• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

6 Nations 2015

The better team lost. The Welsh team defended like there was 20 of them on the pitch.

Is hard to say we were better than them today.

Best made a couple of bad throws at key times, Sexton made more mistakes than usual and we generally just made more errors than normal.

We couldn't penetrate much with our carrying either - only O'brien consistently made ground in the tackle. We couldn't really get any momentum despite retaining possession for the most part. That changed somewhat when Cronin, Henderson and Healy were on. We may benefit from freshening up the pack a bit.

We can't blame Wayne Barnes for that loss. We have been praised for our preciseness throughout the tournament, and in this game we repeatedly fluffed our lines at key moments. When we had their line under siege and refused to use the space out wide, when we made mistakes at lineout, when we made bad decisions in our kicking, we repeatedly made mistakes in a game there for the taking.

There are different kinds of bad/good day at the office though. That defensive display from your lot against Ireland was one of the best I've seen in the 6 Nations for a long time. [Washes mouth out with soap]

On a side note, where have you been lately?

There are different kinds of bad/good day at the office though. That defensive display from your lot against Ireland was one of the best I've seen in the 6 Nations for a long time. [Washes mouth out with soap]

On a side note, where have you been lately?
They cheated. I counted at least 20 Welsh players on the pitch at one stage.

I hope we'll make a few changes for the next match.

I think I would change most of the pack - Healy, Cronin and Moore in the front row, Henderson into the second row with O'Connell. Jordi in the back row at 6. Madigan at 10 - not sure what centre or left wing options we have but is consider those too

Wales starting to put Italy to the sword now.

As it stands Points difference: Wal: +41

(Ire: +33, Eng: +37)

If they score 70 points it's going to be extremely difficult for England and Ireland.
Nigh on impossible really.

Wales score a try from an Italian Lineout on the Wales 5 yard line.
Pathetic.
Back to the five nations please.
Useless cunts.

I'd have been better than some of those Italians in the second half.

Ireland definitely won't score enough - and if we try to the Scots will pick us off

Fitzgerald offered more in the first 20 minutes than Zebo has in the whole tournament.
Great execution from the lineout there.
O Brien with the try 17-3 after 25 minutes.
Can't complain about that.

Reactions: C/O
Strange line-out. I've never seen the lifter come away with the ball before.

Unconventional, and that's why it worked. More great work from the coaches

Reactions: C/O
Awful try to give away.
Could change the dynamics of the game.
Need to respond fast now.

I would have taken that HT score before the game.
I think we need to pick and pop a bit to wear them down and such them in

Ha fucking hell that was some take from O Mahoney.
Great game of rugby so far.

I don't know how the commentary team didn't spot that Heaslip knocked that ball out.
I thought it was clear as day in real time.
Absolutely massive from Heaslip who's been outstanding.

Fucking hell Madigan.
Hope that's not going to haunt us.
26 points.
Viva la France.

How fucking bad are Scotland though.
Never thought a respected test nation can get a 30 point battering at home.

Good result in any circumstances.

Some players redeemed themselves, glad to see Fitzgerald making the most of his opportunity. O'brien was outstanding, but everyone seemed to have moments of importance and an impact on the game.

Now let's hope this French team with nothing to play for actually give England a bit of a game. I can see England stealing this Championship, they score tries for fun

Yeah, it's possible, but - like all the other nations TBF - the French are never just going to lie down and play dead against England, whether or not they themselves have anything to play for.

Hopefully! But if it starts badly and the crowd get on their back you never know

Back
Top Bottom