• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alisson Wonderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess Alisson is no longer going to be carrying the tag "World's most expensive GK" now.

I know our rivals were delighted to beat us over the head with that line.. along with the "World's most expensive defender" tag.

Hopefully United will be forced to take that tag away too with their pursuit of Maguire. LOL.

So I guess Alisson is no longer going to be carrying the tag "World's most expensive GK" now.

I know our rivals were delighted to beat us over the head with that line.. along with the "World's most expensive defender" tag.

Hopefully United will be forced to take that tag away too with their pursuit of Maguire. LOL.

The clever thing was by making those signings we also fucked our rivals in the ass when they need to make big signings.... it kinda levels the playing field for the big clubs in a way.

Glad Alisson has got that monkey off his back, let Kepa have it instead. Last thing we need is any extra stress on any of our keepers, Chelsea are well overdue for a shit one for a change.

Chelsea, under Sarri, need a GK who is good with his feet and can play out from the back.

Their best option would have been Alisson (a player Sarri would know about). We did well to get in there early, and now Chelsea have been forced into going for a 2nd choice, more expensive, younger, less established, non-English speaking GK target in Kepa. Let them take the risk on him coming good. It would have been us had we not moved early.

Chelsea, under Sarri, need a GK who is good with his feet and can play out from the back.

Their best option would have been Alisson (a player Sarri would know about). We did well to get in there early, and now Chelsea have been forced into going for a 2nd choice, more expensive, younger, less established, non-English speaking GK target in Kepa. Let them take the risk on him coming good. It would have been us had we not moved early.

I agree it's good to have got our business done early, but the Chavs aren't offering Champs League this season and for that reason I always felt Alisson would be more likely to come to us.

I agree it's good to have got our business done early, but the Chavs aren't offering Champs League this season and for that reason I always felt Alisson would be more likely to come to us.
I thought it was all down to agent Bobby ?

That may well have helped to some degree but I doubt it would have persuaded him to come to us if we'd been the ones dropping down to the Europa League.

Yeah he's a big red and I think he'd be made up to have one of his songs used by the supporters and you're right that the club could benefit as well. The only thing that might stop him getting personally involved at the moment is that he's cancelled a few gigs lately due to poor health. Apparently he misjudged how quickly he'd recover from surgery after cancer treatment and was doing too much too soon.

Elvis Costello's a Red, isn't he? Might the club be missing a trick here publicity-wise?
Yeah he's a big red and I think he'd be made up to have one of his songs used by the supporters and you're right that the club could benefit as well. The only thing that might stop him getting personally involved at the moment is that he's cancelled a few gigs lately due to poor health. Apparently he misjudged how quickly he'd recover from surgery after cancer treatment and was doing too much too soon.
he told the S*n to shove it a few weeks back

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/elvis-costello-the-sun-cancer-14874178

Elvis Costello has cancelled his remaining tour dates after undergoing cancer surgery - and has slammed The S*n for their reporting on the issue.
The 63-year-old music icon, who grew up in Birkenhead, scrapped the rest of his European tour, stating he was following advice to rest from doctors after they removed a "small but very aggressive cancerous malignancy".

The S*n, which has been boycotted throughout Merseyside and beyond for decades, ran with the headline: "Brit music legend Elvis Costello cancels tour as he battles ‘aggressive’ cancer" - suggesting the star was in the midst of an ongoing cancer battle.

The reality, however, was that he said he felt "lucky" that the tumour could be removed with just one surgery and he was resting to recover from the operation.

He posted on Twitter: "Typical “S*N” laziness. People who can’t write for people who can’t think. Don’t need your sympathy. Tell that to the 96."

Costello - whose real name is Declan Patrick MacManus - was met with scores of social media users agreeing with him and backing him up against the national newspaper while also wishing him well in the process.

he told the S*n to shove it a few weeks back

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/elvis-costello-the-sun-cancer-14874178

Elvis Costello has cancelled his remaining tour dates after undergoing cancer surgery - and has slammed The S*n for their reporting on the issue.
The 63-year-old music icon, who grew up in Birkenhead, scrapped the rest of his European tour, stating he was following advice to rest from doctors after they removed a "small but very aggressive cancerous malignancy".

The S*n, which has been boycotted throughout Merseyside and beyond for decades, ran with the headline: "Brit music legend Elvis Costello cancels tour as he battles ‘aggressive’ cancer" - suggesting the star was in the midst of an ongoing cancer battle.

The reality, however, was that he said he felt "lucky" that the tumour could be removed with just one surgery and he was resting to recover from the operation.

He posted on Twitter: "Typical “S*N” laziness. People who can’t write for people who can’t think. Don’t need your sympathy. Tell that to the 96."

Costello - whose real name is Declan Patrick MacManus - was met with scores of social media users agreeing with him and backing him up against the national newspaper while also wishing him well in the process.
Good on him. Trust them twats to go straight for the sensationalist angle rather than reporting the facts like a reputable newspaper would. As a journalist working for the Sun must be like selling your soul to the devil as you know integrity and honesty are frowned upon by the owner and editors. It's even sadder that more newspapers and television companies are following their example and it seems journalistic ethics are as rare as rocking horse shit.

I’m very embarrassed to say that I didn’t know Costello was scouse. Even though I’d bought a CD of his around 25 years ago. While living in Liverpool.

He isnt. And given that Alisson, according to the media, was their nr 1 target but they didnt bid for him due to the fee, and then bought Kepa for a few million more - sounds like some poor and not thought true transfer strategy.

He isnt. And given that Alisson, according to the media, was their nr 1 target but they didnt bid for him due to the fee, and then bought Kepa for a few million more - sounds like some poor and not thought true transfer strategy.

Better still, apparently it was not due to the fee, but due to the fact that Allison preferred us because we're in the CL and looked like a better project for him to be part of.

Big fucking stretch of water in the way though like.

I love winding up people round these ways by calling them wools cos they don't have purple bins.

They get properly angry.

Yet you call someone in Formby a scouser & they get properly angry. Possibly even have a heart attack or stroke cos they're all fucking ancient there.

had the luck to work on a music video for the "Juliet Letters" back on the early 1990's. He was a grumpy sod but now I forgive him (Deco Mac!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom