• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Andy Carroll In Danger Yo !

Status
Not open for further replies.
you dont think he improved the team after hodgsons spell in charge? he fucked up with the players he bought but he had us playing good football at times

And won a trophy. Yes, he made some big mistakes, but the idea that that's all he did is ridiculous.

The problem is that the money available to him probably won't come again for a long time and the way in which it was wasted has set us back. Near enough 100M was spent in the space of 6 months and whilst some of that was used well (Suarez for example), it should have regenerated our squad.

We're now faced with trying to achieve what we could've done in one go over the course of a number of transfer windows.

Shame.

The problem is that the money available to him probably won't come again for a long time and the way in which it was wasted has set us back. Near enough 100M was spent in the space of 6 months and whilst some of that was used well (Suarez for example), it should have regenerated our squad.

We're now faced with trying to achieve what we could've done in one go over the course of a number of transfer windows.

Shame.

I think the really frustrating thing for me was that I could see from the word go that we'd fucked up massively with Carroll, and then to compound that with another £18m on Downing to try and get the best out of a player who didn't fit..... fuck me, that was annoying.

Tbf though I think Comolli was at least as much to blame as Kenny.

Well it's everyone really, isn't it?

We've been making the same mistakes for years now. From senior management down to the scouts... there seems to be something wrong.

Hopefully we're about to fix it now though. The new scouting department is all but in place.
If West Ham are offering him close to 100k a week, I think he might actually go there.

We've said he has a groin strain but he could have played tomorrow and not be cup tied.

I like him, but sadly it didnt work out. Time to move on and sign a player that fits the managers plans.

Sooner he goes the better. He's the type of forward that is fast becoming extinct. Just got to hope that we are trying to offload downing, adam and henderson as well.

They won't go extinct. There will come a time when they're suddenly back in demand. Carroll will come back and lose us 6 points a season when he plays against us. Moyes took the bluenoses to Swansea last season and ruthlessly exploited the dogmatism on which Rodgers relied. I don't mind rejecting a player like Carroll after a period of serious coaching, but to dismiss him immediately, that's criminal as far as I'm concerned.

Shame.

Nail on head

the handling of this whole saga has been a mess.

we need a pr guru / someone with an ounce of sense to come in and slap the club silly. its one poorly handled situation after another.

we need a pr guru / someone with an ounce of sense to come in and slap the club silly. its one poorly handled situation after another.

We brought in Jen Chnag who does our PR stuff now.

Don't you notice the improvement..........

They won't go extinct. There will come a time when they're suddenly back in demand. Carroll will come back and lose us 6 points a season when he plays against us. Moyes took the bluenoses to Swansea last season and ruthlessly exploited the dogmatism on which Rodgers relied. I don't mind rejecting a player like Carroll after a period of serious coaching, but to dismiss him immediately, that's criminal as far as I'm concerned.
No system is perfect. Barcelona lose or draw many games and have yet to win in england if i remember correctly. yes the long ball to the big man will win you games at times, but more often than not it will fail hence why top teams moving away from those types of strikers. Rodgers obviously doesn't rate him and wants fluidity up front. Even though i don't rate or want dempsey i can see his logic in wanting him. Three guys (dempsey, suarez and borini) who can all interchange up front creating space for others and who have a seriously high work rate. Either one of the three can play in any of the positions up front making them harder to mark. Carroll isn't that type of striker and never will be. Anyone can see that a mile off, and remember rodgers has watched all our matches from last season so knows that as well so he wants rid of him. For better or for worse rodgers wants to implement his system and doesn't see carroll being a part of that. Better to get rid than keep someone who he has no interest in.

There's always a place for it, it works, particularly in the Premiership. The problem is, the top teams will inevitably play decent football, so it more often than not becomes just an option (unless your as complete a player as Drogba is), we can't afford to have a £35m option, when we've got £5m first teamers.

There's always a place for it, it works, particularly in the Premiership. The problem is, the top teams will inevitably play decent football, so it more often than not becomes just an option (unless your as complete a player as Drogba is), we can't afford to have a £35m option, when we've got £5m first teamers.
Like i said it still works, but more often than not it fails, if it didn't the top teams would all be playing that style. Drogba is a one of a kind, absolute beast of a player whether he's in the air or not. I reckon within 20 years the premiership will be very continental in its approach. All the new managers now are wanting to play with the ball on the deck.

The Rodgers revolution is in full swing. There'll be a few surprise departures yet. As long as the first team and squad is strengthened I'm all for it. However, it looks like BR is trying to maximise this transfer to fix the mistakes of the last 3 or 4 seasons.

Well he has a vision that he seems intent on imprinting in the shortest time possible. Its all about getting the right players. Hopefully the results follow too.

If we can get Allen then I'll be happy, but we need to either keep Carroll or invest in someone of real quality in the final third, particularly if we're losing Bellamy aswell. If Carroll is sold to fund Allen and that's about the end of our activity, then we've been sold short because of last seasons fuck up.

Think Barrett said Allen is coming in regardless of who is sold or not, he's usually on the money

If we can get Allen then I'll be happy, but we need to either keep Carroll or invest in someone of real quality in the final third, particularly if we're losing Bellamy aswell. If Carroll is sold to fund Allen and that's about the end of our activity, then we've been sold short because of last seasons fuck up.

I really can't believe we'll go into the season with just Suarez and Borini as strikers, having sold Kuyt, Bellamy, and Carroll. That'd just be mental.

Wouldn't it?

There will be a striker coming in. With over a month to go of the window many clubs are waiting on the likes of Sturridge, Dzeko, Adebayor etc.

Could be a some good bargains out there

Carroll has been treated rather shabbily. He is digging in his heels. Lets see what happens.

I agree, I can sympathise with Rodgers now having his hands tied because of past fuck ups, and I feel sorry for Andy too, he's a good player who's had a hefty fee chained around his neck. There's so many frustrating aspects to it and the conclusion will always be that we just shouldn't have bought him. I don't think he's done himself any favours at times, but then I believe what was posted when he joined about him not having much of a say in it.

He's been paid handsomely though, let's not forget that...

Personally I don't see his signing as a fuck up. I'd buy Carroll now. The current LFC defence won't be able to tame him on form. That's the sad thing.

Personally I don't see his signing as a fuck up. I'd buy Carroll now. The current LFC defence won't be able to tame him on form. That's the sad thing.

For £35m it was a fuck up. In hindsight. We had our hands tied because Torres went, but ultimately we could have not signed him and still had the same season, such was his impact. I rate him Macca and I do think on his day he's unplayable, he's young and has loads of raw ability, there's just always a 'but' though.

I agree, I can sympathise with Rodgers now having his hands tied because of past fuck ups, and I feel sorry for Andy too, he's a good player who's had a hefty fee chained around his neck. There's so many frustrating aspects to it and the conclusion will always be that we just shouldn't have bought him. I don't think he's done himself any favours at times, but then I believe what was posted when he joined about him not having much of a say in it.

He's been paid handsomely though, let's not forget that...
I have little sympathy for Carroll. In the end he dug his own grave. His lifestyle didn't help either. We bought him injured and when he finally recovered and played didn't look like he gave a fuck. Pity the good form came too late. There's a beast inside of him waiting to be unleashed but it won't be at Liverpool.

If he had a clue, West Ham is a good option to rebuild his career because he'd pretty much be a guaranteed starter under Big Sam. His confidence will grow as he gets regular game time and he'll score goals. He'll be a bench warmer at Newcastle because Cisse and Ba will start ahead of him.

WEST HAM skipper Kevin Nolan has told pal Andy Carroll: ‘Sign up and turn us into a top-six club’.

Nolan reckons the Liverpool striker could be the catalyst for the team to shock the Premier League’s big guns.

Nolan and manager Sam Allardyce feel that the winning mentality gained in their Championship Play-Off Final promotion will stay with them in the top flight.

Outspoken Sam was delighted stars like Carlton Cole stayed to help get the the club back up to the top flight in one season – but admitted it was their fault they had dropped out of the Premier League.

Big Sam also feels the way he was treated at Newcastle and Bolton has damaged his reputation as a manager.

Nolan said: “I would be delighted if Andy would come and join us here.

“I am not too sure whether Brendan Rodgers will let him leave but there is lots of speculation – there always is surrounding Andy.

“If there is a chance, we would be in the reckoning for him because he is such a quality player.”

Nolan – Sam’s former leader at Bolton – reckons his wily boss may shock the league.

“I think everyone who has worked with Sam can honestly say he gives you everything he has got and gives you every little bit of detail to make sure you do well.

“He is not given the praise for what he has done at clubs he has been at, or complimented for what he has done.”

And Big Sam feels that Nolan’s year scrapping in the Championship alongside other players like Cole and Mark Noble will have made them all stronger characters.

He said: “Kevin always gets the dressing room pulling in the right direction.

“He boosts team spirit, commitment and every year goals have been consistently been part of his game – that is his main asset.”

The problem would appear to be that Carroll will be a secondary option at most in Rodgers preferred style, so regardless of Carroll staying or going we would need another striker. The financial balancing act means that in all probability we will have to sell a player who would be second choice in order to fund the purchase of player who the manager sees as a first team option. Keeping Carroll really isnt an option, unless we happen to stumble onto some shit hot striker whose club are desperate to get rid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom