• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's no Suarez. Hence why Barca are replacing him.

He'd have been better for us than Arsenal though. That said I'm more excited about Markovic than I would have been with Sanchez. However, Sanchez is proven quality and there's some reassurance in that.

fuck it, I'll post it then go for a quick vomit

gun__1405013789_sanchez_trainingkit2.jpg

Lets hope he is marred by injury like most Arse star players.

I hope he goes the same way as a lot of arse signings. Just like bug eyes did and arse shavings before him.

Sounds like Arsenal, they're desperately short of defensive midfielders, so they sell one of the two they have.

Talksport were having an Arsenal wankathon earlier, Adrian Durham reckons they're contenders now they have Sanchez and if they get Khedira they'll be unstoppable.

Arsenal will come flying out of the gates in Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov as per usual. Top of the league, swag football, silky goals, sun shining, everyone banging on about this being 'their year'.

Then they'll fall apart in January and February, as they always fucking do. Because there is not one leader in that team, not one winner, and no sense of do or die about them.

What won United titles for years on end wasn't just Van Nistelrooy banging them in for fun, or Ronaldo scoring 90th minute winners, it was the likes of Neville, Bruce, Keane, Ince, etc ensuring that their standards never dipped, and that 3 points away to Bolton in February means as much as 3 points at home to Charlton in the middle of August. Arsenal have none of those types of characters. They used to have them, in fact Wenger inherited them - Adams, Dixon, Seamen - winners, and ballsy fucking footballers.

What's Jack Wilshere, or Mesut Ozil, Vermaelen, or fucking Giroud gonna do for you when the chips are down? Fuck all.

Arsenal will come flying out of the gates in Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov as per usual. Top of the league, swag football, silky goals, sun shining, everyone banging on about this being 'their year'.

Then they'll fall apart in January and February, as they always fucking do. Because there is not one leader in that team, not one winner, and no sense of do or die about them.

What won United titles for years on end wasn't just Van Nistelrooy banging them in for fun, or Ronaldo scoring 90th minute winners, it was the likes of Neville, Bruce, Keane, Ince, etc ensuring that their standards never dipped, and that 3 points away to Bolton in February means as much as 3 points at home to Charlton in the middle of August. Arsenal have none of those types of characters. They used to have them, in fact Wenger inherited them - Adams, Dixon, Seamen - winners, and ballsy fucking footballers.

What's Jack Wilshere, or Mesut Ozil, Vermaelen, or fucking Giroud gonna do for you when the chips are down? Fuck all.

This too.

But they'll finish top 4.

A bit like this:

Jul - Sign Sanchez, Remy and Debuchy
Aug - We're going to win the league and Champions League
Dec - #WengerOUT
May - Finish 4th

Mesut Ozil trying to inspire his teammates sounds hilarious.

Only player on that team I can see being *that guy* are probably Mertesacker, assuming Arteta leaves. And I don't think Mertesacker commands enough respect in that dressing room to have enough of an impact.

They actually do seem to be identifying targets that address their weaknesses for once, though. Sanchez, Remy, Debuchy and a DM either Schneiderlin or Khedira would improve them a great deal. I think they'll finish top 3, actually.

A bit like this:

Jul - Sign Sanchez, Remy and Debuchy
Aug - We're going to win the league and Champions League
Dec - #WengerOUT
May - Finish 4th

If we beat them to Remy right when they were about to sign him, that would be fantastic.

People need to remember who we're dealing with here. It's Arsenal. They simply don't exist as a viable title challenging team anymore. Nothing will or can change until Wenger leaves.

They could sign Messi and it still wouldn't worry me.

People need to remember who we're dealing with here. It's Arsenal. They simply don't exist as a viable title challenging team anymore. Nothing will or can change until Wenger leaves.

Heh, yep.

That is probably taking it too far...

Sign a top striker and DM and they could challenge.

No one is questioning the quality the gunners have within their ranks. We're questioning the mettle within it.

Although signing not only a great player but a fighter in Sanchez helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom