• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Youth and Reserves thread - 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borrell has been appointed as Man Citys new International technical Director.
Fancy job title at least...

The tv channel's a joke. I've just spent 2hrs watching the re-run, only for them to have a 60sec news roundup in between extra time & pens and give away the damn result.

Liverpool defender Jakub Sokolik in Southend United loan
Southend United have signed Liverpool's Czech defender Jakub Sokolik on a youth loan until the end of the season.
The 20-year-old joined Liverpool from Banik Ostrava in the 2009-10 season and has been part of their Under-21 squad.
He was an unused substitute for Southend in Tuesday's 2-2 League Two draw at Scunthorpe United .
"He's looking for a contract at the end of the season, so has everything to play for," Southend manager Phil Brown told BBC Essex.
Sokolik's arrival bolsters a Shrimpers defence that has been hit by injuries to Luke Prosser and Adam Thompson in recent weeks.

Full game here:

Been removed. Long shot, but don't suppose anyone knows where I can find the whole game?

I watched the highlights but they only really served to remind me of how completely shit LFC tv highlights usually are. They have ten minutes to work with. They spend about 2 minutes at the start on the rubbish credits and poring over the line-ups, and then they replay every attack they show about 90 times, all from the same angle. They must actually show about 3 minutes of the freaking game. And obv last night they had the penalties to show too!

I wouldn't mind so much, but is there really that little free airtime?! On a club channel with a minuscule budget!

Ah that sucks, I was thinking of watching it today. Should've watched it when I found it. Still can't find it uploaded anywhere else unfortunately.

http://youth.lfc.vn/reading-u18s-facup-s14/

This page has some extended highlights as well as the shootout by the looks of it.

Works perfectly. Got the main page bookmarked now so I can catch highlights of the other Academy and Reserve games in future. Thanks!

Agreed with Modo's post earlier - Crump looked poor for at least 2 of their goals; I've seen him do better in other games but that was pretty bad goalkeeping by him. Great work by Canos for our last 2 goals, and what cool finishes by Rossiter and Wilson.

We played well for the most part. I think we'd have tonked them if the liner hadn't (wrongly) given the early goal offside.

What do the regular U-21 watchers make of Paez? He looks rather slow in the few highlight clips and maybe in a full game or two that I've managed to catch. I don't get the impression that he's any better than Sama, whom I don't think will make it anyway.

Oh and Mersin - I suppose there's good reason why there were rumours of him being released last summer. Just awful.

Mersin, Randall, Maguire, Paez, Jones, Rossiter, Smith, Brannagan, Peterson, Dunn, Kent

Subs:
Baio, Fulton, Trickett-Smith, Bijev

I think Kent makes his debut for the U21's tonight

LFC.tv 7pm kickoff

Beardsley is the coach for them

I saw the last half hour of the u21s, game finished 5-2 to us. It's a good team, this, attacking and fun to watch and plenty of genuine contenders for the first team in it.

Brad Smith played left wing. He is absolutely lightning quick, it's quite an asset. Puts in a decent cross, too. Hope he gets another chance with the first team after his rather disastrous debut. We need to see what he can do when he calms down and can settle into a game.

Peterson played as a striker. That might be something worth pursuing. IMO the best thing about him has always been his goal scoring - he's never looked technical enough to make it as a winger for us, but he has a lot going for him as a centre forward. He does seem to be a player who'll always work hard and improve, so I guess you never know....

I like Brannagan, too. He's just a good pass and move player, and creative with it. He's got a good chance.

They all did well, though, really, from what I saw. Only ones I wouldn't have hope for are the keeper, Paez, and Magurie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom