• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fabs might come back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which academies have the best reputation in the UK? West Ham produced quite a few big players to my recollection…
Queens Park Rangers have had a few good players before they moved on to other academies. Harvey and Raheem for instance

So is this really just an attitude adjustment thing? He looked good for us. He looked great for Fulham. He should be playing top level for someone no?

I remember when we started against Everton, away, with a midfield of Fabinho, Elliot & Carvalho.

Fun times.

Confirmed moving to Hull on a loan. Good move for him and lets hope he can play himself into some good form and performances.
15 clubs were apparently interested in him this window, so if we decide to move him on this summer we could maybe get a decent fee.

The Hull manager had some kind choice of words for him after the loan was finalised, Liam Rosenior always comes across as a sound and knowledgeable chap when he does his sporadic punditry work.

On Fabio and his move;

Head coach Liam Rosenior said: “I couldn’t be happier. Everyone is aware of Fábio’s ability, his qualities as a young player.
“I have to give Acun and Tan so much credit for the work they’ve done to bring him here. We’re building a reputation, not just in England but in Europe, for the way we develop players. Our style of play and ambition are really important factors in attracting players to the club.
“Fábio is excited to be coming here and I’m delighted to be working with him to the end of the season. Technically, he’s outstanding. He can assist, score and run in behind. He’s brave, quick, very balanced and takes the ball.
“The reason he’s at Liverpool is because he’s got enormous potential and I can’t thank them enough for trusting us; Liverpool have seen the work we’ve done with Tyler Morton.
“Fábio’s got the ability to make a real impact on our season and get us to where we want to be.”

Last edited:
Good move. For the sake of a few games where he might have got minutes, it's better he moves and gets regular playing time in a set up and under management we have a good relationship with and trust. Good luck to the lad, he's got a lot of potential and it can only be good for us, either way.

Good move. For the sake of a few games where he might have got minutes, it's better he moves and gets regular playing time in a set up and under management we have a good relationship with and trust. Good luck to the lad, he's got a lot of potential and it can only be good for us, either way.
Unless he gains about 10 kilos of muscle and has a great season with Hull, I don't think Klopp will take him back.
Even if that happens it seems like Klopp wants nothing to do with him.
Our bench consists of u21s at the moment and he still doesn't give him a chance. That says a lot.

Unless he gains about 10 kilos of muscle and has a great season with Hull, I don't think Klopp will take him back.
Our bench consists of u21s at the moment and he still doesn't give him a chance. That says a lot.

I think you also have to factor in that we have (on paper) three or four forwards who can play on the left - Diaz, Jota, Nunez and Gapko. So that's had a major effect on how much football he was likely to get. I know he can play central, but we don't really play with someone as advanced as he would be in midfield. Yeah he needs to bulk up, but technically he's good. Like I say, either way we'll learn more about him at Hull and go from there.

I think if Klopp had selected him since he came back then he wouldn't have been able to go back out on loan as he can't play for three clubs in one season (he can be registered with three clubs, but can only play for two).
But I still agree with your key point - I don't think Klopp wants anything to do with him right now. Whether that's because his skill-set isn't right for what Klopp wants, or whether there's an attitude issue I don't know.

That’s a good choice. Hull are just off the play off places with plenty to play for and a progressive style. He’s already thrived in the league and has Morton there to settle him in.

Let’s hope he hits the ground running and puts himself in the frame for a summer re-integration or profitable move.

Somethings missing here.

We don't play with a #10? Then why did we sign the kid?

He played well with us, and then binned OFF. He went to Germany and didn't get a look in.

We've an injury crisis going on and he can't get a look in.

he lit the championship on fire with Fulham 3 years ago and now he's back there AGAIN.

Yeah he's either the unluckiest guy around or there's something we don't know.

That being said if he applies himself he may do really well at the end of the Hull spell.

Gained 10 kgs in Germany eating pretzels and drinking beer it seems:

GDetyuwWUAA-Id8

Harsh perhaps but I'd written off his Liverpool career before his loan even started.

The only way a #10 is getting a game in this Klopp team is if they're just fucking amazing and Fabio isn't going to get to that point with us for lots of reasons.

Hopefully he rebuilds his reputation at Hull and he can secure a good move in the summer that works for all parties.

Weird that he would say that. Definite ouch. Don't know if I trust the RBL Sporting director motives after that and I think is different from the SD who brought him in as well. The guy who brought Fabio in was let go (Max Eberl) no?

Harsh perhaps but I'd written off his Liverpool career before his loan even started.

The only way a #10 is getting a game in this Klopp team is if they're just fucking amazing and Fabio isn't going to get to that point with us for lots of reasons.

Hopefully he rebuilds his reputation at Hull and he can secure a good move in the summer that works for all parties.

Why sign a #10 though if we are not going to use one?

That's a Damning criticism
For that to come from the sporting director as well, sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh. Would the SD see what's going on in training everyday to fully stand behind what he meant, or do we reckon that was communicated to him by the manager?

Why sign a #10 though if we are not going to use one?

That was the question many were asking during his first season. There seem(ed) to be no plan for him.

The only conclusion is that we saw an opportunity to buy a promising young player available for next to nothing and took it. I think that's a good thing but you have to have a plan for them - we should have left Carvalho at Fulham for another season.

That was the question many were asking during his first season. There seem(ed) to be no plan for him.

The only conclusion is that we saw an opportunity to buy a promising young player available for next to nothing and took it. I think that's a good thing but you have to have a plan for them - we should have left Carvalho at Fulham for another season.

Great deal, but the Kid would have gone onto great things. And now we've messed around with 12-18 months of his career, no? The kid would have done well @ Fulham and onto a bigger club for sure.

I read somewhere that Klopp had nothing to do with it, signing Carvalho that is. The club thought it was a good deal.

I read somewhere that Klopp had nothing to do with it, signing Carvalho that is. The club thought it was a good deal.
You can see why, stand out young talent in the championship. A guy that just turned 20, 5.5m. Why the fuck not, worst case scenario and it doesn’t work out we’ll get our money back. It’s a scouting mission isn’t it. I wonder how much Klopp had to do with Baj Doak Bradley etc, probably very little if anything.

You can see why, stand out young talent in the championship. A guy that just turned 20, 5.5m. Why the fuck not, worst case scenario and it doesn’t work out we’ll get our money back. It’s a scouting mission isn’t it. I wonder how much Klopp had to do with Baj Doak Bradley etc, probably very little if anything.
I wouldn't compare him with players we signed when they were 16-17 years old with no senior experience.

Last edited:
For that to come from the sporting director as well, sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh. Would the SD see what's going on in training everyday to fully stand behind what he meant, or do we reckon that was communicated to him by the manager?
Or a Sporting Director who sanctioned the loan in the first place is trying to save face by throwing him under the bus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom