• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

agger

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=27188.msg684078#msg684078 date=1222424990]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=27188.msg684076#msg684076 date=1222424876]
Look man, if EVERYONE disagrees with you.......its not them!
[/quote]

Haha..

Agger brings the ball out alot though and it does help the side, but I agree, his passing is too often shite, and I wish to God he'd cut out the attempted Hollywood passes that never come off.
[/quote]

His passses sometimes go astray but more often than the majority on here seems to rekognize, he's hitting them quite well. Here's one from the Liege-game that certainly came off;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZoqembZ-G8

I'm not saying he isn't overdoing at times, he is, but personally I'm just thrilled to see players pull these passess off - it certainly gives your team and edge.

Oh, and while we're at it, the kind of movement that will tear defenses appart;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL5d1wxZmX0

While I do think Carra and Skrtel should remain first choice until Agger proves otherwise, its very important to give him run outs to keep him content and what rebel says about playing th lesser sides at Anfield holds some merit. He is the most comfortable in possesion and can start a break from the back.

Hyypia is nearly finished and Carra wont last forever and in Skrtel and Agger we could have an excellent centre half pairing for the next 10 years or so, plus it would be a serious pain in the arse come next season if Sami and Agger(for very little due to contract) leave and we are back to scrambling around for a new centre back for cover, which could waste a lot of funds and may turn out to be shite?

[quote author=Pandabear link=topic=27188.msg684500#msg684500 date=1222466099]
hyypia is the most overrated player in 6cm..
[/quote]

HAHAHAHA you fucking moron.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=27188.msg684505#msg684505 date=1222466494]
[/quote]

HAHAHAHA you fucking moron.
[/quote]

hilarity

[/quote]

Go and slap a servant you horrible twat.

[/quote]

Has to be on the windup.

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=27188.msg684536#msg684536 date=1222469510]
[/quote]

Go and slap a servant you horrible twat.
[/quote]

Ha.

"He's so good at passing..."

Turn it up a notch.. This is Hyypia, looks up.. spots a run.. kicks it straight to the goalie..

He's a horrible passer of the ball..

So his long range passing isnt Gerrard-esque. So?
Thats like saying Torres is shit in the tackle.
Youre a right scabby little wanker you.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=27188.msg684612#msg684612 date=1222503308]
Why is Pandabear still here?

[/quote]
Cos Panda hasn't broken any rules obvie..

Why do you care so much?

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=27188.msg684604#msg684604 date=1222500387]
So his long range passing isnt Gerrard-esque. So?
Thats like saying Torres is shit in the tackle.
Youre a right scabby little wanker you.
[/quote]

It may not be Gerrardesque, but it's still pretty good. This WUM is talking his usual sh!te.

Daniel Agger is refusing to commit to a new deal at Liverpool until manager Rafa Benitez confirms whether the Dane has a first-team future at the club. (News of the World)

Going by the old addage that there is no smoke without fire then it is easy to conclude that all is not right in Dani Agger's football world.

It makes sense that he would want to know. He doesn't want to be sitting on the bench for 3 seasons waiting for Carra to get past his best.
Surely he could play against teams like Stoke though, give him a chance to displace someone though?
Though on current form its hard to drop either of our CB's though.
We never seem to be able to keep players happy on the bench like Man U seem to be able to.

[quote author=Pandabear link=topic=27188.msg684635#msg684635 date=1222505999]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Since when did we have rules?

We let you stay dont we?
So shut yer hole you fucking spaz-stik

Another clean sheet at the weekend.

Daniel Agger can shut the fuck up and stay sitting.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=27188.msg686367#msg686367 date=1222645478]

[/quote]

I'm suprised Rebel didn't call for Agger to be brought on at half time. We did need a goal.

Just jokes Rebel.

[/quote]

He certainly should play come Champions League midweek don't you agree? Or would you keep him out untill Skrtl looses us a game?

The Carra / Skrtl partnership hasn't leaked many goals so far but they are not the perfect centerback pairing as they are far to alike in my opinion. None of them have the composure nor skill to turn defence into attack - at least they are not in the same league as Agger who's on his day is one of the most skillful CB's in the world. We will often need our defenders talent on the break as well or as adding up the numbers when playing tight oppositions, and as a result we need an in-form Agger to play.

If he doesn't play at home in the Champions League come Wednesday - especially after his MOTM performance midweek in the Carling Cup - no wonder if he's severely dissapointed. He should be.

[quote author=the_khl link=topic=27188.msg686539#msg686539 date=1222673364]

[/quote]

He certainly should play come Champions League midweek don't you agree? Or would you keep him out untill Skrtl looses us a game?

The Carra / Skrtl partnership hasn't leaked many goals so far but they are not the perfect centerback pairing as they are far to alike in my opinion. None of them have the composure nor skill to turn defence into attack - at least they are not in the same league as Agger who's on his day is one of the most skillful CB's in the world. We will often need our defenders talent on the break as well or as adding up the numbers when playing tight oppositions, and as a result we need an in-form Agger to play.

If he doesn't play at home in the Champions League come Wednesday - especially after his MOTM performance midweek in the Carling Cup - no wonder if he's severely dissapointed. He should be.
[/quote]

Why should he be?? He shouldn't be in because Carra and Skrtel are in fine form, and I think you underestimate Skrtel's ability to 'play', he's not quite for the swagger of Agger, but he's proving an excellent centreback who is great at defending, which is what he's there for first and foremost.

How many goals have we conceded?

Whether Agger's more skillful is irrelevant, it's like putting a striker in because he's better defensively than another who's a better goalscorer.

[quote author=Pandabear link=topic=27188.msg684635#msg684635 date=1222505999]

[/quote]

Why do you care so much?
[/quote]

I don't.

Life would just be a tiny-weeny bit better if I didn't have to read your wannabe-controversial shite every day.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=27188.msg686542#msg686542 date=1222673964]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why should he be?? He shouldn't be in because Carra and Skrtel are in fine form, and I think you underestimate Skrtel's ability to 'play', he's not quite for the swagger of Agger, but he's proving an excellent centreback who is great at defending, which is what he's there for first and foremost.

How many goals have we conceded?

Whether Agger's more skillful is irrelevant, it's like putting a striker in because he's better defensively than another who's a better goalscorer.
[/quote]

Agger is not a striker mind.

He certainly knows how to defend though he is no no-nonsense defender like Skrtl and Carra as he's got differents assets to his game - and this is exactly why I reckon he merits a place in the team when fit.

You won't win with a team of Carraghers Ryan wrote a few days back, in a very intelligent thought out post by the way, and this argument underlines exactly why we need a type of defender as Agger to play. United have Rio, Chelsea have Carvalho and Arsenal have Gallas/Toure whom are all well capable of joining the attack. Something we dearly miss without Agger.

Skrtl has been good so far but he is, as usual when a player hits form, suddenly massively overrated. I've just read elsewhere that there are posters who reckon him to one of four key-players. That's just so wrong.

No-one should be undroppable, and with a player like Agger waiting on the sideline Rafa must at least contemplate whether it's about time to give him a go against better opposition than Crewe.

[/quote]

[/quote]

You're so biased it's unreal.

I think we can agree that the first and foremost job of a defender is to prevent the team from conceding goals. We conceded 2 goals so far in the PL. Yes, 2. The smallest number of conceded goals in the PL so far. For how many of them were Carra or Skrtel at fault? They're forming one of the finest and most successful CB pairings in the PL at the moment.

And still you're banging on about how your Danish chappy should play because of "his composure to turn defence into attack", MOM performances in the Carling Cup and so on. Any reason is fine enough it seems.

There have been numerous discussions concerning Rafa's rotation policy. And time and time again most of the posters agreed that we should play our strongest first XI week in and week out unless there are injuries or serious dips in form. None of that is the case at the moment. So why should we bench Carra or Skrtel just to play Agger?

It's not that I don't like Danny Agger - I think he's a good player and I'm happy that he's with us. But he can bang in free kicks or whatever in the Carling Cup or the ressies for all I care - as long as Carra and Skrtel provide this kind of form they're in Agger should wait for his turn.

Would you also fight let's say Lucas' corner if he did a MOM performance in the Carling Cup and scored a hattrick and back him to replace Stevie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom