• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why people bother making bold predictions about anything, what's the point. Look at last season FFS and what our expectations were and where we ended up.

The lad could break his leg in his first game, he could be shit, he could be great, it doesn't mean it's going to have a significant difference in any way.

He's a good player and it's a bit gutting, but quit being defeatist fannies.

Absolutely. A couple of loud-mouthing-know-it-alls had their hair shaven for laughing out aloud about Liverpool's chances on talkSh!te. Now the same loud-mouthing-know-it-alls are saying Liverpool will struggle this year because of European football :rolleyes: Which is which?

I give you Atletico Madrid as exhibit 1 that you can do it (with 16 damn good players and a footballing philosophy)

I'd take 4th too, but only because it's so crucial.

Personally I'm at least going to see who we sign for the rest of the window, because we're obviously not done yet. Jeez, until yesterday Arsenal hadn't signed anyone at all, and then when they did it was to strengthen their strongest department (sort of, I know he might play as striker).

I've got faith in Rodgers. I think he's the best manager in the league.

I do rate Rodgers, and I think we finished where we did last season because of him...

However, take Suarez out of that side and while it's still a good side, we don't have that star player like top, top teams have. I'm waiting to see who we get too, but there's nobody realistically available that we could get that could take up Suarez's mantle immediately.

With regards to what Mark said, obviously I don't know the future, but the whole point is to discuss where we think we'll end up. I THINK we'll struggle to mount a title challenge. There's a few teams with better players than us, especially since Suarez has gone, and there's teams with more depth than us.

I do rate Rodgers, and I think we finished where we did last season because of him...

However, take Suarez out of that side and while it's still a good side, we don't have that star player like top, top teams have. I'm waiting to see who we get too, but there's nobody realistically available that we could get that could take up Suarez's mantle immediately.

With regards to what Mark said, obviously I don't know the future, but the whole point is to discuss where we think we'll end up. I THINK we'll struggle to mount a title challenge. There's a few teams with better players than us, especially since Suarez has gone, and there's teams with more depth than us.

The prospect of replacing Suarez in the short term looks bleak, I agree. I'd be staggered if we scored as many goals next season.

But the flip side is we've got a LOT of scope to improve the defence, and that might well compensate quite a lot.

Ultimately we have, what, £60m plus the Suarez money, plus probably another £20m from sales... I don't think it takes a delusional optimist to see that there's scope there to at least keep pace with last season, as long as we spend pretty well.

arsenal will finish above us next year.

And then "minus one" will be ruled as an illusion. We'll be handed the trophy. Wenger will be executed, publicly, for offences against New Zealanders (it's a long story), and the stadium is blown up as penance. THAT IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom