but there were at least two occassions he could and should of caught the ball rather than punching it.

7. carra is getting back to his best

8. carroll had a good game imho, he linked up well, made several good passes and created some good knock downs that were anticipated by his team. he is slowly but surely getting there.

Agreed on Hendo ; at present, he's a passenger.

Downing was also a bit Meh today.

Carroll played some good stuff but wasn't as good as the media made out, his chance in the box as the whistle went just about sums his Liverpool career up this far, unfortunately. I still thnk hell come good eventually .

Enrique played well, defended well too, although is making a habit of sloppy passes when were under the cosh.

Suarez should have scored a few really .

If we'd started with a Ming/gerrard player we'd have beaten them easily.

We need someone who can find and make space like gerrard to help out Suarez

oh, our fitness teams need to get to the bottom of why adam is knackered (or whatever reaon fades badly) second half because time and time again adam is a second half passenger. adam was a wastle of space after the break. maybe we should play adam first half and shevely/jonjo second half until gerrard is fully fit.

[quote author=Frogfish link=topic=47000.msg1404473#msg1404473 date=1316881405]
[/quote]

[/quote]

He was shocking second half mate, a couple of stupid fouls that werent necessary and he was all over the place when when Doyle made a mess of his opportunity after being left totally unmarked. When Wolves had a good spell and started applying a bit of pressure he totally lost his head and seemed to unsettle the whole defence

[quote author=Frogfish link=topic=47000.msg1404482#msg1404482 date=1316881749]
Spidey is wrong re. 1,2,4 & 7. So a 50% hit rate.
[/quote]

I don't think I am but you are entitled to your opinion.

Bloody hell that wasn't easy on the eye. Still though 3 points is 3 points.

Skrtel held the defence together on occasions with some vital headers/blocks and interceptions. Enrique was solid but Kelly was shite - extremely overrated. Carragher was okish.

In midfield, we were pretty sloppy. Adam was average although played a big part in our first goal. Lucas put in a good shift in front of the back 4 but it wasn't his best game. Henderson was like a ghost, seriously Kenny, why you're persisting with this lad ahead of Kuyt is beyond me.

Suarez and Carroll looked promising together for probably the first time. Carroll's performance first half was encouraging.

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=47000.msg1404480#msg1404480 date=1316881651]
If we'd started with a Ming/gerrard player we'd have beaten them easily.

[/quote]

if we could finish we'd have beaten them easily regardless of who was in midfield. we have several chances to kill the game.

Neil....

So, even though Henderson brings FUCK All, you'd rather he was at RM than Dirk ?

And don't start with all your chalkbored shite.
Just answer the question.

[quote author=Gary25 link=topic=47000.msg1404489#msg1404489 date=1316881909]
Henderson was like a ghost, seriously Kenny, why you're persisting with this lad ahead of Kuyt is beyond me.

[/quote]

would rather see bellamy in a wide position than kuyt. kuyt isn't a wide player, he doesn't have the pace, trickery or delivery to play there. this is obviously a non issue if we went 4-3-3

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47000.msg1404474#msg1404474 date=1316881425]
I thought Skrtel was impressive half the time and shite the other half.
[/quote]
Sums his game today up nicely.

[quote author=themn link=topic=47000.msg1404491#msg1404491 date=1316882019]
Neil....

So, even though Henderson brings FUCK All, you'd rather he was at RM than Dirk ?

[/quote]

this is me avoiding the question, I want to see a wide player who is either going to;
a) put in good service (i.e. quality crosses) FROM THE RIGHT
or
b) has the pace/trickery to run down the wing and stretch teams or pull the ball back into the penalty pox.

maybe henderson isn't the answer (but the guy is a kid) but kuyt isn't the answer either. kuyt is a quality forwards but he isn't a right midfieder. I'd rather see bellamy or maxi before kuyt at RM.

[quote author=RedStar link=topic=47000.msg1404486#msg1404486 date=1316881860]
[quote author=Frogfish link=topic=47000.msg1404473#msg1404473 date=1316881405]
[/quote]

[/quote]

He was shocking second half mate, a couple of stupid fouls that werent necessary and he was all over the place when when Doyle made a mess of his opportunity after being left totally unmarked. When Wolves had a good spell and started applying a bit of pressure he totally lost his head and seemed to unsettle the whole defence
[/quote]

I'm with Gary 25 on this one. He played an outstanding first half (yes he does have a propensity to dive in - but with one of the 'bad tackles' he actually won the ball but the ref deemed it too aggressive) and although he made a couple of poor tackles in the 2nd half he was actually covering the front post (because Enrique unluckily didn't get the run of the ball when he made a tackle out on the wing. I thought he had a very good game (one or two tackles aside).

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47000.msg1404492#msg1404492 date=1316882139]
Henderson was like a ghost, seriously Kenny, why you're persisting with this lad ahead of Kuyt is beyond me.

[/quote]

would rather see bellamy in a wide position than kuyt. kuyt isn't a wide player, he doesn't have the pace, trickery or delivery to play there. this is obviously a non issue if we went 4-3-3
[/quote]

LOL people have been using the no pace/trickery thing against Kuyt for years, yet he still racks up a considerable amount of assists and goals over the season.

The fact of the matter is, Kuyt's more likely to set up a goal or score a goal. More likely to link the play effectively, more likely to protect the right hand side.
Basically he's better than Henderson.

[quote author=Gary25 link=topic=47000.msg1404499#msg1404499 date=1316882463]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47000.msg1404492#msg1404492 date=1316882139]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL people have been using the no pace/trickery thing against Kuyt for years, yet he still racks up a considerable amount of assists and goals over the season.

[/quote]

in a forward position.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47000.msg1404496#msg1404496 date=1316882399]
[quote author=themn link=topic=47000.msg1404491#msg1404491 date=1316882019]
Neil....

[/quote]

this is me avoiding the question, I want to see a wide player who is either going to;
a) put in good service (i.e. quality crosses) FROM THE RIGHT
or
b) has the pace/trickery to run down the wing and stretch teams or pull the ball back into the penalty pox.

maybe henderson isn't the answer (but the guy is a kid) but kuyt isn't the answer either. kuyt is a quality forwards but he isn't a right midfieder. I'd rather see bellamy or maxi before kuyt at RM.
[/quote]

Yeah, I couldn't be fucked to read all that.

So, well done.

It seems to me like a lot of people are under-rating what Henderson brought to us in the first half (he went right off the boil in the second). He, Suarez and Kelly looked great on that RW. Neat inter-passing when under pressure from those three contributed to our 63% first half possession and Henderson kept the ball moving nicely not giving it away and nearly always picking the right pass.

I want to make it clear that I rather kuyt as a forward/striker.
his movement is good,
he holds up the ball
he knows where the goal is
he doesn't give defenders a moments peace

as a forward = NO PROBLEM

as a wide midfielder
he'll drift inside
he takes too many touches (which allows the opposition to get organised)
he doesn't have the pace to beat a guy down the wing
he doesn't have anything above average crossing ability

in short he is NOT a wide player and thus shouldn't be played as a wide player.
if we are desparate to get kuyt in the team then it should be as a striker and or change the formation so he is more central 4-3-3
I really don't want to see kuyt as a right midfielder in a 4-4-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom