• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wonderman Retires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he retired a year or 2 ago.

He's had a long career, he should be proud of what he's achieved....only regret is we couldn't win a few more trophies with him as part of the team.

We were never going to do that though. He wasn't as bad as his biggest detractors made out IMO, but he got so many games for us only because we were in a poor state, not for any other reason. Still, there was never a question about his attitude and I certainly hope his health improves.

crying-cry.gif

"He's an exciting player of a type that Brazilian football hasn't produced too many of recently. Of late their central midfielders have tended to be 'holders' who sit and allow the full-backs to push forward.
Lucas is different. He's a big, blonde figure whose power and physical strength comes with attacking ability.
He can pass well and loves to rumble forward. He gets on the scoresheet both with blistering shots from range and from bursting beyond the strikers."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/6653123.stm
Thus ended Tim Vickery's journalist reputation.

"He's an exciting player of a type that Brazilian football hasn't produced too many of recently. Of late their central midfielders have tended to be 'holders' who sit and allow the full-backs to push forward.
Lucas is different. He's a big, blonde figure whose power and physical strength comes with attacking ability.
He can pass well and loves to rumble forward. He gets on the scoresheet both with blistering shots from range and from bursting beyond the strikers."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/6653123.stm
Thus ended Tim Vickery's journalist reputation.

C’mon, show me where’s the lie? :D

The pure hatred I felt when I watched him play for us makes me wish I could still feel that level of passion. But I don't think I can do that and it makes me a kind of sad

No your understanding is incomplete, "that heart thing" ended not just his playing days, but most likely also his coaching days, his high altitude days, any uphill walks days, skiing days, kicking a ball about with his kids in the garden days, his gym days, his any and all strenuous physical activity days. That would explain his tears.

I enjoyed the Johnny Cochrane level efforts of people on here defending the worst player that ever got more than a season or two at the club. They're my best memories of him.

10 years and one league cup. We were basically Spurs with him in the squad.

I enjoyed the Johnny Cochrane level efforts of people on here defending the worst player that ever got more than a season or two at the club. They're my best memories of him.

Averaging 35 games a season for 10 years with a big lay off thrown in across four managers is impressive anyway you slice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom