• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

World Cup Day 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is not talking in sentences thats whats annoying.

‘Tempers fraying’

‘All involved’

‘Silva on the ball’

‘Quick through ball’

Danny Murphy is much, much worse than this lady.

In general though, I wish they'd go old school for commentary, and I'm not talking about a boys club, I'm talking about color and play-by-play. Being good at kicking a ball doesn't make you good at describing it, in fact, it would appear to be the opposite.
I long for the early days of Andy Gray. For all the stick he got he was great at describing plays & movement, even off the ball.

I genuinely think she's better than most, and its an incredibly low bar. She has to work on her intonation, but she'll need experience to do that.

The all-male punditry is now discussing whether they'd be disappointed not scoring two good chances, and, the mediocre players are all discussing how, if they were in the world cup, they'd be curling the opportunities calmly into the corners of the goal.

It's a safe space that's as interesting as a pedestrian aisle in a warehouse.

Saudi Arabia have started well. Uruguay struggling to actually gain the opponents third, gulf between flat dm and the forwards is huge.

Saudi's can't defend a corner. I've seen some bad corner defending in recent years, and that was a peach.

I know Vicki. She's always been absolutely footy mad. Give her a break FFS. Can't imagine how nerve racking it must be going in to such a situation. She knows her stuff and earned the call up from her work on radio in the north east over the past few years. This was her first live televised match. Baptism of fire, and paired with Martin Keown!

I know Vicki. She's always been absolutely footy mad. Give her a break FFS. Can't imagine how nerve racking it must be going in to such a situation. She knows her stuff and earned the call up from her work on radio in the north east over the past few years. This was her first live televised match. Baptism of fire, and paired with Martin Keown!

I see John Terry was digging at her commentary via Instagram. And for that reason alone, I'm all about Vicki Sparks. She's Ace.

Despite that goal being scored, this is a pretty dull uneventful match so far.

That's kindof Uruguay's deal... kindof like us under Benitez at his frustrating worst. Doesn't matter who they play, those two DM's are going to be near each other, flat, and not pushing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom