• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Worst call in football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

red_maradona

Very Active
We always come up with lots of predictions, especially about players, that turn-out to be wrong.

Two of mine stand out:
K9 (Keirrison) - when Barca signed him, I really thought he would be the greatest striker ever (admittedly based on youtube clips and a tim vickey column). He was signed for 12m quid and has been loaned out several times and back in brazil doing bugger all.

Kvarme - after his debut I told my manure loving fan he would be better than G. Neville!

No way Kvarme even near the worst player that's played for us since his time, he wouldn't even make a worst XI.

No way Kvarme even near the worst player that's played for us since his time, he wouldn't even make a worst XI.
Josemi would easily beat him to the coveted worst xi right back spot

Modo talking shite. Kvarme wasn't that bad. I've seen worse.

Mark Kennedy is prob the worst I've ever seen.

Torben Piecknik

Julian Dicks

Paul Stewart

Phillip Degen

The list is endless when it comes to shit players

all great calls, but the point of the thread was to idenitfy players you thought would be great but who became the exact opposite. degen is not in that list!

Could be too early to totally write off but I thought Obertan was going to become a star at United.

I thought Carlos Vela would tear the Premiership a new one.

The same with Mark Gonzalez

Morientes, I thought he'd score a hat-trick in his debut against United.

My favourite Morientes memory is probably his shot at home against Everton were Garcia pokes in the rebound. There were few to pick from though...

Harry Kewell was soooooo disappointing when we signed him.

Started off really well but then turned injury prone, slow, fat, lazy and generally shit.

Such a shame because he was a really gifted player.

Paul Ince coming back from Inter WAS the missing piece for us. We had everything else, but his grit and steel and drive and unyielding will-to-win in the middle of the park. I KNEW we were going to win the league when we signed him. Can't think of another signing that let me down that much...

Paul Walsh was also ultimately dissapointing. Should have ruled the world.

I thought Diouf was going to be amazing after watching him terrorise the French defense in the World Cup. One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Paul Ince coming back from Inter WAS the missing piece for us. We had everything else, but his grit and steel and drive and unyielding will-to-win in the middle of the park. I KNEW we were going to win the league when we signed him. Can't think of another signing that let me down that much...

Walsh was unlucky, old pal. For half a season he was superb, all the more so when you consider he took over from the King and should have been on a hiding to nothing because of that. Then he got a nasty injury and his career never recovered.

Talking of the King, initially when we bought him to replace Keegan I thought we were being well and truly hornswoggled. I'd seen him in action for Celtic and Scotland and couldn't understand what the fuss was about. That's unquestionably MY worst call in football!

I recall a certain post that sought to reassure everyone as to Roy Hodgson's potential to make everything alright, after a couple of games of his tenure.

FUCKING GOOD ONE !

good shout. I remember reading the Times football supplement at the beginning of the season with a picture of ince and predicting he was the missing piece and we would be champions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom