• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Andy Carroll In Danger Yo !

Status
Not open for further replies.
carrolll could replace borini in that front 3 from time to time, he is an important part of our squad

Forget plan A and B! The only plan we should have is a winning one. Results are all that count in the end.

Carroll has dufferent attributes from the other strikers and its up to him to improve. He must have the desire to play and show that at every training session. Rodgers must help him improve and coax the best out of him. Carroll has it all to do and looks determined enough to do so.

The applause he got from the Anfield crowd will be appreciated no doubt and spur him on.

carrolll could replace borini in that front 3 from time to time, he is an important part of our squad
No he couldnt as they are totally different players. Borini can play all across the front 3, carroll can play through the middle. The difference in mobility and work rate isn't even close. Carroll doesn't fit our new style of play

Forget plan A and B! The only plan we should have is a winning one. Results are all that count in the end.

Carroll has dufferent attributes from the other strikers and its up to him to improve. He must have the desire to play and show that at every training session. Rodgers must help him improve and coax the best out of him. Carroll has it all to do and looks determined enough to do so.

The applause he got from the Anfield crowd will be appreciated no doubt and spur him on.
You can have all the desire you want, but without the ability it means nothing. If that was the case we would all be professional footballers.

That isn't Rodgers philosophy though, you don't win at all costs.

You stick to the game plan no matter what, & (using his infamous statistic) you'll win 79% of the matches you operate that plan correctly.

If we're 0-0 with ten mins to go he isn't gonna put Carroll on & tell everyone to hoof it to him. He may switch the forward players round or push the cm up to create more pressure, but the ethos will remain the same.

That was where I was coming from when I said I'd have liked to see us at 0-0 for longer last night, to see if the players will stick to that game plan.

Andy Carrol would probably not fit Wengers style of play either, but god knows how many times he would have needed such a player to bail him out.

I don't think that works in reality, despite how it looks like it will.

The reality is that Arsenal over-elaborate in front of goal, but sticking Carroll upfront at any time in Wengers rein would have made Carroll stick out like a sore thumb.

I don't think that works in reality, despite how it looks like it will.

The reality is that Arsenal over-elaborate in front of goal, but sticking Carroll upfront at any time in Wengers rein would have made Carroll stick out like a sore thumb.
And he would have messed up their passing game big time with his static movement and poor first touch. Will be interesting to see how he gets on if he starts against Bayer L.

No he couldnt as they are totally different players. Borini can play all across the front 3, carroll can play through the middle. The difference in mobility and work rate isn't even close. Carroll doesn't fit our new style of play

I'm loathe to agree with you, seeing as Carroll slept with, then battered, your missus, such is your hatred for him. However you are right in this bit, Carroll plays through the centre or not at all, though he will put the work rate in tracking back, but he can't play the channels or pull wide constantly, only occasionally, the centre is his playground.

Rory Smith was banging on on twitter before about how unrealistic City are for asking £18m for Dzeko.... personally if I could sell Carroll for £15m and get Dzeko for similar money then I'd be more than happy. I know he hasn't had a great time there but he's still a much better player than Carroll imo. I guess his wages would be pretty ludicrous, though.

Rory Smith was banging on on twitter before about how unrealistic City are for asking £18m for Dzeko.... personally if I could sell Carroll for £15m and get Dzeko for similar money then I'd be more than happy. I know he hasn't had a great time there but he's still a much better player than Carroll imo. I guess his wages would be pretty ludicrous, though.
He's on about double what carroll is on apparently, couldn't see him coming here

I'm loathe to agree with you, seeing as Carroll slept with, then battered, your missus, such is your hatred for him. However you are right in this bit, Carroll plays through the centre or not at all, though he will put the work rate in tracking back, but he can't play the channels or pull wide constantly, only occasionally, the centre is his playground.
Actually he did A to M on her which she didn't tell me about until she kissed me lol. Ok ok i'm not his greatess fan i don't deny it but if kenny was still here i would actually want carroll to stay and in the starting 11. Under kenny's system carroll would be fundamental in our team. But under Rodgers who wants more fluidity carroll doesn't fit. That's why i don't understand why people are having a go at Rodgers for not giving carroll a chance. Any man and his dog can see this system plays to carroll's weaknesses.

How would Dzeko fit in our system? There's no way that he's the type of player we need.

How would Dzeko fit in our system? There's no way that he's the type of player we need.

He's a good all round striker. Swansea did play with one of those last year, after all. I think a regular centre forward fits well enough in Rodgers' system, just as, say, Mario Gomez fits Germany's fluidity - what's much harder to accommodate is a big old fashioned target man like Carroll.

He's a good all round striker. Swansea did play with one of those last year, after all. I think a regular centre forward fits well enough in Rodgers' system, just as, say, Mario Gomez fits Germany's fluidity - what's much harder to accommodate is a big old fashioned target man like Carroll.
He doesn't seem that much of an all rounder. More of another player that likes going through the middle. I don't remember ever seeing him running the channels and creating space on both flanks. We need more like that to play up front with Borini and Suarez, thats why im GUTTED about bellamy leaving because he would be perfect for that style of play.

After the Gomel game does anyone think Andy has any future at this club ? I have only seen the highlights but clearly there is no room in this new system for a player like him is there ?

It seems big Andy is the only one who hasnt realised it, I have a horrible feeling we will end up letting him go on loan to Newcastle on the last day of the window

Funny thing is Carroll spent the first year of his Liverpool career not trying in the slightest, then put a shift in to get to the Euros and played a few decent games. Now we have a new manager and a new style of play it doesnt matter how hard he tries, all his assets are pretty much nullified by Rodgers system and his weaknesses are magnified.

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Birmingham City), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddy (Norwich City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Steven Caulker (Tottenham Hotspur), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Jake Livermore (Tottenham Hotspur), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Jack Rodwell (Everton), Ashley Young (Manchester United).

Forwards: Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

You can have all the desire you want, but without the ability it means nothing. If that was the case we would all be professional footballers.
That's a bit of an over simplification don't you think? Carroll hasn't made it to Liverpool and played for England because of his desire, the lad has ability. His problem has been application thereof and lack of confidence.

As Jon quoted on the statistic, I don't mind winning 79 percent of games playing the game as Rodgers wants to play but I would like a game changer on the bench who can come in and win us games when needed.

It seems big Andy is the only one who hasnt realised it, I have a horrible feeling we will end up letting him go on loan to Newcastle on the last day of the window

Funny thing is Carroll spent the first year of his Liverpool career not trying in the slightest, then put a shift in to get to the Euros and played a few decent games. Now we have a new manager and a new style of play it doesnt matter how hard he tries, all his assets are pretty much nullified by Rodgers system and his weaknesses are magnified.

Thats what sickens me about him - how can you play against Chelsea like that in two consecutive games ( a team with a good defence ) having played utter shite for nearly the whole season ? clearly there is something wrong with him mentally when he pulls on the red shirt. As for those who argue we need a game changer - well what is it really we mean by that ? - put someone big up front to rough things up a little probably ? - if thats the case then lets just get Coates off the bench and stick him up front - whats the difference really ? Do you honestly think we can keep 35M on the bench on the off chance we need a game changer - I don't think so. I suspect he likes to have sunshine poured up his arse to get him to perform well regularly and there would have been no better person to do that than Sam at West Ham, coz Carroll is big Sams wet dreams for every football season.

Thats what sickens me about him - how can you play against Chelsea like that in two consecutive games ( a team with a good defence ) having played utter shite for nearly the whole season ? clearly there is something wrong with him mentally when he pulls on the red shirt. As for those who argue we need a game changer - well what is it really we mean by that ? - put someone big up front to rough things up a little probably ? - if thats the case then lets just get Coates off the bench and stick him up front - whats the difference really ? Do you honestly think we can keep 35M on the bench on the off chance we need a game changer - I don't think so. I suspect he likes to have sunshine poured up his arse to get him to perform well regularly and there would have been no better person to do that than Sam at West Ham, coz Carroll is big Sams wet dreams for every football season.

Or, like myself & a myriad of other people, including some of his critics, said he was hammered in the weights room & it made him sluggish & unable to play his natural game.

The fact Kenny had that falling out with the aussie over it should tell us it's more than just talk, & the timing isn't coincidence.

But, if you want to believe that he just wasn't trying all season then decided to for the last few games, then you go ahead, cos that makes way more sense. :rolleyes:

I'm still holding out a hope that Mourinho might make a move for him - poss in a swap (or loan swap) with one of his surplus players.

Or, like myself & a myriad of other people, including some of his critics, said he was hammered in the weights room & it made him sluggish & unable to play his natural game.

The fact Kenny had that falling out with the aussie over it should tell us it's more than just talk, & the timing isn't coincidence.

But, if you want to believe that he just wasn't trying all season then decided to for the last few games, then you go ahead, cos that makes way more sense. :rolleyes:

Agreed, people have some shit agendas against players on here, we all have our pet hates, but Christ, Carroll was onto a hiding for nothing from the off because of his price tag. It's an issue in that it doesn't make much financial to have £35m player on the bench eating up wages, when we're not exactly bursting at the seams with cash, but it's not the lads fault he was overpaid for.

For what it's worth, I think he's good player and his raw attributes, age and sheer power could see him be a monster for another manager, but I think he's gone, but he's the victim in this, for the most part. I feel sorry for the guy.

So, I take it that you'll stop slagging GlenJo then, Mark ?

He's the exception.

Seriously though, I've said umpteen times of late, he's in the bracket of our best players, which I'd say would be Reina, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Gerrard, Suarez. He does still annoy me at times, and I don't think it's harsh, he's dozy as fuck in games, he was doing it on Thursday, falling asleep, think he had all the time in the World. I guess you have to take the rough with the smooth though, going forward he's good and his defensive play has come on of late, especially for England. I think one of the good things to come out of Kenny's spell was him working on Johnson covering the centre back and tucking inside when he's had to, that's something he was guilty of not doing before and I think it's benefited his positional play, some of his last ditch tackles have been really great. I've always maintained he's a good player and was always one of the ones shouting for him to get a stint on the wing, but he's worked on his defensive game and looks much improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom