• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Andy Carroll In Danger Yo !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm undecided at the moment. One the one hand, if Carroll really isn't going to fit into Rodgers' plans I'd sooner have a decent wedge to spend on players who will. On the other hand, I share macca's doubts in particular about whether making that decision now isn't rather previous.

I'd wager it some really shit attempt at giving credibility to this ESPN insider...... "He even calls him Andrew!"

It sounds like the ghost of Brian Clough. He used to call Teddy Sheringham 'Edward'. Mind you, Steve Morgan used to rant about what a shocking player 'Ingor Briscin' was. The net is closing.

I don't get all this Carroll doesn't fit into Rodgers system.

He can and will score a lot of goals with the right players around hence he fits into any system. At least that is how it should be.

And to even think we're about to offload him to buy Dempsey who isn't exactly a Messi himself makes me feel bewildered. I really really really hope that doesn't happen.

STAY STRONG CARROLL!

Even if Rodgers wanted shut to cash in, he wont fail to be impressed by Andy's desire to stay & prove himself.

Should he match that on the training pitch & whenever's he's chosen Brendan will soon been won over.

The problem is if Rogers doesn't want him we may very well end up in one of those situations where we're all wondering why a player is benched week after week even if he does perform well enough when given a chance. His value will drop even more after a year of that kind of treatment.

He can and will score a lot of goals with the right players around hence he fits into any system. At least that is how it should be.

And to even think we're about to offload him to buy Dempsey who isn't exactly a Messi himself makes me feel bewildered. I really really really hope that doesn't happen.

STAY STRONG CARROLL!
Because he wants his front 3 mobile, hard working pressing hard, good movement and who can float around all 3 positions. Can carroll do that? I don't think so. He's a limited footballer who can only play one way. We need to get rid of him. But we also need to change the mentality of a lot of our players. Against FC Gomel, too many times did we punt a long ball to Borini which came to nothing. If you're gonna play like that then yeah i'd advocate to keeping carroll as thats what he's good at.

The problem is if Rogers doesn't want him we may very well end up in one of those situations where we're all wondering why a player is benched week after week even if he does perform well enough when given a chance. His value will drop even more after a year of that kind of treatment.

There's a danger of that, sure, but I'd like to think Rodgers would know that would seriously damage his value.

We have enough game that he can show in, if he does stay Europa League would be a good showcase for him. If he can find a place for Carra, despite him being the antithesis of his style, I'm sure he can find one for Carroll too.

I think what might put paid to Carroll and put the pressure on is if we buy Dempsey and loan another attacker..

Because he wants his front 3 mobile, hard working pressing hard, good movement and who can float around all 3 positions. Can carroll do that? I don't think so. He's a limited footballer who can only play one way. We need to get rid of him. But we also need to change the mentality of a lot of our players. Against FC Gomel, too many times did we punt a long ball to Borini which came to nothing. If you're gonna play like that then yeah i'd advocate to keeping carroll as thats what he's good at.

Well, what a manager wants and what a manager gets are two different things.

If we're able to sell Andy for £15m to £20m and invest that money into the squad to get what he wants then that's well and good. Few would complain.

If we're only able to get £2m by loaning out Andy with a £15m that may or may not come later, then the best thing for all of us is for Andy to stay and for Brendan to show us that he is a truly great coach and get the most of what he's got. It's what truly great managers/coaches do: getting the best from what he's got to work with.

Well, what a manager wants and what a manager gets are two different things.

If we're able to sell Andy for £15m to £20m and invest that money into the squad to get what he wants then that's well and good. Few would complain.

If we're only able to get £2m by loaning out Andy with a £15m that may or may not come later, then the best thing for all of us is for Andy to stay and for Brendan to show us that he is a truly great coach and get the most of what he's got. It's what truly great managers/coaches do: getting the best from what he's got to work with.
If a guy doesn't have the ability to do it then it doesn't matter who the manager is. Every manager has failed to get the best out of players from time to time so what you're saying isn't true at all. Andy can't play that way, i know it, you know, rodgers know it, everyone knows it. If he stays and we get dempsey or another attacker he will spend most of the season on the bench as a plan B.

I wouldn't claim to be so sure what he is and isn't capable of. But even the financial argument looks shaky if he's sold for a big loss and then someone like Dempsey is brought in for a wildly inflated fee (for his age) and probably inflated wages.

He can and will score a lot of goals with the right players around hence he fits into any system. At least that is how it should be.!

That makes no sense.

That makes no sense.
I am just a bit fed up with all the talk about 'systems' to be honest mate. And the moneytalk too. Systems and money.

Systems doesn't make a great football team in my opinion. Players do. And a manager that knows how to get the best out of them. We all look at Barca and how wonderful they play and what they do right, but we all know that they'd be less successful without Messi around. No matter what system they play.

Anyways, any manager joining a new club with a readymade 'system' in his suitcase will spend a lot of time fitting square pegs into round holes as I see it.

Carroll is no Messi, but he can play and he's got some key attributes we should harnest instead of trying to offload him because he doesn't fit into system X. I hope Rodgers is a wise man that won't stare himself blind on a blueprint rather than actually utilize what talent he's got and start the 'revolution' in the little details for starters.

I want a strong manager with great ideas and the boldness to realize them, I also want a manager that is not afraid to only his 'blueprint' as a guideline more than a holy bible. I still have hope Rodgers is that man and I believe Carroll could become a vital part in his team too.

I am just a bit fed up with all the talk about 'systems' to be honest mate. And the moneytalk too. Systems and money.

Systems doesn't make a great football team in my opinion. Players do. And a manager that knows how to get the best out of them. We all look at Barca and how wonderful they play and what they do right, but we all know that they'd be less successful without Messi around. No matter what system they play.

Anyways, any manager joining a new club with a readymade 'system' in his suitcase will spend a lot of time fitting square pegs into round holes as I see it.

Carroll is no Messi, but he can play and he's got some key attributes we should harnest instead of trying to offload him because he doesn't fit into system X. I hope Rodgers is a wise man that won't stare himself blind on a blueprint rather than actually utilize what talent he's got and start the 'revolution' in the little details for starters.

I want a strong manager with great ideas and the boldness to realize them, I also want a manager that is not afraid to only his 'blueprint' as a guideline more than a holy bible. I still have hope Rodgers is that man and I believe Carroll could become a vital part in his team too.

I read the first 3 sentences and gave up. Sorry.

Do we really know his lifestyle was bad here? And good coaches don't kick out players with beasts inside of them, they unleash the beasts.
He may yet be unleashed Macca. He is digging his heals in and deserves as much a chance as the next man. Lets see what happens.

Maybe if he gets the confidence of the manager, Carroll will come to the fore.

SVikh.gif

Keep the big fucker, and that's coming from one of his biggest critics.

Yes, the mega bucks hes on will make him want to stay but maybe he wants to prove himself at Liverpool, who knows. Give the lad another season or at least til January.

I had a dream last night that he absolutely monstered some European side. There was other weird stuff going on as well.

i can see why rodgers doesn't want carroll. look at the difference in the passing and movement of our front 3. Roaming all over the pitch making space. Carroll would be lost in this system and just stay in the middle.

After the Gomel game does anyone think Andy has any future at this club ? I have only seen the highlights but clearly there is no room in this new system for a player like him is there ?

Andy Carrol would probably not fit Wengers style of play either, but god knows how many times he would have needed such a player to bail him out.

Andy Carrol would probably not fit Wengers style of play either, but god knows how many times he would have needed such a player to bail him out.
he's a very expensive plan b. we can't afford it. yeah there will be times when we would need him like against stoke or chelsea just to destroy terry. but most times we won't.

Ffs. Rodgers doesn't have a plan B.

Neither do barca!

Either plan A works, or you tweak plan A a little, Rodgers either will have Carroll fit his style or he'll play a bit part to keep him fresh & try to get offers in January.

I honestly don't think Plan B is a valid option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom