• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Andy Carroll In Danger Yo !

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem would appear to be that Carroll will be a secondary option at most in Rodgers preferred style, so regardless of Carroll staying or going we would need another striker. The financial balancing act means that in all probability we will have to sell a player who would be second choice in order to fund the purchase of player who the manager sees as a first team option. Keeping Carroll really isnt an option, unless we happen to stumble onto some shit hot striker whose club are desperate to get rid

Higuain?

I have little sympathy for Carroll. In the end he dug his own grave. His lifestyle didn't help either. We bought him injured and when he finally recovered and played didn't look like he gave a fuck. Pity the good form came too late. There's a beast inside of him waiting to be unleashed but it won't be at Liverpool..

Do we really know his lifestyle was bad here? And good coaches don't kick out players with beasts inside of them, they unleash the beasts.

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce believes the signing of Andy Carroll would have guaranteed Premier League survival for the Hammers.

The newly-promoted side have failed to persuade the 23-year-old target-man to join them from Liverpool in a £2million season-long loan deal.

Carroll does not appear to be central to Brendan Rodgers' plans at Anfield and that had opened up the possibility of a switch but the player himself is thought to be unwilling to make the move.

Allardyce is disappointed with that decision - as he believes the arrival of the England international could have ensured a successful season.

"I would have probably stuck my neck out and said we would almost certainly stay up with him on board," Allardyce told The People.

"We wouldn't have thought we would have had any chance of signing a player of Andy Carroll's capabilities but it became clear a couple of weeks ago there was a possibility of a loan.

"Unfortunately, at this moment, it's not the case."

Hammers skipper Kevin Nolan is hoping that situation changes as he would welcome the opportunity to link up with his former Newcastle team-mate once again.

"I would be delighted if Andy would come and join us here," Nolan told the Daily Star.

"I am not too sure whether Brendan Rodgers will let him leave but there is lots of speculation - there always is surrounding Andy.

"If there is a chance, we would be in the reckoning for him because he is such a quality player."

in fairness to carroll, the prospect of playing for Big Sam at West Ham in a relegation battle is not exactly appealing .

Allardyce, who guided West Ham back into the English top flight via the Championship play-offs last season, has now all but ruled out United’s chances of landing the 23-year-old.
“I would probably have stuck my neck out and said we would almost certainly stay up with him on board,” Allardyce said.
“We wouldn’t have thought we would have had any chance of signing a player of Andy Carroll’s capabilities but it became clear a couple of weeks ago there was a possibility of a loan. Unfortunately at this moment, it’s not the case.”

I don't think this has ever been about his lifestyle or how good a player he is, I think people are looking for stuff that's not there. We need to reduce the wage bill, as reported we're looking at Dempsey, so that would mean the preferred front three is Borini, Suarez and Dempsey (otherwise, why spend the money?) with Carroll on the bench for the most part. I know we play alot of game, but when we've got two starting strikers that cost probably about half of Carroll's fee combined, there's no justification for having a £35m player (what he cost anyway) on the bench eating up £80k per week in wages. It's pointless. We may aswell take the cash and spend it on another postition that needs strengthening.

I do like Carroll, I do rate him too, this has always been about boardroom politics, balancing the books and nothing more.

I agree with that. I just think the idea that he would have to be on the bench, at best, even if Rodgers had the chance to work with him, seriously and intensively, is dubious. If Rodgers did work with him I think he'd be a gem - dangerous and productive on the pitch, increasingly valuable off it. Instead of that FSG are just making a short-term business decision. There's a logic to it, short term, but I think it's a waste in the longer term, and a terrible shame in football terms.

That makes a lot of sense. However one needs more that a first 11 squad these days. You need a first 16 or thereabouts at least. One or two injuries and we're fucked if we're not careful.

I agree with that. I just think the idea that he would have to be on the bench, at best, even if Rodgers had the chance to work with him, seriously and intensively, is dubious. If Rodgers did work with him I think he'd be a gem - dangerous and productive on the pitch, increasingly valuable off it. Instead of that FSG are just making a short-term business decision. There's a logic to it, short term, but I think it's a waste in the longer term, and a terrible shame in football terms.

Agreed mate, and as Eric said, beyond the front three we're going to be short. Dempsey can play left and can fill the Gerrard role too, so ideally we could do with a few options. Maybe that's where this potential loan (or two) comes in.

I think they fsg r looking at 35m spent and a return of 11 goals or something and productive play of just 2 nobths since joining us and being here. what that translate to is useless striker and waste if money. if he wsd foreign most of u would not give the time of day - it would be a case of get rid.

Didnt score against Rochdale today. Cant see Rodgers being impressed from his start to pre season.

I think this whole story's just been made up by the media on the back of one slightly ambiguous press conference by Rodgers. It's clear that there's absolutely no way we're looking to sell him!

I think the reason's simple.
Rodgers wanted several players. He was given a budget that could only land a couple of players, being told that anything extra can come from the sale of players.
He looked at all the non-vital players, saw that Carroll would fetch the highest fee so chose him as the source of his extra transfer budget.
I'd sooner he sold Adam, Downing, Spearing and Henderson first (they'd fetch a combined total of more than Carroll currently), but he was probably expecting a couple of teams to put solid bids in straight away.

I think this whole story's just been made up by the media on the back of one slightly ambiguous press conference by Rodgers. It's clear that there's absolutely no way we're looking to sell him!
I presume that is sarcasm Pierre, when I said exactly the same thing about 60 pages ago, you had a right pop at me I am sure you remember....

"Fucking hell man, I can't believe you're sticking doggedly to this line. It's so painfully obvious that he's for sale it's really pretty laughable you refuse to see it. And to accuse others of clinging to an improbable theory! Bizarre."

Regards

I presume that is sarcasm Pierre, when I said exactly the same thing about 60 pages ago, you had a right pop at me I am sure you remember....

"Fucking hell man, I can't believe you're sticking doggedly to this line. It's so painfully obvious that he's for sale it's really pretty laughable you refuse to see it. And to accuse others of clinging to an improbable theory! Bizarre."

Regards

peter seems to think that more media bollocks since then somehow proves it's not bollocks. Or something.

Andrew Carroll has made it clear he wants to stay at Liverpool and fight for his place, and will reject any move to West Ham United or a return to Newcastle United.
Carroll is not even tempted by the massive eight-year contract on offer from West Ham that in total would be worth an astonishing £36 million. The Hammers were willing to break their own wage structure to sign Carroll, having agreed terms with Liverpool.
However, a well-placed ESPN source said on Monday: "Andy is staying at Liverpool for sure."

great , we're stuck with him .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom